Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9085 9086 [9087] 9088 9089 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14562806 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136290 on: August 03, 2018, 05:05:43 am »

Gotta say as another card-carrying member, I don't know how to feel about the immediate assumption that 'Oh hey I found out that I share X trait with a large population of my gender' turned into what was indirectly an accusation.
Can people no longer have safe and happy (healthy is assumed by me but maybe debatable) sex lives without the question immediately lingering in the air of 'Yes but R-word'.

I'm currently trying to have something approaching a modern and healthy relationship, and mostly it involves so much space. I've got patience and self control both in abundance but at some point I'm expecting my partner to either tell me to dial up the assertiveness or go find someone who does.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136291 on: August 03, 2018, 05:23:33 am »

So apparently we're having this conversation?  I thought this wasn't supposed to be a conversation we were supposed to have here, though I can't immediately think of why.  I guess that'll be my WTF for the day.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136292 on: August 03, 2018, 05:35:12 am »

I feel like its one of those silly things that makes a subset of the population uncomfortable to face, so we just didn't for the potential for infighting.

idk, I feel like some people actually believe sexual dimorphism doesn't exist?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136293 on: August 03, 2018, 05:35:32 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:09:03 pm by dragdeler »
let

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136294 on: August 03, 2018, 05:37:08 am »

toady's been skittish about conversation like this historically iirc (didn't pony threads in GD get banned over smut fic tagging discussion?)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136295 on: August 03, 2018, 05:38:33 am »

I think the reason it never goes well is because people who feel their point is unwelcome will tend to rely on a button instead of discussion. I... never want anyone to feel that they can't share a part of their life here.
I know the place has gotten a lot bigger and thus less trusting than when I started, but this might be the only place you can have these kinds of discussions now, at least without it being a sounding box of one variety of another.

edit: on that note dragdeler, all<most<many<some. Easy rule of thumb for avoiding pissing people off is to take the level you think it is at, and then drop it a notch.
Nobody wants to hear that their demographic (and by extension likely themselves) are shallow, and in your personal experience you have interacted with a freaking tiny sample size of a particular population of a particular culture.
It's a lot more civil to keep those kinds of assertions to a first person vagueness, and that also means you can get away with saying some of the more contentious stuff without making enemies.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:44:33 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136296 on: August 03, 2018, 05:42:17 am »

And I know myself, who really wishes we could just be equals and leave the power game out of it.

Do that and you'll either bore her out of her mind or just be disrespected. It's so ironic how you allways hear men are superficial for being interested in features people can't change about themselves; yet most women are only interested in how you present yourself and your resume.

Oh, they can definitely change. I was attracted to her boobs when we first met. Those are mostly gone now.

...on a slightly more serious note, the relationship really hasn't been healthy for a long time, and bedroom relations are included in that description. But at least I never got together with that lifestyler I dated many years ago... Pshaw!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136297 on: August 03, 2018, 05:51:37 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:08:49 pm by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136298 on: August 03, 2018, 05:55:38 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:08:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136299 on: August 03, 2018, 06:03:41 am »

I challenge you to find one sentence that starts with "some women" that isn't true... Alternatively you could just try to catch cancer.

Some women prefer leading brand smokes over the cool, smooth smoke of Camel Cigarettes, the #1 brand recommended by doctors.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136300 on: August 03, 2018, 06:10:20 am »

They are heretics.  Camel and marlboro are the  best smokes.

I never got the whole 'smoke 100s' thing.  hundreds cost the same and taste worse.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136301 on: August 03, 2018, 06:29:50 am »

Some women has been on the surface of the moon.

Also thanks for worrying you guys. I'm better now, just had one of those LordBaal three days in a row work extravaganza, instead of work was the actual appointments for the papers. So many sleepless nights. Hopefully we'll have them the next week. After beating that boss the next level is our baby paspassport.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:33:05 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136302 on: August 03, 2018, 06:41:49 am »

Pff, as if men have been on the moon.  The moon rocks are just from a drilling expedition to the luna-earth core.  You didn't know planets and their moons share a core?  What are you, a flat-spacer?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136303 on: August 03, 2018, 07:14:46 am »

Some women has been on the surface of the moon.

No they haven´t. The Apollo missions were all male endeavours
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136304 on: August 03, 2018, 07:15:34 am »

I think that was his point :P

I challenge you to find one sentence that starts with "some women" that isn't true...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:19:10 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9085 9086 [9087] 9088 9089 ... 11040