Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9045 9046 [9047] 9048 9049 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551067 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135690 on: July 16, 2018, 06:24:32 am »

As long you can survive with the other half is fine, a good drink is one of the best pleasures one can indulge I thimk, as long you don't over do it.

As young I read how people in the USSR turned to drinking and their depression and misery away and how it even became a public health problem. It's weird seeing it with your own eyes.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #135691 on: July 16, 2018, 06:39:12 am »

I think vegetables are way more likely to kill me at this point, corn especially. I have had corn stalks slice my palm open with ease. I dropped a 1+ ton pallet of corn from 4 feet in the air awhile back and it was sheer luck no one died/was injured.

At this point I take less drugs than literally 75% of Americans. I drink alcohol a lot and that's it. I don't even smoke or drink caffeine. And I probably drink less alcohol than you'd expect for an addict.
If you took as much drugs as 75% of all Americans you'd die instantly.

Is that... A challenge? I once dropped 16+ hits of acid and got raided by police. I once took 11.5 grams of psilocybin mushrooms, all at once. I started a day by downing a script of Xanax, then driving an hour into the city to get bath salts and research chemicals. After that I drank a fifth of whiskey and got into a wrestling match with some friends.

But I was young then, so if it is a challenge I'll have to think about it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135692 on: July 16, 2018, 06:49:00 am »

I'm pretty sure they were poking fun at your wording... like, as much drugs as 75% of the population all at once. :P

Apart from the benzos and bath salts that all sounds pretty fun, though!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #135693 on: July 16, 2018, 06:53:21 am »

It perpetually baffles me how people consider taking huge quantities of poison "fun".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135694 on: July 16, 2018, 06:54:22 am »

It perpetually baffles me how people consider taking huge quantities of poison "fun".
Junkies are junkies.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135695 on: July 16, 2018, 06:55:50 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:54:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135696 on: July 16, 2018, 06:56:39 am »

If you don't die, it messes with your brain chemistry in interesting and enjoyable ways?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #135697 on: July 16, 2018, 07:11:07 am »

I'm pretty sure they were poking fun at your wording... like, as much drugs as 75% of the population all at once. :P

Apart from the benzos and bath salts that all sounds pretty fun, though!

I know mate.  :P

Junkies are junkies.

This. At first I did drugs to experiment. Then I was doing them to feel normal.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #135698 on: July 16, 2018, 07:12:48 am »

If you don't die, it messes with your brain chemistry in interesting and enjoyable ways?
Potentially. Assuming your particular chemistry doesn't nail you with a nightmare trip or you don't find the effect to be severely unenjoyable regardless.

Avoid the stuff in general, personally, but surgery and whatnot has given experience with laughing gas and opioids. Can see why people go for it, but it was a profoundly unpleasant experience. The whole loss of control over your mind and whatnot fucking sucks homosexual elephant stud orgy level of balls. Was better than the pain, but bloody barely.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135699 on: July 16, 2018, 07:22:15 am »

As someone who deals with psychosomatic pain signals fairly often, opioids appeal to me. However, the side effects of regular opioid use have happily kept me away from trying to use the damn things.

I once actually tried to become an alcoholic, so that I'd have some meaning and drive to my life. I was consistently impressed by the incredible cunning and motivation of addicts to do everything in their power to secure their next fix, and I thought that maybe that could work for me.

Fortunately/unfortunately, I lacked the dedication to properly get myself hooked on anything, and my career in alcoholism was short-lived and surprisingly dry. Now I just play games and pretend the world isn't happening.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #135700 on: July 16, 2018, 07:31:56 am »

Eh... well, keep an eye out. Seem to recall mention of some new painkillers in the pipe that are like opioids, with less side effects. Pharmacology marches on, et al.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135701 on: July 16, 2018, 07:39:12 am »

I once dropped acid. My foot is still scarred from the event.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135702 on: July 16, 2018, 07:41:35 am »

Eh... well, keep an eye out. Seem to recall mention of some new painkillers in the pipe that are like opioids, with less side effects. Pharmacology marches on, et al.
Less side effects =/= no side effects.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135703 on: July 16, 2018, 07:42:15 am »

Junkies are junkies.
I certainly don't plan on ever trying junk - for one thing, I'm a bit leery of needles, and if I somehow found it in smokeable form I'm sure I'd be much too fond of the stuff from the outset.   

@Kagus: yes, becoming an alcoholic is harder than it looks. Not that I've ever deliberately tried - I just assumed it would happen on its own.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135704 on: July 16, 2018, 07:46:45 am »

I think it scratches the risk-taking itch for some people.  It's not as cool as BMX biking or casual sex or whatnot, but it's a lot more convenient.  Unless you go junkie, of course.
And like caffeine, the mental effects can be really useful (if you know what you're doing).  I think that's the main draw of nicotine, but it's just too dependence-forming for me.

What I really don't get is why people enjoy overexposing themselves to cancer-causing sunlight, particularly on a gritty beach.  There's swimming, but in eye-burning saline with jellyfish.

Video games are a fine vice, though.  Many of them are even art :P
I still use my "fear of not having alcohol around" as motivation to go for long walks.  I usually don't actually drink it that day, because the walk gives the rush I was really after.
But I can't just replace drinking with exercise because that's not how motivation works.  On the occasions I really tried, I started chasing an endorphin high and... pushing my body way too hard.

I'm still sorry for the price of alcohol in your country, it's ridiculous man ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 9045 9046 [9047] 9048 9049 ... 11038