Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8759 8760 [8761] 8762 8763 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14575410 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131400 on: March 10, 2018, 05:07:39 am »

I win again with Squee, from Johnny the homicidal maniac.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #131401 on: March 10, 2018, 05:35:31 am »

I won with Sergei Kirov

PD: Won again with Alexius I Komnenos
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:49:05 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131402 on: March 10, 2018, 06:24:05 am »

Couldn't pick up on Ned Pointsman from Gravity's Rainbow, although amusingly it did have Tyrone Slothrop on one of the character lists.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131403 on: March 10, 2018, 07:34:57 am »

Never heard of Akinator.  Every time I try to use it, after I click the first question (gender), it just gets stuck.

WTF, web programmers.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131404 on: March 10, 2018, 09:05:39 am »

Never heard of Akinator.  Every time I try to use it, after I click the first question (gender), it just gets stuck.

WTF, web programmers.
It's a problem with certain cookies. Clear your cookies and flash cookies, then run it in private browsing. After the first 3-4 times, it will correct its self.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #131405 on: March 10, 2018, 10:15:53 am »

I managed to beat it twice! Once with King Bore, King of Winter, and once with Tuvstarr, the main character in a fairy tale. It's pretty freaky how fast it jumps to the right conclusion when it get it's right though. It took Birger Jarl and Magnus "Barn-Lock", a historical Swedish statesman/politician and a king, after almost no questions.

It's also funny how when it doesn't know what you think it starts acting as if you've picked the wrong answer on a previous question. Like, when my character was Red Worm (a literary character from an in viking story with red hair) and I answered the question "is he brown haired" with no, yet it kept guessing brown haired characters three times before it guessed Red Worm correctly.

When I had the artist Björk it didn't even get to ask me if it was an artist, singer or musician before it knew. It just asked me three times in a row if it was an Icelandic person xD
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131406 on: March 10, 2018, 12:34:16 pm »

WTF, web programmers.
It's a problem with certain cookies. Clear your cookies and flash cookies, then run it in private browsing. After the first 3-4 times, it will correct its self.
Exactly.  A problem with web programmers.

(If you have to rely on your users taking meta-actions like clearing cookies, changing browsing mode, etc. you're doing it wrong.)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #131407 on: March 10, 2018, 02:55:39 pm »

WTF, web programmers.
Exactly.  A problem with web programmers.

(If you have to rely on your users taking meta-actions like clearing cookies, changing browsing mode, etc. you're doing it wrong.)
That's only part of the problem.

You mean troubleshooting? A basic skill that one needs to develop if they want to solve problems (and use computers)?

Lack of troubleshooting skills are part of why there are compatibility issues, because users who recognize problems don't report issues or solutions accurately or sometimes not at all. Expecting web programmers to anticipate every issue that may arise is unrealistic, that's why on larger projects there are teams dedicated to QA who have to confirm the issue and then report it in a way that allows programmers to quickly resolve it. There are usually a small team of programmers and significantly larger base of users who all have different setups, your expectations are unfair.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131408 on: March 10, 2018, 02:59:33 pm »

Beat him twice, once with John Robertson (famous soccer player from Scotland, top scorer for Heart of Midlothian) and Craig Levein (famous soccer player from Scotland, current manager for Heart of Midlothian)

He did get someone associated with the Hearts job though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #131409 on: March 10, 2018, 03:04:15 pm »

Akinator is all about that nerd cred; how niche and obscure can you go
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131410 on: March 10, 2018, 04:37:16 pm »

Your eye, or the skin around it?
Always be extra careful when carrying sharp or pointy tools. Be glad you hit your eye with the handle and not the teeth of the saw.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131411 on: March 10, 2018, 06:27:55 pm »

GOG was practically giving away the original Empire Earth for like two bucks.  Its a fun little time sink but the I've forgotten how ridiculous the AI can be.  Its incredibly unintelligent at times and basically ignores the resource system, making a lot of what you do to it rather pointless.  There were times I'd destroy an outpost only for it to be entirely back in a matter of minutes.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #131412 on: March 10, 2018, 06:53:52 pm »

It is highly amusing to mess with though. Theyll send citizens by the hundreds in long single file lines to build shit behind your borders, and you can just have them all murdered.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131413 on: March 10, 2018, 07:02:32 pm »

I've seen them spawn entire armies from the fog-of-war, even in places were there cannot conceivably be any troop production buildings. Also what they do with nuclear bombers is utter and total bullshit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131414 on: March 10, 2018, 07:13:05 pm »

My WTF is that Akinator managed to find Grimith's youtube channel but was unable to find out Jia Bao-yu. I guess I got him tripped up with Three Kingdoms characters or something?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 8759 8760 [8761] 8762 8763 ... 11041