Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8595 8596 [8597] 8598 8599 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517278 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128940 on: November 22, 2017, 09:10:46 pm »

You can't remove the batteries in smartphones these days though, not iPhones at least.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128941 on: November 22, 2017, 09:51:25 pm »

Which sucks.  My favorite part of Ingress was probably "reloading" the failing batteries on my Droid 2.  I got really fast at it (and hard-resetting that phone was often necessary to get a signal, anyway).  I didn't have that "portable battery" crap :P  Though I would sometimes wire up to my laptop and carry it in a backpack.  Which was a good idea except that time I missed a curb (I was on my bicycle).

...I used to be waaaay into Ingress.  Pokemon Go is just better, except it's a lot harder to get invested in a local community :/  No built-in chat, much less all the extensive player-built organization and C&C software.  We would literally get dispatches near midnight to take down level-8 farms.  And I hear the lawful evil other team had a whole credit-system you could work your way up to become an officer.  I took it seriously, a lot of people took it seriously.  Never met someone who feels that way about Pokemon GO.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128942 on: November 22, 2017, 10:14:58 pm »

In a combination of EuroPol and wtf, the Thuringia branch of Germany's AfD apparently has a Chief Escalation Officer? O.o https://www.politico.eu/article/german-artists-build-holocaust-memorial-outside-far-right-politicians-house/ last paragraph in the article. Don't know if that's a real thing or the author inserting their views or being sarcastic.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128943 on: November 22, 2017, 10:17:05 pm »

That guy's on the other side - you must've misread.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128944 on: November 22, 2017, 10:20:22 pm »

Oh, wasn't clear who said that as the quote sounded like it could have come from either side.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128945 on: November 23, 2017, 08:20:19 pm »

Got a thanksgiving night thunderstorm. Horrible fucking rain

Weather is whack this year
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128946 on: November 24, 2017, 10:03:35 am »

For the life of me I can't like Titan Quest and Grim Dawn. I know people here love them as Diablo-likes, but I find them  extremely dull and boring, and kind of kitchen-sink feature wise.

I'd say that the last two great hack-and-slash games I've played were Diablo 2 and Torchlight 1 (Torchlight 2, conversely, felt worse than 1 to me. Very slow and boring gameplay, as stat allocation is severely handicapped)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128947 on: November 24, 2017, 11:30:59 am »

A minor wtf is that safari on mobile apparently does have a 'recently closed tabs function' (you press on the + symbol for a couple seconds rather than a quick tap), but I didn't notice until a couple days ago. The wtf is that I've been using mobile for years (since 2008 at least) and I didn't notice until recently. So, I have no idea how long that feature has been there.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128948 on: November 24, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »

Working retail on Black Friday was surprisingly painless.

I only work part-time though, and managed to find one task to keep me occupied for 3.5 of the 4 hours I was there.

Holy shit volume of people, however.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #128949 on: November 24, 2017, 01:59:54 pm »

Also working Black Friday Retail. At the grocery store. We ain't got shit.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128950 on: November 24, 2017, 02:05:50 pm »

I don't think grocery stores tend to do Black Friday. Though apparently part of it is due to people doing it yesterday and partly due to more people shopping online.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #128951 on: November 24, 2017, 02:16:10 pm »

I don't think grocery stores tend to do Black Friday. Though apparently part of it is due to people doing it yesterday and partly due to more people shopping online.

We don't. I just being facetious.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128952 on: November 24, 2017, 04:04:35 pm »

I did morning shift black friday.  We're a farming supply store, and today we opened two hours earlier, and I had to be there at 5am.

It was actually rather uneventful. There was a bunch of sales on gun safes, some truck boxes, and bird seed, but that's about it.  It was honesty busier last Saturday.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #128953 on: November 24, 2017, 04:27:38 pm »

For the life of me I can't like Titan Quest and Grim Dawn. I know people here love them as Diablo-likes, but I find them  extremely dull and boring, and kind of kitchen-sink feature wise.

My brother and I co-oped TQ for a while and then pretty much dropped it forever. You're not the only one that finds it boring, I know that much!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128954 on: November 24, 2017, 05:10:38 pm »

Also worked Black Friday retail. Aside from opening half an hour early, and some coworkers possibly trying to sabotage my work(alternate explanation, they're goddamn incompetent), there wasn't anything happening. There was one incident where someone found a bottle labeled "holy water", and started splashing it around like they were sanctifying the place with it, and the room smelled like ashes for a while afterwards. I'm actually pretty irritated with that, there's a very good reason why nobody is supposed to be playing with liquids. I still remember the incident where someone found a bottle of pepper spray.

It was actually rather uneventful. There was a bunch of sales on gun safes, some truck boxes, and bird seed, but that's about it.  It was honesty busier last Saturday.
I'm curious if anyone got all three at once and if any of them were named "Wile E. Coyote".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 8595 8596 [8597] 8598 8599 ... 11037