Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8504 8505 [8506] 8507 8508 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14539882 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127575 on: October 11, 2017, 01:58:46 pm »

My brother keeps on insisting that FEMA is running death camps for hurricane victims.

...Is he... Is he doing it to troll you?
Love, scriver~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127576 on: October 11, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »

He is strong with the Trump-side.  So... yea...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127577 on: October 11, 2017, 03:04:16 pm »

If he's strong with the Trump-side why on Earth does he think Trump's appointees are running death camps?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127578 on: October 11, 2017, 03:21:03 pm »

If he's strong with the Trump-side why on Earth does he think Trump's appointees are running death camps?
Obviously FEMA is secretly taking orders from Obama and/or Hillary to kill Trump's supporters. They probably created the hurricanes using HAARP, too!

WAKE UP SHEEPLE etc
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #127579 on: October 11, 2017, 03:24:48 pm »

A common line I've been hearing from Trump supporters recently is that Trump and the Republican Party are still the government opposition and don't have control due to a "deep state" of liberal bureaucrats. And so they aren't responsible for anything bad that happens.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127580 on: October 11, 2017, 03:39:33 pm »

Have heard the same since literally day one of the current admin. Frequently see things about how Obama is secretly causing all problems.

Mostly from friends' parents who are known crazyfolk.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #127581 on: October 11, 2017, 03:49:07 pm »

My hands smell of garlic sauce. I've not eaten nor come into contact with such.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127582 on: October 11, 2017, 03:56:06 pm »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-08/allergan-makes-deal-with-native-american-tribe-over-drug-patents

I struggled for a while do decide if I should put this in here, Ameripol, or the laugh thread. It probably won't work but even if it doesn't it's still on a level of finaglery that's above and beyond us here on the mortal plane. It's like the corporate equivalent of calling out gold tassels on a courtroom flag.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127583 on: October 11, 2017, 03:58:09 pm »

My hands smell of garlic sauce. I've not eaten nor come into contact with such.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-08/allergan-makes-deal-with-native-american-tribe-over-drug-patents

I struggled for a while do decide if I should put this in here, Ameripol, or the laugh thread. It probably won't work but even if it doesn't it's still on a level of finaglery that's above and beyond us here on the mortal plane. It's like the corporate equivalent of calling out gold tassels on a courtroom flag.
I'm having trouble understanding what is actually going on, or what they are dodging by handing over the rights.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127584 on: October 11, 2017, 04:22:51 pm »

I'm having trouble understanding what is actually going on, or what they are dodging by handing over the rights.

I think the idea is that if they sign over the patent to a sovereign entity and then pay them royalties to use it then no one can challenge the patent, because the owner is a sovereign group, and they basically never lose the exclusive rights to the medicine until the patent expires normally, which takes ages and is normally bypassed sooner by legal challenges.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127585 on: October 11, 2017, 04:23:04 pm »

Trump administration wants to lower drug prices, and is doing so by challenging certain patents as generic with an inter partes review. However, as the tribe is a 'sovereign government entity', the federal government has a harder time dealing with its matters. By handing the patent rights over to the tribe, the company believes it can keep its essential monopoly on the drug and rake in more cash from the misery of others. However, as noted in the article itself, they're not sure if it can hold up in court.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127586 on: October 11, 2017, 04:24:11 pm »

Ninja'd but:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a dodge worthy of a Captain Planet villain if it does work, but as the article notes it's shaky.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127587 on: October 11, 2017, 04:33:17 pm »

...Does anything prevent the tribe from just trololoing and licensing the drug to whoever?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127588 on: October 11, 2017, 05:14:21 pm »

It would be amusing if the tribe just pocketed the initial 13 mil and sold it for like 5c a pop or something.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127589 on: October 11, 2017, 05:15:34 pm »

...Does anything prevent the tribe from just trololoing and licensing the drug to whoever?
An official contract, probably, though terminating it or allowing it to expire can be possible depending on its actual content.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 8504 8505 [8506] 8507 8508 ... 11037