Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8489 8490 [8491] 8492 8493 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544193 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127350 on: October 06, 2017, 07:06:33 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127351 on: October 06, 2017, 07:10:52 am »

For more context, I was being coerced by the portrait to kidnap and murder people to... feed him? He's a painting, I have no idea how he would ingest human meat.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127352 on: October 06, 2017, 07:22:49 am »

To be fair, I recently had a strange nightmare where I was trapped in some odd building, pissed into a toy chest, got caught, and the rest of the dream was me being interrogated. "Why did you do it?! Why'd you piss in that toy chest?!" "I DON'T KNOW!"

To be clear, I've never done anything of the sort.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127353 on: October 06, 2017, 07:27:16 am »

Nightmare logic knows no bounds. Physics only applies if it hurts you more than it not applying.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #127354 on: October 06, 2017, 07:43:11 am »

Who's Alexander Hamilton?

Cus that was the name of my great grandfather.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127355 on: October 06, 2017, 07:45:21 am »

Huh? Because line breaks count as characters for bandwidth purposes. It's good practice for your production web code to be like that. Plus it's removed not just line breaks, but all indentation/spaces/tabs and renamed all variables with shorter names. This can cut a big chunk off a large file. That line was 17K characters. Without clever packing, you could be looking at another 20-30K each time you load that webpage. That adds up when you consider all the page loads in the world. Also unless that page loads literally instantly, it's also a positive for user experience and site efficiency.
Thing is, they only did it for that one part. The rest of the code used line breaks pretty often. Why not optimize the entire code, if that's the reason they did it?

In other news, today I haggled by accident. I was buying a handmade candle base from a glassmaker's studio. He looked over it, mumbling something about a price tag, and so I helpfully read out the price sign that was on the shelf, except I didn't notice it was for another product. He just said that he usually sells it for more, but agreed and sold the base for like a third cheaper than actually listed. Here in modern Finland haggling is very rare and prices are generally rigid, but apparently smaller shops like that one still do it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:55:12 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #127356 on: October 06, 2017, 07:51:34 am »

That...does not sound like haggling, which tends to be reciprocated. You told him what he thought was the rigid price, so he charged you for that. Haggling would be you saying a lower price, him a higher one, and then you meet in the middle.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127357 on: October 06, 2017, 08:00:18 am »

No, he actually said that he usually sells it for more, naming the usual price. I told him what I thought was the rigid price, and he knowingly agreed to sell it for less.

You could say that he said the high price when he originally put the smaller price sign up and I said the low price when I read the bigger one next to it, even if it was the wrong one. Even if we didn't meet in the middle, I'd call that haggling by accident.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #127358 on: October 06, 2017, 09:05:03 am »

No, he actually said that he usually sells it for more, naming the usual price. I told him what I thought was the rigid price, and he knowingly agreed to sell it for less.

You could say that he said the high price when he originally put the smaller price sign up and I said the low price when I read the bigger one next to it, even if it was the wrong one. Even if we didn't meet in the middle, I'd call that haggling by accident.

Shame! Shame! Shame!
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127359 on: October 06, 2017, 09:14:27 am »

Yeah that sounds like low-key haggling to me, even if it wasn't intentional.

My wtf: a group I'm in on Facebook that is supposedly dedicated to the sharing of photos of and recipes for cheap vegan food was today engulfed in a bitter political flamewar.
That's not the WTF, though, the group in question goes off the rails in some way or another almost every day, usually over some disagreement about the whys or wherefores of veganism -  some arguments are more entertaining than others.
The wtf is that one side of the argument was advocating communism. Communism! Wtf. There were quite a lot of them too (admittedly mostly young folks from the US), and I'm pretty sure at least a few actually believed in what they were preaching.

In Happy news, though, TIL that making fun of communists on the internet is bloody fun. A lot more fun and less emotionally draining than arguing with omnivores (although that is still a satisfying duty to fulfil), since in this case it's not a topic I care so much about.

It's all always quite horrifying to be reminded of what utter dipshits so many vegans are, though. I already knew I disagree strongly with a lot of them on basically every topic other than animal welfare, but "how can you be vegan and not be a communist?!" has got to be a new low. :o

Anyway, now I must sleep. Shit, typing on this phone takes so long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127360 on: October 06, 2017, 09:48:09 am »

"how can you be vegan and not be a communist?!"

I think they took Animal Farm abit too literally.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127361 on: October 06, 2017, 11:07:39 am »

For more context, I was being coerced by the portrait to kidnap and murder people to... feed him? He's a painting, I have no idea how he would ingest human meat.

FEED ME SEYMOUR
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127362 on: October 06, 2017, 11:14:16 am »

If you want to annoy vegans tell them you believe that plants are conscious, and that you'd need to eat many plants or one animal, so eating the animal is kinder. Or variations on that. Basically instead of logic you just double-down on whatever they believe and go so far out the other end that it contradicts itself.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127363 on: October 06, 2017, 11:22:51 am »

But the animal still has to eat all the plants and more, so just eating many plants directly still causes less suffering in the end.
Love, scriver~

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #127364 on: October 06, 2017, 11:24:00 am »

FEED ME SEYMOUR
Does anyone else just not like Little Shop of Horrors?
Pages: 1 ... 8489 8490 [8491] 8492 8493 ... 11037