Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8292 8293 [8294] 8295 8296 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548673 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124395 on: July 18, 2017, 03:01:08 am »

Hahaha that is called mob justice

Who has not by now seen innocent people lose their livelihoods by uncontrolled mobs running off of their own self-conviction that their victim is scum who needs to be punished for their transgression? Ayyy lmao if you say something I or some random chucklefuck finds offensive, then they release your doxx, send letters to your boss and families saying that you are some horrible abusive scum and whatnot, drum up a real internet mob to just overwhelm your most important social and business spheres with consensus that you are human trash and are just abusive to everyone for prejudiced reasons, tank your internet reviews and associate your name with the very concept of villainy - You do not have freedom of speech ;]

I'm sure it's some consolation to such peoples absolutely merced by the actions of normal citizens for expressing their opinions, that the "accepted" interpretation of free speech does not mean they won't have their lives ruined by friendly concerned citizens.
End result? We must all fall into our protective political spheres in all walks of life, where we know everyone we associate with can be trusted to be loyal and defend one another from the enemy camp of normal citizens. Which is the same as I discussed

Least of all when so many social mediums have carved out such a powerful dominance in all modern interactions. You can't get employed without social media, often work functions happen through social media! Even fucking revolutions have been organized through social media lmao, to the point where non-participation is an increasingly risky statement in of itself. And there are no protections against people who can decide they find your speech worthy of consequence, however petty, justified or unjustified, and can accordingly wreak calamitous ruin ;D
Let loose the dogs of war, woof woof
If you think you have moral immunity in how you respond to an act you deem wrong, if you’re bolstered by witnessing mutual reaction and views from others to the wrong act, this is essentially mob justice.
And mob justice is not, in fact, justice due to the inherent unfairness.
This definition delivers a mandate to ruin the lives of everyone, there is not a bland cucumber of a soul in the world who could fail to offend anyone and be brought to death for it :D

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #124396 on: July 18, 2017, 04:03:14 pm »

Yes, there should be rules against mob justice. The difficulty is enforcing those rules without becoming a fascistic shithole like your enemy. Come back after you have a plan to properly administrate /pol/ and Tumblr without becoming the very monsters you fear.

Grab some periods while you're out, because you're missing some.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #124397 on: July 18, 2017, 04:12:48 pm »

Am I the only one who finds the previous comment ironic considering the topic being discussed?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #124398 on: July 18, 2017, 05:43:29 pm »

I've lost all understanding of the conversation at hand, merely continuing at this point seems ironic
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #124399 on: July 18, 2017, 05:54:16 pm »

I've lost all understanding of the conversation at hand, merely continuing at this point seems ironic
But what if you were fated to fight fate?  Would you fight fate by not fighting fate?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #124400 on: July 18, 2017, 06:04:52 pm »

What if you were fated to not fight fate because you thought you were fated to fight fate, and in such a way made lack of fight your fate?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124401 on: July 18, 2017, 06:53:59 pm »

What if you were fated to not fight fate because you thought you were fated to fight fate, and in such a way made lack of fight your fate?

He knows. I know he knows. He knows I know he knows. But he doesnt know I know he knows I know he knows-- So I got the edge!

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124402 on: July 18, 2017, 07:39:17 pm »

I have some stomach issues, and a cat scan while I'm working. I'm honestly scared of what they are going to find. Also, I'm in pain so I'm not nice to deal with right now even though I'm being pretty ok overall. Little things are starting to slip. Barium sucks and does not agree with me.

I tried to be funny but got hit with a nice big wave of pain when I did it and I screwed up the delivery from joking to sounding serious. I apologized but yeah. I still feel like crap about it. I'm actually being accommodated so far, or they wanna.

In the meantime, part of me just wants a simple surgery to get this over with and the other part of me is scared to death it's more serious.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #124403 on: July 18, 2017, 09:39:23 pm »

The Photobucket Phuckapalooza has finally struck my avatar down. Good-bye, painting of Andrew Ryan, I'll miss ye.

Still trying to break this one in...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124404 on: July 18, 2017, 09:51:40 pm »

What's that one from?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #124405 on: July 18, 2017, 10:06:06 pm »

Eye of the Storm. The Scene I pulled is about a minute and twenty in. Cool little short film.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #124406 on: July 18, 2017, 10:12:37 pm »

Without those steely eyes staring at us how will you keep your argumentive arms race players in line? :P
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124407 on: July 19, 2017, 08:38:59 am »

Not liking having to go to driving school. I've completed it several times, but I keep getting sent to them, because my mom keeps signing me up for them.

She doesn't want me practicing with her car, and thinks that the insurance discount from taking school is cumulative.

I have to write a 15 page essay on driving for this Saturday. Never had to do this in any other school I've been to. And no free time for writing something of this size in only a week.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124408 on: July 19, 2017, 09:33:19 am »

Eeesh. If I wanted to drive, I would use an online course to get past the initial bit and earn my learner's permit, then get a private driving tutor to handle the driving hours bit. Or at least I think that's how it works, or can work.

I don't think going to a driving school is necessary, at all. I had this online course with an annoying robot mascot... well, it worked. And then I opted not to continue working towards a driver's license. It's an unusual decision, but I don't think I could trust myself to do it safely at my current age.

So, here's my dubious life advice.

Find a junky old car for sale. Needs to be real cheap. Talk to your mom about buying it together. She'll pay the deposit(there generally is one, right?) and you'll work a part-time job or find some way of earning money to pay off the debt. Meanwhile, you have a car that isn't your mother's to practice with, which she should be okay with. She would still have to supervise(unless you get a tutor), but she wouldn't have to worry about her own car getting wrecked.

Find the evidence about the insurance discount not being cumulative, then present it to her when she's in a good mood and most likely to respond well. Use multiple, up-to-date sources to counter the objections of "this one's wrong, has to be" and "out of date", and preferably, get a government source, because it's something far less likely to be argued with.

Note that my knowledge of this subject may be incomplete or downright false, so be careful to do your own checks if you do act on my advice. Cheers.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124409 on: July 19, 2017, 01:36:11 pm »

I'm interning at a non-profit for part of the summer, and I just overheard two of the employees casually discussing their acid/shroom trips. Mind you, one of them is in his 70s. The California Bay area's a fucking wild place.
Pages: 1 ... 8292 8293 [8294] 8295 8296 ... 11038