Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8270 8271 [8272] 8273 8274 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14539555 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124065 on: July 08, 2017, 12:13:20 am »

Honestly, so long as there's any cars around at all, push the dumb button. Time for safety is almost always a good trade, even if it's a few people's time for a small amount of safety for one person, people honestly don't need to get places NOW NOW NOW. That's really Chaotic Neutral behavior.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124066 on: July 08, 2017, 12:28:36 am »

If there's a button, I push it. Not because I want to get somewhere faster though - I just like the noise.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124067 on: July 08, 2017, 12:44:39 am »

Time for safety is almost always a good trade.
Well, if I'm looking at the lights right, the only way in which I'd be unsafe is if someone ran a red light.
In which case I really wouldn't have been helped by the beepyflashy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124068 on: July 08, 2017, 12:47:29 am »

And how can you possibly know for sure that you're looking at the light right at any given moment? One possible consequence of not looking at the lights right is that you believe yourself to be seeing them correctly.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #124069 on: July 08, 2017, 02:57:35 am »

There was a major intersection I had to navigate in high school where the button would straight-up try to murder you. It'd give you the light, and then simultaneously start feeding in right-turners.

It would also usually strand you on the island, but that's not as weirdly malicious.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #124070 on: July 08, 2017, 03:10:48 am »

I often ignore the button just because streets i want to cross have a tendency to be completely empty when i actually get to the intersection.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #124071 on: July 08, 2017, 03:42:05 am »

Maybe I'm sick, but lately I find myself giggling when somebody's child is being a little turd and the parent is having an awful time and using ineffective tactics to cotnrol them. Unless I'm already in a bad mood, it's pretty funny to me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #124072 on: July 08, 2017, 04:16:23 am »

I'm a serial jaywalker. Self-confessed. I will actively avoid 'pushing the button' at every opportunity
You sick son of a witch, I hope the cyberpolice locks you away where you can't hurt people or be a danger to society anymore
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124073 on: July 08, 2017, 05:31:15 am »

I find Friday the 13th to be kind of an odd game when compared to Dead By Daylight.

One would think Friday the 13th has dead by daylight dead to rights and in some ways you can see it as an evolution of that gameplay. I like how the survival in Friday the 13th make more sense and uses actual places as opposed to weird nightmare land (yes I know Dead by Daylight has a reason). As well it can feel like the killer is a lot more fun and mobile. Not to mention some of the games in Dead By Daylight actively repel me (The fixing minigame)

Yet not only do all the Jasons feel the exact same... But I dunno Dead By Daylight SEEMS to stay interesting for longer.

I can't say it is because Dead by Daylight has more killers... People stick to very specific killers... Yet I can't put my finger on it.

Ohh well I think the Friday the 13th game is a GREAT first step towards this genre as a whole. While Dead by Daylight kind of shows how you can design killers. If only Friday the 13th could borrow killers.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124074 on: July 08, 2017, 06:04:38 am »

swimming/drowning has largely to do with income.

doesnt change the baseline that black -> less likely to swim.  education and awareness should help, but i mean you should know if you cant swim.

the Navy was upfront about ~70℅ of blacks needing swim lessons.    not about race about awareness. people who need extra supervision or guidance can get it?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #124075 on: July 08, 2017, 11:09:41 am »

How are you supposed to practice swimming if you don't have access to a pool?  Specially if you live in a city like most black people do (in America).

And of course accessing a swimming pool costs a good amount of money in most places.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #124076 on: July 08, 2017, 11:31:11 am »

I don't think anyone's saying that black people should learn to swim. Just that there's a correlation between being black and not knowing how to swim, and I think people have made the same argument as you for why.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124077 on: July 08, 2017, 11:34:12 am »

I don't think anyone's saying that black people should learn to swim. Just that there's a correlation between being black and not knowing how to swim, and I think people have made the same argument as you for why.

Another possible reason could be that it is easier for fat people to swim.

Which as we know Green people are the fattest by far, and they almost universally know how to swim.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #124078 on: July 08, 2017, 11:55:19 am »

How are you supposed to practice swimming if you don't have access to a pool?  Specially if you live in a city like most black people do (in America).

And of course accessing a swimming pool costs a good amount of money in most places.

As been mentioned, large parts of the world literally have swimming as part of our school curriculum.

Everybody should learn how to swim.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #124079 on: July 08, 2017, 12:07:14 pm »

I'm sure when he said "the navy" he was referring to the Belgium navy...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 8270 8271 [8272] 8273 8274 ... 11037