Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8272 8273 [8274] 8275 8276 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14539442 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124095 on: July 08, 2017, 07:28:35 pm »

What's the controversy?

Meh they are blanket banning for petty reasons, and legit reasons, and bad reasons.

Basically owning the game is a risk now... along with being a rather annoying development in general.

Who is blanket banning over petty reasons, legit reasons, and bad reasons? The mods on the Friday 13th game forum?

In game bans not forum bans :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124096 on: July 08, 2017, 07:45:03 pm »

What's the controversy?

Meh they are blanket banning for petty reasons, and legit reasons, and bad reasons.

Basically owning the game is a risk now... along with being a rather annoying development in general.

Who is blanket banning over petty reasons, legit reasons, and bad reasons? The mods on the Friday 13th game forum?

In game bans not forum bans :P

Oh it's a multiplayer game, I didn't catch that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124097 on: July 08, 2017, 10:28:35 pm »

SuperHOT is two hours long. I'm not sure if I feel jipped enough to request a refund (playtime: two hours) or if the periphery content is enough to grumble and keep quiet about. Or am I just feeling entitled to a game with a semi-abusive narrative and lame-ass epilogue advertisement spiel?

I'm kind of SuperBOTHERED about this.

Edit: Looks like I have just a little too much playtime to refund. Ugh, sour taste in my mouth.
The way I understand, superhot is a game you are supposed to run through a whole bunch of times for the gameplay, not the story.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124098 on: July 08, 2017, 10:30:05 pm »

Superhot has two stories.

The Fake and Real story.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124099 on: July 08, 2017, 10:30:56 pm »

Elaborate?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124100 on: July 08, 2017, 10:32:38 pm »

Elaborate?

If you play through the game normally you get the fake story.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124101 on: July 08, 2017, 10:33:52 pm »

I've done that. So what's the real story?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124102 on: July 08, 2017, 10:35:33 pm »

Only Steve Bannon knows.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124103 on: July 08, 2017, 10:38:27 pm »

lol wtf, 5 replies
SuperHOT is two hours long. I'm not sure if I feel jipped enough to request a refund (playtime: two hours) or if the periphery content is enough to grumble and keep quiet about. Or am I just feeling entitled to a game with a semi-abusive narrative and lame-ass epilogue advertisement spiel?

I'm kind of SuperBOTHERED about this.

Edit: Looks like I have just a little too much playtime to refund. Ugh, sour taste in my mouth.
The way I understand, superhot is a game you are supposed to run through a whole bunch of times for the gameplay, not the story.
I've got 25 hours, mostly by going through the challenge modes of the main levels.  Beat most of them, though only a third of impossible, and couldn't stand speedrun-rt.  Anyway, now I occasionally load it up for ~15-30 minutes of one of the unlimited modes.
It's kinda like Zeno Clash 1 for me that way, and I mean that in a satisfied way.  I also dug the rather sadistic mindfuckery crap, but I absolutely understand that most people might not.

Fallout WTF I came here to share:
I notice I'm somehow at my weight limit again despite just trading almost all my guns for a single plasma rifle.  Partially because plasma rifles are heavy as hell, but it still seems odd.
Spear's pretty light...  crowbar's not that bad, but I'll let Ian carry it in case I ever find one of those supposed "stuck" containers the wiki mentioned...
I'll read these books eventually...
The backpack??  But it's basically useless!  A simple container which, AFAICT, you can only toss things onto the ground from.  Sigh.
At least my bags are light- wait what, why's this one so much heavier?

And that's how I found a shotgun and ~250 caps I'd been dragging around for who knows how long.
(Fallout 1)
(I avoided the deathclaws on my second try by hugging the map boundary and running.  Of course, now I FINALLY have a weapon what skill I done tagged...  And hot plasma is A BIT better against armor than even full-auto buckshot, imagine that)

Edit: Oh also a lot of the weight was the ammo, I keep forgetting that's a thing.  Portable fusion generators are apparently tiny but *very heavy*, which does make sense.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124104 on: July 08, 2017, 10:41:11 pm »

If you have a plasma rifle, what the heck are you doing with a spear? lol Though I suppose it's still useful when your plasma rifles charges run out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124105 on: July 08, 2017, 10:49:20 pm »

Honestly?  Sentimental value (and ammo Scrooging).  I never beat Fallout 1, but I really loved 2 and replayed it a bit. (In Fallout 2 you're a tribal and basically start with an upgraded spear)

I only just got the plasma rifle, but I've had a combat shotgun for a couple hours...  I'm just not wasting shells on mantises I can kite.
...  Which often leads to Ian getting his dumb ass eaten, or spraying me with 9mm by accident, but meh he carries loot.  And he does flee... sometimes.

Melee got me through the beginning of this game, though, since the stupid guide I read insisted that Small Guns books would be plentiful, so allocating any skill there was a massive waste.  such total crap.
Spear is life, spear is love, spear has 2-tile range.  You can even throw spear, but do not.  It never helps.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124106 on: July 08, 2017, 11:13:47 pm »

Well I got sick off this black liquorish drink (I hate black liquorish)

Now whenever I smell or even taste it slightly I start to gag and puke.

MAN! is psychological repulsion very interesting. Since yeah it was bad enough to barf before but my gag reflex was nowhere near that strong.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124107 on: July 08, 2017, 11:25:10 pm »

I used to love the taste of clams until the day they started giving me hours of nausea to the point of stomach cramping.  It's frustrating- I still remember them tasting good, but whenever I see them I almost literally taste the vomit.
It's also just weird, since I can eat shrimp fine, just not clams or oysters.  And it was all of a sudden, about 8 years ago, and still applied earlier this year after a 4-year break (dad always believed it was psychosomatic, despite many blind experiments to the contrary).

Anyway, I like how I can run around the Library with Katya and occasionally people shout "Where is Katya??  She must be here somewhere!"
I am not confident about her survival, though.  Being proficient in throwing knives does not bode well.
She's an odd reverse of Ian, though.  She throws knives foremost, but mentions she could use SMGs.  Ian has a little skill with knives, and throws SMGs.  On the ground.  Constantly.
She/they

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #124108 on: July 08, 2017, 11:26:40 pm »

Honestly?  Sentimental value (and ammo Scrooging).  I never beat Fallout 1, but I really loved 2 and replayed it a bit. (In Fallout 2 you're a tribal and basically start with an upgraded spear)

I only just got the plasma rifle, but I've had a combat shotgun for a couple hours...  I'm just not wasting shells on mantises I can kite.
...  Which often leads to Ian getting his dumb ass eaten, or spraying me with 9mm by accident, but meh he carries loot.  And he does flee... sometimes.

Melee got me through the beginning of this game, though, since the stupid guide I read insisted that Small Guns books would be plentiful, so allocating any skill there was a massive waste.  such total crap.
Spear is life, spear is love, spear has 2-tile range.  You can even throw spear, but do not.  It never helps.

There's 8 Guns and Bullets magazines in the game, half of which are in late-game areas. Small Guns is an excellent bread-and-butter skill throughout the game due to the insane lethality of aimed shots. Whoever wrote that guide is an idiot. Is it the same one that advises taking the "shots take slightly less AP but you can't use aiming" perk because "aimed shots are worthless"?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124109 on: July 08, 2017, 11:54:30 pm »

I don't think so, he argues for Sniper first and Fast Shot as a worthy and very different alternative.

He's just an oddly extreme minmaxer.  I eventually found out that he treats money as no object, because he does a FF6-Lethe-River style exploit with gambling (40+).  And then, supposedly, there are traders who sell the Guns N Bullets books infinitely.

It really is crap, though, as I vaguely suspected.  I went along with it mainly because my old FO2 run was "small guns" (high perception sniping).  Without Sniper, because I didn't read a guide first, but still pretty OP after a point as I got non-crit eyeshots all over the place.

So I really wanted to do energy weapons this time...  And I knew it might take a while, hence the points in melee...  Wasn't expecting a freakin horde of deathclaws and a radiation moat though.

Edit:
It's this guy:  https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197289-fallout/faqs/69575
He gushes about how cool the alien blaster is.  Which, yeah...  it's like saying the Bridgekeeper's armor in FO2 is good.  They're quasi-canon random content, and very OP.  A reward for having high luck, but kinda immersion breaking TBH.
He also labelled his guide Character Creation, when it's definitely a generic guide.  It even has a "walkthrough" that reminds me of an it-he wrongplay.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:59:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 8272 8273 [8274] 8275 8276 ... 11037