Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8092 8093 [8094] 8095 8096 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430606 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121395 on: April 27, 2017, 05:42:37 am »

See disclaimer. ;)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121396 on: April 27, 2017, 08:42:39 am »

Fuckin snowing again. Not much, but fuck this.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121397 on: April 27, 2017, 09:43:32 am »

raining for 4 days straight here.
.its like London outside, constant misting and sprinkles
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121398 on: April 27, 2017, 10:20:02 am »

There's a game series that has 4 main games, and 3 remakes. What kind of developers remake their games that often?
._.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121399 on: April 27, 2017, 10:55:19 am »

Square enix?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121400 on: April 27, 2017, 11:36:39 am »

I've been to London and it's actually fairly dry.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121401 on: April 27, 2017, 12:12:41 pm »

Square enix?
I, uh, huh, you have a point here I guess. It seems like a common Japanese game developers trait - to remake their games really often.
._.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121402 on: April 27, 2017, 01:36:47 pm »

I've been to London and it's actually fairly dry.

Whispers?

So its just a stereotype then :/
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121403 on: April 27, 2017, 01:41:33 pm »

Judging by the last two days, we've had showers and surprise hailstorms.

By "surprise hailstorms", I mean it was a warm day of light showers and warm sunny spells. And then four minutes of intense hail right in a sunny patch.
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121404 on: April 27, 2017, 01:48:54 pm »

okay.

ive got a wtf.

so i live in an old town.  old city.  racial neighborhoods, old boy clubs, and poverty mixxing to create a racially concious area.

i see a black girl playing with white as paste Barbie.  my first thought is 'wow, her parents are okay with this statement?'  my second is 'fuck, thats a pretty over analytical thing to say, let me ask somebody'.

my third is 'am i stupid? i have enough trouble with race relations by just being an asshole to everyone equally.  its only after i yell at some white dude that im no longet seem as misogynistic or racist'.

my forth is that i dont really know if anyone is capable of the abstraction required to have this conversation to the depth that would bring me satisfaction.
.wtf

truth be told, i think i hate and stereotype those flirting with the poverty line more than any other demographic
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121406 on: April 27, 2017, 02:05:36 pm »

More hard-hitting journalism from the BBC - the laughing spanish guy is racist and memes r hard.

In other BBC news the Russians create a mind control device and use it to create a communist regime.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121407 on: April 27, 2017, 02:43:50 pm »

truth be told, i think i hate and stereotype those flirting with the poverty line more than any other demographic

'Course. The rich are the real ones to hate, but they have the time and money to make themselves appear agreeable-ish, or keep out of the spotlight when they aren't. You probably can't hate the really deprived, because you'd feel bad about yourself, and the urban poor in a first-world country are likely the most threatening human figures you'll meet. It makes a nasty kind of sense. I mean, you could hate the middle or more solvent working class, but from your comment you're probablyone of them. And they have spent a great deal of... I guess cultural(?) energy making themselves seem not-terrible. We don't have a great deal of vocabulary for hating the middle classes, except in terms of wealth, aesthetics and hypocrisy.

Re: The Barbie thing: yeah, that does seem really weird. More noticeable when a woman with, say, a wide pelvic bone and a healthy layer of fat gives their child a barbie. It's interesting how popular culture in America often suggests that for the most part, people in general are white. James Baldwin said that he grew up identifying with the cowboys in Westerns, then at one point realised he was one of the Indians, for example. So it would be very interesting how/if the child's parents thought about the barbie, I'd agree with you.
One wheel short of a wagon

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121409 on: April 27, 2017, 05:07:54 pm »

'Course. The rich are the real ones to hate, but they have the time and money to make themselves appear agreeable-ish, or keep out of the spotlight when they aren't. You probably can't hate the really deprived, because you'd feel bad about yourself, and the urban poor in a first-world country are likely the most threatening human figures you'll meet. It makes a nasty kind of sense. I mean, you could hate the middle or more solvent working class, but from your comment you're probablyone of them. And they have spent a great deal of... I guess cultural(?) energy making themselves seem not-terrible. We don't have a great deal of vocabulary for hating the middle classes, except in terms of wealth, aesthetics and hypocrisy.

Re: The Barbie thing: yeah, that does seem really weird. More noticeable when a woman with, say, a wide pelvic bone and a healthy layer of fat gives their child a barbie. It's interesting how popular culture in America often suggests that for the most part, people in general are white. James Baldwin said that he grew up identifying with the cowboys in Westerns, then at one point realised he was one of the Indians, for example. So it would be very interesting how/if the child's parents thought about the barbie, I'd agree with you.

Well, while I can see the education behind your suppositions, I cant help but detect a small amount of disdain and even a few stereotypes of your own.  You, imagining me to be a fairly well-to-do white male in society, have a tidy scenario whipped up.

The truth is I have no car, I make most of my money under the rug, and find the lower middle class most hatable because they lack the scope to see and utilize potential for growth that exists.

The really poor are individually disgusting in their own ways, but that is superficial and many have more to interest me than the working poor.  These 'dregs' as they can be called have lived lives that many would not be able to imagine themselves doing, and they make hard choices that have to ultimately be respected.  They can live with an austerity I can respect, and some manage to find pride or even dignity in their existence.
  No, I dont find the extremely poor or third-world individuals detestable as the man and woman who have opportunity they ignore, to settle into their life of hard work and drudgery while complaining of this very drudgery, to live in a world of adverts, to escape their woes with toxins and and what-ifs.  To want more but lack the ambition to look for it.  To not know how to look but lack the scope to even begin to look for the tools to look.

And, as hard-edged as the words sound, I find these people wasting their lives abhorrent.  I find them being willing to watch athletes and sports and then buy domino pizza and drink sugar water because an athlete drinks one bottle on tv the product of the culture.  the culture of the working class.

Those on the rung above, which I have traditionally belonged to, have at least some awareness of this world around them.

Why I dont hate the super-rich?  I suppose you are right; how many people can even name their local millionaire, let alone finger him in a crowd?  they exist in a world that is socially separate from the rest of us, and continually shares less with us.  Its hard to hate who you dont know; but to stew next to your neighbor and its easy to find that familiarity breeds contempt.  Its the old story of the catholics and the protestants beating the crap out of each other, as it were.  We can hate what we know.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8092 8093 [8094] 8095 8096 ... 11039