Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7981 7982 [7983] 7984 7985 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519022 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119730 on: March 23, 2017, 08:23:10 pm »

Heros and Generals (HaG, which is an insult to hags everywhere) has a new DLC...

It's for medkits.

Yeah, those funny little things that magically restore your health in video games.

The thing that helps players survive - you gotta crack open your wallet for that.

Three dollars for medkits. I feel bad for complaining about my pet peeves now that I know folks like those exist.

Ah, the "American Healthcare" DLC...
First of all, it's Heroes and Generals. H&G.
Second of all, this isin't an actual DLC, the game is a fucking F2P and if you buy it you only get an item it's completly possible (and quite easy) to get without paying at all.
I mean hell, I don't really like the way it went since a good while, but don't spread misinformation. It's a decent game, just grindy as most F2Ps are, and their devs are damn decent people too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119731 on: March 23, 2017, 08:59:00 pm »

I mean, if it's been done, lemme know. I mean, the idea sounds shit and could result in Mary Sue-ish 'i wish i was normal instead of badass' but whatever :P
Utterly and completely forgot names, but I've definitely ran into a handful of things like that over the years. Want to say someone was running a quest over on sufficient velocity or space battles themed like that at some point in the last year or two. Vaguely remember an old (like, from '02 or somethin', checking) bit of sailor moon fanfiction that indulged a bit... Nuke 'Em Till They Glow was the title, now that I hunt it down. Totally could be misremembering exactly what was happening there, because it's been more than a decade since I last read it, but eh. Actually think it's been getting relatively more common lately, generally as part of some sort of SI hook -- bodyswapped into a character they know is in for some trouble, usually proceeds to act like you might expect from someone with more foreknowledge than competency. Genre savvy character that's taking the piss out of things isn't particularly unknown, either. Uncommon, but not unknown.

... actually, now that I'm thinking on it, I recall a light/web novel with the unlikely title of "An Otome Game's Burikko Villainess Turned into a Magic Otaku" that would probably fit the general concept. Main character gets reincarnated into a rival in a female targeted romance game/dating sim, pretty promptly basically freaks the fuck out and proceeds to spend life doing everything in power to derail the game's plot hooks so she doesn't get exiled/murdered/etc. Surprisingly good read, iirc, unless I'm conflating it with another work with the same story hook. One of those mildly amusing/enjoyable tales where a character is fairly clueless about exactly how their efforts are backfiring.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119732 on: March 24, 2017, 12:37:51 am »

I know I'm like a year late but I finally played the second half of Undertale.  And beat it.  Fuckin hell, WTF.
And that was *pacifist* (well...).  I'm actually a bit worried to find out what happens otherwise.  Even having been partially spoiled, I don't know how that *ends*.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #119733 on: March 24, 2017, 01:30:42 am »

Main character syndrome
*cough*
Spoiler: huge (click to show/hide)
Thinking about dyeing it, pah, we all know that if she tried then the dye would only adhere in weird patterns to her hair, setting her up for the card games route. :P

Also it seems like the original author of that comic was going to make it into like a 100 page graphic novel, but sadly the plans for it got put on indefinite hiatus. :'(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119734 on: March 24, 2017, 01:37:20 am »

Relevant only incidentally and weirdly to the topic at hand, I could swear I keep smelling blood on myself. I have no idea why, but it's a little spooky.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119735 on: March 24, 2017, 02:54:06 am »

Relevant only incidentally and weirdly to the topic at hand, I could swear I keep smelling blood on myself. I have no idea why, but it's a little spooky.

Yeah that is some horror movie crud happening right there.

Worst case scenario is you died and are a ghost but you just don't realize it yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119736 on: March 24, 2017, 03:01:44 am »

Though just for the record, if that's actually true, please take a moment to leave instructors as to how you're posting on the net. I'm sure that would be some kind of major scientific advance if we had replicable means of communicating with the undead.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119737 on: March 24, 2017, 04:18:58 am »

Yeah that is some horror movie crud happening right there.

Worst case scenario is you died and are a ghost but you just don't realize it yet.
Sounds like a bad trip.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119738 on: March 24, 2017, 06:50:29 am »

Though just for the record, if that's actually true, please take a moment to leave instructors as to how you're posting on the net. I'm sure that would be some kind of major scientific advance if we had replicable means of communicating with the undead.

Ghosts aren't undead :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119739 on: March 24, 2017, 07:00:41 am »

Yes they are.
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119740 on: March 24, 2017, 07:16:23 am »

Don't tell that to them tho, they take offense. They prefer the term "corporeally challenged".
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #119741 on: March 24, 2017, 07:32:30 am »

I live in China and just heard a rooster (by the way it's 8:30 PM). The WTF part comes in when you find out that I live in the center of the city and somebody keeps it in our neighborhood. Also somebody who lives on the same neighborhood posted on WeChat (which is a Chinese communicator similar to Facebook) at 4 AM (another WTF) the rooster crying out.
Welcome to China biatches
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119742 on: March 24, 2017, 07:40:13 am »

Ghosts aren't undead :o
Yes they are.

Ghost reporting
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119743 on: March 24, 2017, 08:16:43 am »

So Jontron did a thing.

Aaaand he blew up any chance of the internet glossing it over by having it done on a live stream.

I mean, it's old news by now, buuut I decided to give it a few days for it to really ferment. So my real WTF is: What the hell Jontron. You're doing more harm than good to your name by going open with this stuff :v

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119744 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:19 am »

So Jontron did a thing.

Aaaand he blew up any chance of the internet glossing it over by having it done on a live stream.

I mean, it's old news by now, buuut I decided to give it a few days for it to really ferment. So my real WTF is: What the hell Jontron. You're doing more harm than good to your name by going open with this stuff :v

Someone explain, I can't access youtube right now
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 7981 7982 [7983] 7984 7985 ... 11037