Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7962 7963 [7964] 7965 7966 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14515020 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119445 on: March 17, 2017, 06:54:21 pm »

My parents are complaining about the alcohol content of mouthwash. Specifically, they're somehow thinking that the alcohol used in mouthwash is the same kind of alcohol in liquor.

I swear, they get dumber every day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Grapefruit Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119446 on: March 17, 2017, 07:08:45 pm »

Probably all that alcohol.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119447 on: March 17, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »

Remind your parents that they're not supposed to actually drink the mouthwash.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119448 on: March 17, 2017, 07:29:27 pm »

Specifically, they're somehow thinking that the alcohol used in mouthwash is the same kind of alcohol in liquor.

But more often than not it IS the same kind of alcohol as in liquor
Eg:
The active ingredients listed on Listerine bottles are essential oils which are menthol (mint) 0.042%, thymol (thyme) 0.064%, methyl salicylate (wintergreen) 0.06%, and eucalyptol (eucalyptus) 0.092%.[14] In combination all have an antiseptic effect and there is some thought that methyl salicylate may have an anti inflammatory effect as well.[15] Ethanol, which is toxic to bacteria at concentrations of 40%, is present in concentrations of 21.6% in the flavored product and 26.9% in the original gold Listerine Antiseptic

Worth noting there's such a thing as nonalcoholic mouthwash though
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119449 on: March 17, 2017, 08:40:13 pm »

That's why I never got Americans and mouthwash. I mean, if I want my teeth to be clean, I'll brush them. If I want to gargle something smelly and antiseptic, I'll gargle some rum for the same effect, but I can actually drink it too.
What is the selling point of mouthwash?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119450 on: March 17, 2017, 08:42:52 pm »

Not smelling like rum, obviously.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119451 on: March 17, 2017, 08:45:07 pm »

That's why I never got Americans and mouthwash. I mean, if I want my teeth to be clean, I'll brush them. If I want to gargle something smelly and antiseptic, I'll gargle some rum for the same effect, but I can actually drink it too.
What is the selling point of mouthwash?

it doesn't sell poison to you as something to be consumed

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #119452 on: March 17, 2017, 09:09:31 pm »

Not smelling like rum, obviously.
True dis.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #119453 on: March 17, 2017, 09:43:48 pm »

I'm incredibly confused how alpaca spit is somehow related to marketing. Also why the war crimes continue.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119454 on: March 18, 2017, 12:11:52 am »

... I mean it when I say GG.

And
In a 5v5 if two guys leave and the 3 man side get stomped, that is not a good game.
I say GG soz for afk.
Because I'm sorry about the circumstances of their match and I say GG because I feel like they soldiered through it in a way which is worthy of acknowledgement.

Boxers shake hands before beating the pulp out of eachother - gamers say GLHF before raging at eachother - and that's mostly social enforcement. I don't feel good about seeing it, and I'm annoyed when someone doesn't do it.

But as for the rest... I dunno. Seeing 'ggwp' makes me feel nice. It's an acknowledgement of my efforts, and humans crave that shit.
So I see it as a certain mandatory charity to give to others. It doesn't cost me anything, and it makes the world a little brighter. Like a smile, or a fast n' hard dicking in the public bathrooms.

FEdit: Also 'gg ez' does make me super salty.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:14:59 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119455 on: March 18, 2017, 12:31:16 am »

If I'm playing something that would let me say GG (like WoWS), I'd say it at the end.

Unless theres some loud arse shouting about how bad a game it was because he died early on to his own bad moves, since no one will actually see it in between his wall of whine.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #119456 on: March 18, 2017, 01:09:09 am »

I mean, sure, maybe the opponent felt like it was a steamroll, but if I feel like I was allowed to do well (i.e. our team didn't roll them so bad that I barely get to do anything before we won, or we didn't get rolled, or we almost won but the enemy team came through) then I say it was a GG, because in my perspective, it fucking is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119457 on: March 18, 2017, 06:01:50 am »

Has autism become the new normal or something?

Saying gg after a game is just etiquette.  Etiquette is how people deal with other people they hate or are angry at, or just lost to, or just won to, but without being a jerk about it.

Seriously calm down. 

Yes, etiquette is fake.  You're saying nice things to someone you don't like.  That's the whole point.  That's how we have civilization instead of the entire world being some Hatfields vs. McCoys thing forever and ever.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119458 on: March 18, 2017, 06:19:47 am »

Y'know when I read Neo's self-definition of please, that's when it hit me that he may be struggling to template things to that kind of reasoning to make sense of what he's experienced--I'm confused in seeing people throw generalisms out to just make sense of things when these can be better understood by seeking to understand and listen around >_<
The English language is great to use :-\ It's a lot broader than the narrowness those past statements give. And it's a ton better having context to express than debating things abstractly...which raises its own concern of abstraction that instead of connection and using the ideas others say and learn, it keeps it at the distance of a concept.

Etiquette isn't 'faked', just because you may not feel the feeling that 'gives meaning to it' (when in fact it's the thought--feelings and thoughts happen very quickly that the meaning is often mistaken to the feeling than to both). It's like the recency effect--ENDGAME MEANS ALL! Which is NOT true for pretty much all games wherein everything is important. (It'd also be great to put specifics on the discussion too >_> what's all this hubbub on FAKENESS and WHERE and WHEN and WHY. It feels so misplaced when reading those things said as conclusions to be applied when others say it. <_<)

Also what sense does any of this have to do with autism?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:24:49 am by Tiruin »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119459 on: March 18, 2017, 06:21:53 am »

Has autism become the new normal or something?

I dunno... I literally looked this up after you made this post:

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Autism+and+not+letting+things+go&*&spf=64

Though autism is more about not seeing social cues. Not so much noticing social cues and questioning them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:28:26 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 7962 7963 [7964] 7965 7966 ... 11037