Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7879 7880 [7881] 7882 7883 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489199 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118200 on: February 14, 2017, 10:18:41 pm »

It always baffles me that some people want to treat pregnant women worse than corpses. Can't use a corpse to support another human being (i.e. take an organ) without permission, even if it'll lead to that persons death!

Pregnant women though, fuck 'em.
Spoiler: off topic I guess (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #118201 on: February 14, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »

I don't understand why we need permission to harvest parts from corpses. Like you aren't using them anymore. It's kind of appalling.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118202 on: February 14, 2017, 11:46:11 pm »

Something about next of kin wishes and dignity or somethin' like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118203 on: February 15, 2017, 12:06:02 am »

For the same reason that you can't break down your elderly neighbor's door when they die and help yourself to their stuff.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118204 on: February 15, 2017, 12:07:22 am »

For the same reason that you can't break down your elderly neighbor's door when they die and help yourself to their stuff.
Ah, so it's so that the family of the deceased have a chance to profit by selling the organs, got it. :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118205 on: February 15, 2017, 01:31:10 am »

Got a surprise vaporizer and heating pad. I have so many things plugged into the socket near my desk that my bedroom is starting to feel like Darth Vader's life support machine. It kinda is a life-support machine though with the addition of the vaporiser, congestion sucks.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #118206 on: February 15, 2017, 02:06:24 am »

Had a job interview today. Took all of five minutes and ended with an promise theyll call me back if they want a second interview. This is new to me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118207 on: February 15, 2017, 03:37:59 am »

Ah, so it's so that the family of the deceased have a chance to profit by selling the organs, got it. :P

The deceased and their relatives may have strong objections to the use of organs at all, viewing it as actually costing the donor some kind of ritual purity, or the resurrection of the body, or something else.  However, I am pretty sure the vast majority of religious beliefs about organ donation support it as an act of charity and generosity.

Simply because a belief isn't rational, though, doesn't mean we can override the will of the persons concerned.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118208 on: February 15, 2017, 01:20:07 pm »

Was the forum out of reach for anyone else for a really long time before now?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118209 on: February 15, 2017, 01:23:05 pm »

Si señor.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #118210 on: February 15, 2017, 01:24:49 pm »

Same. Twas odd.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118211 on: February 15, 2017, 01:29:34 pm »

This day always makes me appreciate the irony of a country with a protestant majority celebrating it, while a country with a catholic majority does not.

Fun fact: St Lucia/Lucy day is a huge day in Sweden, arguably the most popular ecclessial date besides christmas and easter.
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118212 on: February 15, 2017, 01:56:08 pm »

Was the forum out of reach for anyone else for a really long time before now?
Couple of hours, yes. Lasted maybe 6-8 hours?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #118213 on: February 15, 2017, 02:14:44 pm »

While working this morning I came to the realization that pretty much all my close friends have had some form of learning or developmental disability. The exceptions being these girls that hung out with us; in all three places I lived long enough to make friends there was one girl in the group who was attractive, got straight As and Bs and didn't seem to have any social or emotional issues. Yet they were attached to one guy in the group who had a developmental disorder where they were acting a few years younger than they were, and were being tormented by other kids because of it (well, we all were really, there was no such thing as peace for us.)

I probably have my own diagnosable disability and my parents have suggested aspergers syndrome several times but I've never had a doctor explicitly state they think I have a problem. Its still so weird though that all my real friends in all three periods of my childhood fell into the same sort of social structure.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118214 on: February 15, 2017, 02:38:30 pm »

My friend got himself tested for autism recently and is apparently a "level 1." I have no idea how reliable or professional the test was but I really don't see it. He relies on his mom for things way too much in my opinion, but as far as actual symptoms of autism I don't really notice anything. In fact I think he has less social problems, trouble making friends, trouble expressing himself etc. than I do.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7879 7880 [7881] 7882 7883 ... 11037