Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7881 7882 [7883] 7884 7885 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489278 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118230 on: February 16, 2017, 05:48:24 am »

Just spontaneously made mashed potato.
I hope everyone gets back in time to eat it before it gets cold.   
Potato scones with the leftovers!
Add flour, flatten the bastards, fry 'em (technically griddle, but whatever)
Then tell me how they are since I've never done that before.
Pie Mash!
Mashed potato and pie.
Add sauce or gravy to taste.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118231 on: February 16, 2017, 06:41:53 am »

I think I might be gay for my best friend. I've been getting the same feelings around him that I get when a girl I've been crushing on pays an undue amount of attention to me. I've noticed myself slowly getting touchier, pats/rubs on the back, as well as anxious when he's not around.

I'm not sexually attracted to him, I wouldn't kiss him at all but these feelings are super fucking weird and I'm really confused and kinda upset. Now's not the best time, emotionally or practically, to realize I'm bi.

Maybe its just a bromance.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118232 on: February 16, 2017, 07:34:14 am »

Man I have just such an unhealthy way I approach things

If I like something I obsessively do it or play it or eat it... Until I get absolutely sick of it.

I do it every single time... I just can't space things out, I need it ALL!!!

Yet because of that I have a strong tendency to burn out. Heck I've burned out on being in Bay12 a few times too.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #118233 on: February 16, 2017, 08:01:16 am »

Man I have just such an unhealthy way I approach things

If I like something I obsessively do it or play it or eat it... Until I get absolutely sick of it.

I do it every single time... I just can't space things out, I need it ALL!!!

Yet because of that I have a strong tendency to burn out. Heck I've burned out on being in Bay12 a few times too.

I can honestly say I've never burnt out of the forums but yeah I tend to do the exact same thing with everything else. Heck I've burnt out on tacos before and I love tacos.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118234 on: February 16, 2017, 08:16:01 am »

I was thinking something along the lines of being broke, but that doesn't make sense. I'm really not sure now that you ask.

I guess another distraction on top of classes and stuff is stressful.
Aaaah, but that's just a general romance thing, not a gay romance thing, isn't it? Regarding economics: If you live outside the third world*, you can probably get a free HIV test - and if stuff works out, you'll be able to save a lot on birth control :D

*This includes vast portions of the Southern US, I guess.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118235 on: February 16, 2017, 12:52:05 pm »

Oooook...

I am starting to think Amnesia: Dark Descent is surprisingly stupid.

A lot of the game's elements are "This is scary, but it has no reason to be here" which is weird.

I guess some games REALLY don't age well once their claim to fame goes mainstream... But I am kiiiind of surprised I didn't hear any of these other details beyond people who just watch it and go "Not scary" (PLAY THE GAME FIRST!)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118236 on: February 16, 2017, 01:48:43 pm »

Oooook...

I am starting to think Amnesia: Dark Descent is surprisingly stupid.

A lot of the game's elements are "This is scary, but it has no reason to be here" which is weird.
Such as?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118237 on: February 16, 2017, 01:49:19 pm »

I didn't notice any huge hanging plot holes when I played it.
But then again I was tense af the whole time
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118238 on: February 16, 2017, 01:51:37 pm »

Well in resident evil you hear zombies moaning because there are zombies.

In Amnesia you hear constant creaking because... you are extremely drunk...

I don't mean the game has excessive plotholes. So much that, it dials the "Scary" up, but it sometimes come off as dialing the scary up.

And I am someone who thinks Resident evil 1 AND 2 are misunderstood as far as horror is concerned.

---

Also I find it funny how much of a wimp the main character is. I am sure I'll later find out that I dunno... Darkness is a living entity or he turns into a werewolf in the dark :P

But goodness... can't even take mild darkness before freeking out. "I am not in the shadow of a window AHHH!"

Edit: I am AMAZING!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:06:55 pm by Neonivek »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118239 on: February 16, 2017, 02:11:24 pm »

You hear constant creaking because it's a old, poorly maintained castle that is actively falling down. With numerous creatures walking about.
Have you ever been in an old wooden house like that? They do creak.

It's not because the main character is plastered.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118240 on: February 16, 2017, 02:12:28 pm »

I mean there is all the laudanum.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118241 on: February 16, 2017, 02:15:08 pm »

You hear constant creaking because it's a old, poorly maintained castle that is actively falling down. With numerous creatures walking about.

Dang Wooden stone castle! with wood support beams that sound like an entire wooden house is creaking! :P

It is more that the sounds often come as... a bit overblown... Sometimes the castle sounds like it is a cave that is collapsing in the distance.

Sure wooden support beams can creak... But it is sometimes a bit ever present. (if half the noises the game makes were real...)

"It's not because the main character is plastered"

Ehhhh... Some of it kind of is... Atleast the game has plenty of events that only make sense if you assume something else is going on as opposed to this just being a really old or badly kept castle. Like the dust devils.

---

Goodness I should state I am not trying to poop on Amnesia... Though I am CERTAINLY not talking like that isn't what I am trying to do... so sorry about that.

I am just a bit interested in how sober second thoughts shows the game's seams. Which its major seam atmosphere wise, is that it REALLY pushes it. It kind of makes me realize why some people don't find watching it scary to a degree... Because it is kind of unreal. Almost like you are in a dream and these are only things your character THINKS is appropriate for the situation.

(actually the reason why is because the game relies heavily on putting you in the character's shoes. The majority of the tension comes not from the enemy design, outright horror, and visuals/sound design... but mostly with how it interacts with gameplay. SURE you can handle the dark, but it kills you. Sure the enemies aren't that scary, but even looking at them kills you. Sure the castle is excessive, but you are at its mercy as far as how you will approach any situation and DESPERATE to get any leg up. This isn't a flaw, it is just how the game's horror works, it would be antagonistic to its design if it was quiet with loud popscares every little bit)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:28:58 pm by Neonivek »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #118242 on: February 16, 2017, 02:28:25 pm »

Ehhhh... Some of it kind of is... Atleast the game has plenty of events that only make sense if you assume something else is going on as opposed to this just being a really old or badly kept castle. Like the dust devils.

There's an invisible water demon that can bash through doors and chow down on disembodied torsos like they were snausages.

I believe 'something else going on' is a fairly safe assumption.

EDIT: I also don't recall madness killing you. I remember it making everything janky as fuck, but I don't recall it being fatal.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118243 on: February 16, 2017, 02:36:18 pm »

Ooooohh so I wasn't drunk, I was dark phobic?

That was... weird... I always assumed that with my heart rate going up I was eventually going to have a heart attack... Especially with the whole "Darkness is alive and will kill you!" message.

Kind of funny that I thought going phobic was my drunkenness kicking in... because it SURE does seem that way... What with it sometimes going right down to the ground like I am starting to heave.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:38:05 pm by Neonivek »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118244 on: February 16, 2017, 02:37:34 pm »

People are starting to say "half-century" instead of "fifty years." I have no idea why, it's really annoying and no more convenient.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7881 7882 [7883] 7884 7885 ... 11037