Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7850 7851 [7852] 7853 7854 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474217 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117765 on: February 06, 2017, 04:22:56 am »

They always just encourage me to cheat on my wife in broken English. I don't even have a wife.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117766 on: February 06, 2017, 05:18:38 am »

I don't even have a wife.

... any more.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117767 on: February 06, 2017, 05:19:06 am »

You know what often annoys me in fiction?

Well the Audience knows the secret so I don't have to hide it anymore

There is this weird trend where someone will have a secret and the moment the audience finds out, typically through the main character doing so, then all of a sudden they will drop all secrecy... Even if the secrecy is still relevant.

Like one where this boss has a child, who can transform into an adult, as a protector... but the second she was found out the child never appears as an adult again... Even though the whole point of the secret wasn't for our hero it was because people would think she was a pedo or something...

I am trying to think of a more mainstream example of this to help people.

I don't even have a wife.

... any more.

STAY IN MY LIIIIIFE
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:34:54 am by Neonivek »

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117768 on: February 06, 2017, 07:13:15 am »

They always just encourage me to cheat on my wife in broken English. I don't even have a wife.

I saw an advert once that tried to shift a Muslim bride to me, for reasons unknown. It seems an awfully tacky and unprecise way to arrange a good marriage for a start, and I am not quite the intended recipient for the service. At all. I do not think that whatever bride they had in mind would like to be saddled with a Norse infidel and madman. Last, but not least, it would be very depressing to effectively buy your wife by mail order, surely?

My local paper website is, at present, offering a gym membership, a "trail challenge" fitness... Thing, and also a new boat from the boat dealership. The other local paper is offering a position as a paper boy, but I believe I might be too old to apply.

Man, I wish people would offer me shirts. Usually it's male enhancement or urgent action regarding an account I didn't know I had.

I do not wear printed shirts, or T-shirts in general, other than perhaps as an undergarment, but it just seems rude to decline, if you are given one. If I took every opportunity where people will lavish you with shirts, I would not be able to move for shirts. (Of course, I could always mail that surplus to you)
I do not think I have ever gotten a male enchancement offer in my life, which is rather reassuring. I do not know what metric they use when they dole out these adverts, but it is pleasant to know that they do not, even theoretically, concern themselves about my downstairs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117769 on: February 06, 2017, 07:17:08 am »

I think a part of my dream included a bit about Trump and a wall/electric fence or something. God fucking damn he's become so ever present that he's seeping into my dreams now. For fucks sake 'murica, get your god damn shit together so the rest of the world doesn't have to put up with it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117770 on: February 06, 2017, 07:31:54 am »

Does android Trump dream of electric fences?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117771 on: February 06, 2017, 07:46:34 am »

So how 'bout them Souper Bowl commercials?
Buschhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117772 on: February 06, 2017, 08:32:16 am »

(they skewered my vein last time I tried to give blood)

So, is that a reason to learn things like first aid?
From my previous MedTech experience, this can happen even with people who are skilled :P (Veins roll and it's like viewing from satellite to earth, sometimes it may appear in one place at first but isn't as the skin and anything in between is like cloud cover), although obviously a ton rarer by trained professionals. [Note for future MT students--3rd year = venipuncture year! :D]

And there can be a ton more reasons to learn things like first aid than being able to draw blood well. You'll be causing a lot less pain to the recipient as well as being able to socialize with them through and alongside taking care of them. :)

I had a 20+ years experience nurse screw up and have to repoke me when I first gave blood, twice. It happens. Best thing to do? Sit very still, remain calm and relaxed, and ignore the pain, because it's NOWHERE NEAR as bad as you think it is. Needles are genuinely not that bad.

I think a part of my dream included a bit about Trump and a wall/electric fence or something. God fucking damn he's become so ever present that he's seeping into my dreams now. For fucks sake 'murica, get your god damn shit together so the rest of the world doesn't have to put up with it.

WE'RE TRYING MATE. I JUST CAN'T GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO SHOOT THE PRICK, AND I FAILED BOMB-MAKING SCHOOL TWICE NOW BECAUSE OF MATH.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117773 on: February 06, 2017, 09:11:30 am »

When I went in for surgery the other day, the anaesthetist had to take two goes because the first vein wouldn't draw from the drip for whatever reason. It happens.

Apparently there is no brand capable of competently doing a powdered soup. I know it's a tall order when you think about it, but I'd hoped to get something that doesn't thicken until it feels like you're slurping down mucus.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117774 on: February 06, 2017, 09:21:29 am »

Apparently there is no brand capable of competently doing a powdered soup. I know it's a tall order when you think about it, but I'd hoped to get something that doesn't thicken until it feels like you're slurping down mucus.

There are a few... but the ones I am thinking of aren't thick soups.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117775 on: February 06, 2017, 09:41:32 am »

Sore muscle, so I put maxheat goo on it

Suddenly, chemical burns

My game giveaway

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117776 on: February 06, 2017, 09:52:18 am »

Oh, I almost forgot. Two days ago the freezers at work failed. All the frozen foods thawed and were removed from the freezers. The next day (That's 24 hours thawed so far), the boss and his lickspittle decided to put the thawed food outside in the sun while they juggled stuff out of other freezers. Then they decided to put the fucking food back in the fucking freezers and sell it to the fucking public.

I called the FDA, because holy fucking shit. That's CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE. People could DIE.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117777 on: February 06, 2017, 10:02:45 am »

Oh, I almost forgot. Two days ago the freezers at work failed. All the frozen foods thawed and were removed from the freezers. The next day (That's 24 hours thawed so far), the boss and his lickspittle decided to put the thawed food outside in the sun while they juggled stuff out of other freezers. Then they decided to put the fucking food back in the fucking freezers and sell it to the fucking public.

I called the FDA, because holy fucking shit. That's CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE. People could DIE.

God, that's bad. Where do you work? And lickspittle? Where did you find that?

My game giveaway

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #117778 on: February 06, 2017, 10:52:17 am »

The trick is not to use them as instructed on the package, but as you would use broth cubes. Onion soup powder, for example, is pretty good when mixed into meatballs.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117779 on: February 06, 2017, 10:58:04 am »

God, that's bad. Where do you work? And lickspittle? Where did you find that?

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. A character constantly is saying, "I'M NOT YOUR BOOT-LICK" and it reminded me of the old word lickspittle. Somewhat analogous to ass-kisser, brown-noser, or other modern variations of the phrase.

And yeah, I work at a grocery store that I shall not name for the time being.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7850 7851 [7852] 7853 7854 ... 11037