Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7801 7802 [7803] 7804 7805 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455630 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117030 on: January 22, 2017, 03:14:20 am »

legendary super saiyan is canon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117031 on: January 22, 2017, 03:19:41 am »

Sort of... It is overly complicated...

As it can refer to two people specifically.

Honestly I know this sounds silly... But Beerus is slowly becoming the worst thing about Dragon Ball Super... He is this weird spotlite stealing imp who inserts himself into everything... and yet also doesn't do anything.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:24:28 am by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117032 on: January 22, 2017, 03:45:38 am »

Sort of... It is overly complicated...

As it can refer to two people specifically.

No, I'm talking about the one in the trailer for the next arc, probably from another universe

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117033 on: January 22, 2017, 03:55:05 am »

Another wtf: I just learned there is a "sovereign citizen" movement in Europe.

The stupid.... it hurts
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117034 on: January 22, 2017, 05:27:01 am »

Huh, I was looking something else up and came across an article about brain dead people and whether they should switch off life support. That's not the WTF
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161103-the-macabre-fate-of-beating-heart-corpses

Premature burials

Identifying the dead has never been easy. In 19th Century France there were 30 theories about how to tell if someone had passed away – including attaching pincers to their nipples and putting leeches in their bottom.

If the nipple clamps and anal leeches don't get you up out of bed then I guess we might as well bury you now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117035 on: January 22, 2017, 06:16:47 am »

Trying to discover the most overused word. (Possibly in Music... since I don't read enough books to get common phrases from them)

My supposition was that it was "Baby"

But someone said it might be "Yeah" and I was like "Hmm maybe"

And a third choice is: "Tonight"

The quest continues.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117036 on: January 22, 2017, 06:19:56 am »

"ah".

That is the most over-used word in music. Followed by "do"

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117037 on: January 22, 2017, 06:31:26 am »

I think it might be 'Allah'
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #117038 on: January 22, 2017, 07:42:35 am »

"ah".
A joke about the Finnish rapper Cheek goes that he only needs one letter to write the lyrics to most of his songs.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117039 on: January 22, 2017, 07:54:02 am »

I am starting to realize why people are starting to use the term "Neoliberalism" or Arch-Liberalism I forget exactly.

Because there is a lot of crazy coming in from the left and because of our obsession with "progressivism" they come through more unfiltered. Well at least that is my guess as to why they are a lot more noticeable... We don't drown them out as quickly and are more prone to give them a listen or even accept them wholesale without thinking.
-Note: Progressivism is not a bad thing. I am saying that we have a tendency to give a BIT of leeway to things that say they are progressive... Even when they aren't...

Though it is weird that both Liberalism and Conservatism say that Videogames are bad... though Liberalism seems to have more of a beef with the actual videogamers.

I mean... We started off being anti-social psychopaths... and right now we are *redacted*

But I am taking it far too seriously... I mean outside the majority of adult television, SPECIFIC social media, and social commentators who have millions of fans... No one takes them too seriously. We are past the days of Dungeons and Dragons being considered satanic.

But GOODNESS is it rough to listen.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:05:13 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117040 on: January 22, 2017, 08:03:31 am »

Your getting liberalism mixed up with neoliberalism. They're completely different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism

Neoliberalism (neo-liberalism)[1] refers primarily to the 20th century resurgence of 19th century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism.7 These include extensive economic liberalization policies such as privatization, fiscal austerity, deregulation, free trade, and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society.

Basically a neoliberal is closer to a libertarian than a Democrat.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:11:08 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117041 on: January 22, 2017, 08:17:31 am »

I need to find someone who can argue against pseudoprogressivism who isn't a freeken jerk...

"Ohh, we should ban all images of homosexuals because it would confuse children"

"OHHH I am sorry psycho crazy guy, who may I add looks like a ninny, that your children seem to be so stupid that they can't handle the idea of two guys loving eachother"

Goodness I am looking for hope and solid arguments... and yeah a sense of humor is nice... But I don't want a Roast.

---

If I HAD to guess... is... Jerks just like to do it more...

And there are SOOOO many people who do retorts on things "regressive"... that the good ones rise to the top.

I mean heck there is a professionally done retort to the whole "Vaccines cause autism" that actually shows the sources of it, where it came from, and the scientists involved.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:32:50 am by Neonivek »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117042 on: January 22, 2017, 09:19:55 am »

The stupid.... it hurts

I'm super interested in how this looks and how it would be different from American.

If, for example, I was to argue my sovereign citizenship I would rely less on legal loopholes and more on trying to leverage my indigenity and my rights to 'traditional rights' of my people.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117043 on: January 22, 2017, 09:28:31 am »

The stupid.... it hurts

I'm super interested in how this looks and how it would be different from American.

If, for example, I was to argue my sovereign citizenship I would rely less on legal loopholes and more on trying to leverage my indigenity and my rights to 'traditional rights' of my people.
I didnt look indeep into it but I wonder the same as you. Because the SC movement in the US is based in some bullshit they made about the relationship between the US goverment and it's citizens... but even if you take them at face value (and you deserve your fate if you believe that crap), it would obviously apply only to US citizens, not to, say, British, Spanish or German ones

As a side note I'll point out that, just like with the antivaxxer I met last week, learning that this sort of thing ALSO exists in Europe has surprised me. I honestly thought these kooky ideas had not spread to this side of the Atlantic
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:32:52 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117044 on: January 22, 2017, 09:37:02 am »

The stupid.... it hurts

I didnt look indeep into it but I wonder the same as you. Because the SC movement in the US is based in some bullshit they made about the relationship between the US goverment and it's citizens... but even if you take them at face value (and you deserve your fate if you believe that crap), it would obviously apply only to US citizens, not to, say, British, Spanish or German ones

A casual google search found Freemen-on-the-land, which may be an offshoot of Soverign Citizens, but they base their particular nonsense on believing they're only bound by statue laws if they agree they are, so they can just declare themselves independent. So it's not to do with the US in particular but just laws in general.

Aside from that I can't find much to suggest any sovereign citizen movement outside the US.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 7801 7802 [7803] 7804 7805 ... 11040