Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7731 7732 [7733] 7734 7735 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491469 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115980 on: December 30, 2016, 10:54:47 am »

My hair has somehow partially rolled itself together into a vortex-like shape, stupid-unrealistic-anime-hair style. What.
Strike a power pose and yell something cringeworthy! Stumble face-first into some girl's tits! Enter a somewhat homoerotic relationship with your best friend! Stand on a lamppost in a dramatic gale! Steal a giant mech! Not necessarily in that order! You know what to do, anyway!
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #115981 on: December 30, 2016, 10:59:38 am »

My hair has somehow partially rolled itself together into a vortex-like shape, stupid-unrealistic-anime-hair style. What.
Strike a power pose and yell something cringeworthy! Stumble face-first into some girl's tits! Enter a somewhat homoerotic relationship with your best friend! Stand on a lamppost in a dramatic gale! Steal a giant mech! Not necessarily in that order! You know what to do, anyway!
*unsheathes katana*
*teleports behind you*
baka

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115982 on: December 30, 2016, 11:09:09 am »

Sounds like you're going to stab him in the baka.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #115983 on: December 30, 2016, 11:09:36 am »

Somebody, somewhere, is probably paying their hairdresser a hefty sum to get this hairstyle right. You get it for free. Ain't that a New Year present?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115984 on: December 30, 2016, 11:20:37 am »

Sounds like you're going to stab him in the baka.
I get your punnery, but
wherever I am stabbed, that's a stab in the baka
even if you do it from the front-a
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115985 on: December 30, 2016, 11:22:33 am »

That's so kawaii~
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115986 on: December 30, 2016, 01:58:58 pm »

Stout.
Well, it's more of a two days ago, but still.
I open refrigerator... see stout everywhere. I still have no idea what caused the cork to come out, nor how the stout got everywhere. Nor why it was still liquid in many places.

Stout=British beer.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115987 on: December 30, 2016, 02:10:28 pm »

Stout sounds like a kind of fish! Try reading that post imagining fish instead of beer. It's weird.

E: It was bad and gas built up until there was enough pressure for it to pop the cork or explode the bottle?

E II electric boogaloo: I don't beer but I've seen exploding bottles on tv~
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:14:14 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115988 on: December 30, 2016, 02:48:43 pm »

Stout.
Well, it's more of a two days ago, but still.
I open refrigerator... see stout everywhere. I still have no idea what caused the cork to come out, nor how the stout got everywhere. Nor why it was still liquid in many places.

Stout=British beer.
SOmething something expansion upon freezing?
One wheel short of a wagon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115989 on: December 30, 2016, 02:54:36 pm »

Yeah, sounds like it was a freezer...  Gotta be very careful with freezing anything in glass.  As in, you don't, you take it out after half an hour or so.  My brother and I have forgotten freezer beer at least a couple of times each...  The cleanup is a pain.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115990 on: December 30, 2016, 03:11:48 pm »

That's just ridiculous, everybody knows that beers hibernate

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115991 on: December 30, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »

Liquid expansion on freezing, aided by the fact any beer has a fair bit of gas in it, which enhances the expansion :v

Don't let your beers freeze, kids.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115992 on: December 30, 2016, 03:50:56 pm »

Oh yeah, notably, it's safe to freeze liquor.  Enough of it is stuff that doesn't like freezing, that even a glass bottle of it won't expand enough to shatter.

At least in my experience, which mostly involves bottom-shelf liquors.  On the occasion I want top-shelf liquor, I'm at a bar with friends (or colleagues, before...)  Basically, not freezing a bottle to numb its horrid bite.  Expensive liquor actually does taste pretty good, which shouldn't have surprised me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115993 on: December 30, 2016, 03:54:25 pm »

Liquid expansion on freezing, aided by the fact any beer has a fair bit of gas in it, which enhances the expansion :v

Don't let your beers freeze, kids.
That's actually water expansion on freezing. It's IIRC one of the few, or maybe even the only liquid that does that, due to its highly irrational bond structure.
._.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115994 on: December 30, 2016, 04:08:32 pm »

Oh yeah, notably, it's safe to freeze liquor.  Enough of it is stuff that doesn't like freezing, that even a glass bottle of it won't expand enough to shatter.

At least in my experience, which mostly involves bottom-shelf liquors.  On the occasion I want top-shelf liquor, I'm at a bar with friends (or colleagues, before...)  Basically, not freezing a bottle to numb its horrid bite.  Expensive liquor actually does taste pretty good, which shouldn't have surprised me.

This is not a great idea for things like whiskey, whisky, rum, or tequila. Not so much because the bottle will burst (it still won't) but it will damage the flavor. Flavorless liquors such as vodka don't have this problem, and some flavors (such as peppermint schnapps) are enhanced.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7731 7732 [7733] 7734 7735 ... 11037