Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7723 7724 [7725] 7726 7727 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494381 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115860 on: December 27, 2016, 04:26:24 am »

I'd be fine with doing it for the lulz, if I could think of sufficient enough lulz :)

The things I originally used them for was a small little linux build server slave and internal hosting environment to use as a staging ground.

But things like gitlab-ci has pretty much replaced my old Jenkins + Build Slave set-up for my private projects, and at the time my main projects were self-contained, small enough and platform-independent enough for the Pi to cover. My current main project is a bit bigger and more swarmy, and using Docker so ARM isn't a suitable staging without either complicating my build pipeline for no other reason than to use the Pis.

Basically there's now free/cheap online stuff that I use to do the stuff I used to used to do with them. It just annoys me that they're gathering dust at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:59:14 am by MorleyDev »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #115861 on: December 27, 2016, 05:11:32 am »

Well, it wasn't today but it is worthy "WTF?" moment.

I opened TVTropes and there was an advertisement on the main page which said next (It was in Russian):
Terrible Death
Rescuers couldn't save him:

And right to the colon, there was an incredibly suspicious link to the site with co.ck.uk domain.

It just raises too many questions...

First of all, who is "him"? Second, why you use site with such domain, dear advertisers? Third, how TVTropes allowed such click-bait ad to be displayed on their friggin main page?! Fourth, why you use such click-bait title?!

Let's say it together people, creators of the ads reached new low.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115862 on: December 27, 2016, 07:50:45 am »

My graphics card somehow... undied itself. I am not very trusting of it, so I will proably be getting a new one anyway, but it's still weird that it was supposedly deader than dead and now it's working.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #115863 on: December 27, 2016, 08:00:17 am »

My graphics card somehow... undied itself. I am not very trusting of it, so I will proably be getting a new one anyway, but it's still weird that it was supposedly deader than dead and now it's working.

What is dead may never die?
What is dead may never die.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #115864 on: December 27, 2016, 08:33:46 am »

Yeeeaaah, when what appears to be a blood slime oozes itself from a lady's nethers it's time to stop dreaming and wake up. You're done at that point. If an otherwise normal and fairly pleasant somnial hallucination takes that turn it's quittin' time.

why the hell those ended up kind of item gacha i don't know and don't want to know
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115865 on: December 27, 2016, 12:44:30 pm »

I almost rolled my eyes when I was talking to a doctor and she asked my hobbies and I said videogames

and she was like "That isn't a hobby"

Which is the WEIRDEST freeken argument ever! because I tested it... Basically it is more of a "I have no respect for videogames so it isn't a hobby" thing.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115866 on: December 27, 2016, 12:52:48 pm »

Why did you answer honestly to a trick question anyway? The answer's always walking, reading, plus minus one sport.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115867 on: December 27, 2016, 12:58:29 pm »

Why did you answer honestly to a trick question anyway? The answer's always walking, reading, plus minus one sport.

You joke... but yes that was the correct answer xD

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115868 on: December 27, 2016, 01:16:20 pm »

I jest, yes, but I do think that one must be prudent about what's disclosed in job interviews and workplace medical checkups. There might be unforeseen consequences to what you say. Things are always far less private than one would think.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115869 on: December 27, 2016, 01:18:56 pm »

I had a dream about being a slave and doing fancy acrobatic shit and fighting my way through what was basically a cyberpunk environment made of wood. Like, lots of towers and crap but made of wood and leather.

Kept getting into a fight with one dude who had an improvised rifle that used a caliber he wasn't supposed to be allowed to use, and was really goddamn big. Never actually beat him by the time I woke up though I'd beaten down, escaped from, or killed most of the rest of the slavers.

The banter was maybe the weirdest part. At one point it was just 'two parts yellow' 'one part blonde' and then I smashed my forehead into his face. So....?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115870 on: December 27, 2016, 01:29:57 pm »

I jest, yes, but I do think that one must be prudent about what's disclosed in job interviews and workplace medical checkups. There might be unforeseen consequences to what you say. Things are always far less private than one would think.

I really didn't like that psychiatrist anyhow... well as a psychiatrist :P

Then again I never like anyone I am open with that treats me like I am being dishonest.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115872 on: December 27, 2016, 03:02:31 pm »

Someone famous will die in the next five days. 2016 is not letting us go so easy.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115874 on: December 27, 2016, 03:20:52 pm »

Someone famous will die in the next five days. 2016 is not letting us go so easy.

At least nobody we dont care about died right
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7723 7724 [7725] 7726 7727 ... 11037