Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7595 7596 [7597] 7598 7599 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488684 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113940 on: November 21, 2016, 06:15:41 am »

Both Scoot of VGCats and Rich Burlew of Order of the Stick did guest comics for 8-Bit Theater, long before I would ever read VGC or OOTS. Marvel at the connection of all things.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #113941 on: November 21, 2016, 07:21:25 am »

Last Friday, my I lost my web connection without warning. A couple hours later, a workman came to my door and asked if I own a landline phone. Apparently they broke several cables while doing some infrastructure project in the neighbourhood, and only repaired them by today's afternoon.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113942 on: November 21, 2016, 07:28:11 am »

... I think this may be one of the few times I've actually reached the point I was winning a game so hard it was making it hard to play.

Siralim 2. Mentioned somewhere or another a cerebus recursion loop thing, which I've been continuing to refine in starts and stops, that basically makes so when one of my creatures attacks (or is forced to attack by one of the other's spells) it pretty much doesn't stop attacking until everything on the enemy team is dead, buried under a recursion loop of face punching and magical armageddon. Problem is, well. It doesn't stop. Which may mean it's several dozen, several hundred attacks before the enemy team actually dies. And, uh. That takes time. It takes a lot of time. It takes an annoying amount of time. It's actually getting frustrating that this thing's kicking so much ass the biggest roadblock I'm having at the moment is how long it takes to kill an enemy that is getting its face smashed by an unending torrent of pain.

I don't encounter this very often, where the mechanics of victory is actually sapping my enjoyment out of said victory. I get bored and whatnot, sure, but... not like this. Not like this. Still love the game, but it's looking increasingly like I need to retire the dog of literally infinite annihilation and see about building some other nightmare orgy of death. Just... just not the mark 2 dog of literally infinite annihilation, that is in fact a bird of even more literally infinite annihilation and its five bird friends of mutually recursive omnicide. Which is kinda' a shame, because the BoEMLIA and FBFoMRO would be even more awesome than the DoLIA, which is itself approaching too awesome to actually play.

Sounds like a bug that could happen in DF, and possibly has.

Right now I'm using the much simpler method of having a team made entirely of demonic hordes, including the one type that joins all of their HP pulls into a single number, then makes every demonic horde's individual HP that number, meaning every single one of them has an HP poll in the order of 4k HP or so. Then I just have one of them use that one spell that kills one of your creatures then does damage equal to its HP to all enemies. This instantly kills any team that isn't immune to magic :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113943 on: November 21, 2016, 08:49:08 am »

... I think this may be one of the few times I've actually reached the point I was winning a game so hard it was making it hard to play.

Siralim 2. Mentioned somewhere or another a cerebus recursion loop thing, which I've been continuing to refine in starts and stops, that basically makes so when one of my creatures attacks (or is forced to attack by one of the other's spells) it pretty much doesn't stop attacking until everything on the enemy team is dead, buried under a recursion loop of face punching and magical armageddon. Problem is, well. It doesn't stop. Which may mean it's several dozen, several hundred attacks before the enemy team actually dies. And, uh. That takes time. It takes a lot of time. It takes an annoying amount of time. It's actually getting frustrating that this thing's kicking so much ass the biggest roadblock I'm having at the moment is how long it takes to kill an enemy that is getting its face smashed by an unending torrent of pain.

I don't encounter this very often, where the mechanics of victory is actually sapping my enjoyment out of said victory. I get bored and whatnot, sure, but... not like this. Not like this. Still love the game, but it's looking increasingly like I need to retire the dog of literally infinite annihilation and see about building some other nightmare orgy of death. Just... just not the mark 2 dog of literally infinite annihilation, that is in fact a bird of even more literally infinite annihilation and its five bird friends of mutually recursive omnicide. Which is kinda' a shame, because the BoEMLIA and FBFoMRO would be even more awesome than the DoLIA, which is itself approaching too awesome to actually play.

Right now I'm using the much simpler method of having a team made entirely of demonic hordes, including the one type that joins all of their HP pulls into a single number, then makes every demonic horde's individual HP that number, meaning every single one of them has an HP poll in the order of 4k HP or so. Then I just have one of them use that one spell that kills one of your creatures then does damage equal to its HP to all enemies. This instantly kills any team that isn't immune to magic :v
This sounds hilariously broken. Does that whole game revolve around exploiting synergistic combos like it's MtG?
._.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113944 on: November 21, 2016, 08:50:56 am »

Put traps down to kill an invading mouse.

Baited them with peanuts. Peanuts taken, trap not sprung.
Baited them with honey. Honey taken, trap not sprung.
Glued peanut to trap. Peanut taken.

Stupid trap.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113945 on: November 21, 2016, 09:19:33 am »

This sounds hilariously broken. Does that whole game revolve around exploiting synergistic combos like it's MtG?

Seems so. Kinda like SMT, but even more broken and more team oriented (SMT is less about making teams of monster but making individual monsters broken through fusion). Not only that, but the game has an artifact forging and enchanting system that allows you to put broken abilities in them and then equip them on your creatures. For example, one of my demonic hordes carries an artifact that has an effect that heals every single monster in my team for 25% of their total health when its their turn, so since they all have around 4k HP, each of them heals for about 1k HP every turn.

Additionaly, one of my other demonic hordes carries an artifact which I got enchanted with an effect that has 50% chance to ressurect any of my dead allies on every attack.

The only thing that has currently stopped my progress was a pair of archangel bosses that immediately turn all your monster's HP into 1 at the start of the battle, something I have to find a way to deal with yet, but I could prob win by sheer luck just by having my allies be faster then most enemy monster and have them heal and ressurect eachother before they all die.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:53:03 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #113946 on: November 21, 2016, 09:48:32 am »

Both Scoot of VGCats and Rich Burlew of Order of the Stick did guest comics for 8-Bit Theater, long before I would ever read VGC or OOTS. Marvel at the connection of all things.

Related: I realized after reading this that 8-Bit Theater is my favorite webcomic of all time, bar none.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113947 on: November 21, 2016, 09:54:58 am »

Related: I realized after reading this that 8-Bit Theater is my favorite webcomic of all time, bar none.
Where's this other comic that isn't OoTS?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113948 on: November 21, 2016, 10:09:21 am »

Where's this other comic that isn't OoTS?
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/03/02/episode-001-were-going-where/

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113949 on: November 21, 2016, 10:09:37 am »

I dinged the back of a guy's car on Friday.
He has my number and I don't have his, but I announced my intention to pay for it.

It's been five days and he hasn't rung me. It's a really nice car, he's not going to just drive around with it like that.
I don't know what's going on.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:17:24 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113950 on: November 21, 2016, 10:10:29 am »

The only thing that has currently stopped my progress was a pair of archangel bosses that immediately turn all your monster's HP into 1 at the start of the battle, something I have to find a way to deal with yet, but I could prob win by sheer luck just by having my allies be faster then most enemy monster and have them heal and ressurect eachother before they all die.
Best bet for something that doesn't involve that much effort is probably hunting up one of the action order manipulating traits, raid or somethin'.

Personally wrecked 'em so far with that DoLIA and a griffin team that's built around jacking barriers through the roof (that happened to involve a lot of healing, as well, and a passive defense stacking/equality feedback loop that'd easily end up with some of the griffins with five digit stats by turn two or three... and their defense equality was pinging off of started around 200, at the time). Did have to have enough speed to get in at least one turn before something blew up the entire team (mercy or otherwise), but that's not that bad, usually. Tend to have at least one or two creatures spec'd for speed anyway. Want to say there was a third one, too, that didn't do anything in particular that was special besides hit hard and fast -- starting death ghoul, coast watcher, stuff like that. If mercy's dead before it can act things get a lot more reasonable, similar for everything else, ahaha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #113951 on: November 21, 2016, 10:44:08 am »

Stupid trap.
I don't think cats like you putting things on them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113952 on: November 21, 2016, 10:45:40 am »

I discovered that 35% of adults in the UK still sleep with a Teddybear

Makes me happy to hear that.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113953 on: November 21, 2016, 11:08:26 am »

If by teddy bear they mean big fat hairy men, then yea, its prob true.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113954 on: November 21, 2016, 11:11:46 am »

Stupid trap.
I don't think cats like you putting things on them.

Apartment's too small for a cat, no place for a litter box. Otherwise that would be the preferred solution.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7595 7596 [7597] 7598 7599 ... 11037