Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7594 7595 [7596] 7597 7598 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488868 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113925 on: November 20, 2016, 06:48:17 pm »

In writing I think the one thing I don't like is "Evil, even to your compatriots" type villains.

This does happen in real life but typically people are forced to work for them either by force or circumstance... As well these villains usually need some degree of ruthlessness.

---

For this I will make a shoutout to two pieces of fiction

1) Luke Cage (TV SHOW): In this show the villain suddenly turning murderous is considered to be eratic behavior that will be their downfall.
2) One of the Advance Wars (Videogame): So you have the typical "Strength means everything" villain... That kills him...

In fact to explain #2

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113926 on: November 20, 2016, 07:50:58 pm »

Trying these... sweetos things for the first time. Attempt by cheetos to package what's more or less cinnamon churro rings. They... they used too much butter. Butter something. Tastes like someone overdosed a pancake on butter and syrup, and not particularly in a good way. Edible, but it'd be a fair bit better if they had eased up on that front.

Bloody weird. I'unno if it's the worst churro I've ever tasted but it's definitely below average.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113927 on: November 20, 2016, 07:51:22 pm »

Just saw something someone posted on facebook. A man with Down Syndrome copulating with a car.

Not only was this naturally WTF worthy, the amount of views and shares were in the hundreds of thousands.

What is even wrong with people? Seriously. It's times like these that I think Crake in 'Orxy and Crake' had the right of it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113928 on: November 20, 2016, 07:56:04 pm »

It's times like these that I think Crake in 'Orxy and Crake' had the right of it.

This reminded me of another WTF:

We're studying that book in English class. Its actually one of the better weird books that we've had to study, but its still not what I'd expect.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113929 on: November 20, 2016, 07:59:26 pm »

Agreed. It was a real eye opener, though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113930 on: November 20, 2016, 08:15:19 pm »

Damn good book, that book. Still haven't gotten around to reading the next two though.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113931 on: November 20, 2016, 10:10:43 pm »

... I think this may be one of the few times I've actually reached the point I was winning a game so hard it was making it hard to play.

Siralim 2. Mentioned somewhere or another a cerebus recursion loop thing, which I've been continuing to refine in starts and stops, that basically makes so when one of my creatures attacks (or is forced to attack by one of the other's spells) it pretty much doesn't stop attacking until everything on the enemy team is dead, buried under a recursion loop of face punching and magical armageddon. Problem is, well. It doesn't stop. Which may mean it's several dozen, several hundred attacks before the enemy team actually dies. And, uh. That takes time. It takes a lot of time. It takes an annoying amount of time. It's actually getting frustrating that this thing's kicking so much ass the biggest roadblock I'm having at the moment is how long it takes to kill an enemy that is getting its face smashed by an unending torrent of pain.

I don't encounter this very often, where the mechanics of victory is actually sapping my enjoyment out of said victory. I get bored and whatnot, sure, but... not like this. Not like this. Still love the game, but it's looking increasingly like I need to retire the dog of literally infinite annihilation and see about building some other nightmare orgy of death. Just... just not the mark 2 dog of literally infinite annihilation, that is in fact a bird of even more literally infinite annihilation and its five bird friends of mutually recursive omnicide. Which is kinda' a shame, because the BoEMLIA and FBFoMRO would be even more awesome than the DoLIA, which is itself approaching too awesome to actually play.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113932 on: November 20, 2016, 10:14:43 pm »

... I think this may be one of the few times I've actually reached the point I was winning a game so hard it was making it hard to play.

Siralim 2. Mentioned somewhere or another a cerebus recursion loop thing, which I've been continuing to refine in starts and stops, that basically makes so when one of my creatures attacks (or is forced to attack by one of the other's spells) it pretty much doesn't stop attacking until everything on the enemy team is dead, buried under a recursion loop of face punching and magical armageddon. Problem is, well. It doesn't stop. Which may mean it's several dozen, several hundred attacks before the enemy team actually dies. And, uh. That takes time. It takes a lot of time. It takes an annoying amount of time. It's actually getting frustrating that this thing's kicking so much ass the biggest roadblock I'm having at the moment is how long it takes to kill an enemy that is getting its face smashed by an unending torrent of pain.

I don't encounter this very often, where the mechanics of victory is actually sapping my enjoyment out of said victory. I get bored and whatnot, sure, but... not like this. Not like this. Still love the game, but it's looking increasingly like I need to retire the dog of literally infinite annihilation and see about building some other nightmare orgy of death. Just... just not the mark 2 dog of literally infinite annihilation, that is in fact a bird of even more literally infinite annihilation and its five bird friends of mutually recursive omnicide. Which is kinda' a shame, because the BoEMLIA and FBFoMRO would be even more awesome than the DoLIA, which is itself approaching too awesome to actually play.

Sounds like a bug that could happen in DF, and possibly has.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113933 on: November 20, 2016, 10:18:17 pm »

I wouldn't be terrible surprised, ha.

... though in this case, I'm like at least 80% sure it's working as intended. Stuff like that is a (mostly) intentional feature with siralim, ehehe.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113934 on: November 20, 2016, 11:28:24 pm »

Suriname is spelled with an e.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113935 on: November 20, 2016, 11:32:06 pm »

How's that a wtf? Other than maybe you've been mispelling it the whole time.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113936 on: November 20, 2016, 11:34:33 pm »

How's that a wtf? Other than maybe you've been mispelling it the whole time.

Because the e doesn't make sense.

also playing a game in which you have 15 minutes to name 196 countries in the world, and I would've got 139 had "Suriname" been spelled "Surinam". The bastards obviously named their country such to spite me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113937 on: November 21, 2016, 01:23:45 am »

In Dutch the e is pronounced. Suriname was a Dutch colony until 1975. So the e does make sense.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113938 on: November 21, 2016, 01:45:40 am »

Aye, a player that used to play for my team and became an instant hero by scoring four goals in a local derby in his first full game was from Suriname.

So... how would you pronounce it? Soo-rih-nah-meh?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113939 on: November 21, 2016, 01:46:25 am »

Aye, a player that used to play for my team and became an instant hero by scoring four goals in a local derby in his first full game was from Suriname.

So... how would you pronounce it? Soo-rih-nah-meh?
Yeah. that reads about right
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7594 7595 [7596] 7597 7598 ... 11037