Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7566 7567 [7568] 7569 7570 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467117 times)

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113505 on: November 14, 2016, 06:17:30 pm »

I still think Donald Duck should've been president...

He has a temper, but he is an honest, down-to-earth American, and is not afraid to roll up his sleaves and get to work, even though the hammock in the garden is where he would like to be most of all. Not to mention, he's served his nation in the navy. He'd have my full support.

He's been integral in hundreds of treasure finds, too boot, and how many presidents have defeated a cosmic horror? Admittadly, how many presidents have awoken them in the first place... And yes, he did break the Holy Grail, but... Well... Hmm. Still. He'd make a fantastic president. Hail to the chief!
Unfortunately, there is confirmed video evidence of Donald Duck being a member of the NSDAP.

That would probably damage his election chances. Probably.

Well, true. Of course, it was an anti-Nazi propaganda role that he volunteered for, but these days, it would hurt his chances nonetheless. Someone who has misunderstood it will post "canditdeat duck is secret nazi omg!" on Facebook, and given some spread and some help from the opposing candidate's fan bases on Twitter, that will be the reality for millions of people, and once it's reached that kind of mass, it is impossible to correct. It is the truth.

Of course, an election campaign can still sail through worse storms than that. Indeed, it might even help in some demographics that are rather difficult to flirt.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113506 on: November 14, 2016, 06:21:44 pm »

Yes, an anti-Nazi propaganda thing as Silverthrone stated.
But why do people always neglect that it was all a dream? A Nightmare at that!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113507 on: November 14, 2016, 06:22:27 pm »

you say that as if the reality isn't already a nightmare
._.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113508 on: November 14, 2016, 06:25:17 pm »

you say that as if the reality isn't already a nightmare
I am talking about the Donald Duck cartoon.

edit: And I am so sick of all this political talk on the internets these days.
Maybe I should quit the internet for a while, maybe a month or two?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113509 on: November 14, 2016, 06:44:45 pm »

Maybe a month. Two would probably be quite a bad idea, considering january is when trump actually gets in office. After that, depending on how things go, there might not be any getting off the ride for a while.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113510 on: November 14, 2016, 06:48:12 pm »

It was not a 'just a deam'.

It was Donald's psyche crying out for gratification.  He indulged his in Walt Disney.

DD has confirmed for Closet Nazi with daddy issues.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113511 on: November 14, 2016, 07:06:48 pm »

WHY HAS THERE BEEN OVER A PAGE OF POLITICS IN THE WTF THREAD... AGAIN?!

Get your shit together you odiferous buttnuggets.

Re: remove kebab, that reminds me, the other day I had a craving for a kebab. Or the falafel in them, more specifically.
Haven't gotten around to buying one, yet... kinda miss where I lived in Melbourne with a place selling $5 falafel "wraps" (they didn't call the cheap ones kebabs, for some reason... I think they just had less sauce) right nearby. Well, yet another reason I miss living down there, anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113512 on: November 14, 2016, 07:07:37 pm »

apparently this was in Google Translate autocomplete list when I typed the word "feisty":
feisty pets grandmaster funk angry
it doesn't even translate to anything meaningful

apparently it's some kind of toy?

google stop putting ads into google translate plz
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113513 on: November 14, 2016, 07:09:36 pm »

I have no idea.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113514 on: November 14, 2016, 07:17:53 pm »

Re: remove kebab, that reminds me, the other day I had a craving for a kebab. Or the falafel in them, more specifically.
Haven't gotten around to buying one, yet... kinda miss where I lived in Melbourne with a place selling $5 falafel "wraps" (they didn't call the cheap ones kebabs, for some reason... I think they just had less sauce) right nearby. Well, yet another reason I miss living down there, anyway.

I have cravings for something similar as well. Perhaps I'll get one after work tomorrow today. I need to get some sleep.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113515 on: November 14, 2016, 07:19:15 pm »

My WTF is that the first time I've seen anyone with an internet presence suggest that Putin and Russians generally were pro-Trump because he (unlike Clinton) might actually lift the economic sanctions was in a Sargon post-election video that was mostly just ranting about how SJWs are still choosing ideology over reality (with a side dash of them being the end-product of KGB cultural subversion efforts back in the '50s). And that sub-set of ideologically blinkered right-wing fans of his continuing to be totally unaware of the stupendous irony of their interpretation of the anti-leftwing-authoritarian left's actions and ideas, but that should go without saying.

Which, uh, frankly makes a lot of sense (the economic concerns), and I'm sort of kicking myself for just buying the bullshit without thinking too hard. On arms-length reflection the "Trump is Putin's puppet oh and all those whistleblowers are ebul Russian cats-paws" narrative sounds like the paranoid love-child Ian Fleming and Tom Clancy would create in the back room of a West German bar. Like, holy shit, for all that a certain set of Clinton supporters like to complain about unconscious bias, they sure didn't mind trying to exploit the Cold War era tacit assumptions. Not that it's necessarily true, but it's a lot more reasonable than that fucking spy thriller they were selling. I guess we aren't in the most bizarre timeline after all, since there's no super-secret-agent infiltrating Trump Tower right now. Also explains why they pushed the "Bernie is unelectable cuz he's a commie" line so hard.

Just trying to sort out all the propaganda after the fact is a clusterfuck that I'm not certain I want to bother with, especially because all sides are continuing to churn it out like they're being paid to do i-oh, wait.

remove politics remove politics

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113516 on: November 14, 2016, 07:26:45 pm »

No, no, my friend. FTFE. Fuck the Fourth Estate. We might still be able to get something out of politics but there needs to <purged>

... I keep running into problems figuring out how to express proper courses of action there without tripping up on the forum guidelines against advocating for violence. Mostly because I'm not quite sure what's to be done that doesn't involve things that look suspiciously like impalement.
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113517 on: November 14, 2016, 07:35:25 pm »

Does it count as violence if we just mind-control everyone else to have the same political opinions as us? I suppose you could advocate for that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113518 on: November 14, 2016, 07:37:10 pm »

We're supposed to be discussing kebabs, not politics, damnit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113519 on: November 14, 2016, 07:38:00 pm »

Does it count as violence if we just mind-control everyone else to have the same political opinions as us? I suppose you could advocate for that.
I don't want that, though. I just want journalistic integrity to come back, at least a little. Or show up at all, depending on how you interpret previous years. Either way.

We're supposed to be discussing kebabs, not politics, damnit.
Did you not see the reference to reporter kebabs, yoi?
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 7566 7567 [7568] 7569 7570 ... 11037