Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7565 7566 [7567] 7568 7569 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465443 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113490 on: November 14, 2016, 04:38:13 pm »

sorry.  I didnt need to do that.  Ive wanted nothing more than to ignore this election for the last 6 months.  Now all we have to do is move it along.

No need to apologize it is just interesting.

It happened in a few elections where the victors claim themselves the victims and everything before that was them being picked on.

I don't know what this is called.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113491 on: November 14, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »

In trump's case Id call it 'a planned move'.

But usually its narcissism.  And poor perspective.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113492 on: November 14, 2016, 04:42:47 pm »

Personally, I believe that if you vote for a person, you're endorsing their platform, you're endorsing their views, you're endorsing every thing they've promised and said. After all, if they're not lying to you, they're going to try to accomplish everything they promised and practice what they preach. If you say "I voted for Wossname because of one reason and I'm ignoring the other stuff," well, the other stuff still exists. Ignoring something doesn't make it not exist.

I don't think I can fit that in 140 characters
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113493 on: November 14, 2016, 04:43:44 pm »

this thread truly is the greatest thread that has ever existed
._.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113494 on: November 14, 2016, 04:48:25 pm »

this thread truly is the greatest thread that has ever existed

I disagree! *points at your sig*
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113495 on: November 14, 2016, 04:54:25 pm »

I still think Donald Duck should've been president...

He has a temper, but he is an honest, down-to-earth American, and is not afraid to roll up his sleaves and get to work, even though the hammock in the garden is where he would like to be most of all. Not to mention, he's served his nation in the navy. He'd have my full support.

He's been integral in hundreds of treasure finds, too boot, and how many presidents have defeated a cosmic horror? Admittadly, how many presidents have awoken them in the first place... And yes, he did break the Holy Grail, but... Well... Hmm. Still. He'd make a fantastic president. Hail to the chief!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113496 on: November 14, 2016, 05:02:00 pm »

I still think Donald Duck should've been president...

He has a temper, but he is an honest, down-to-earth American, and is not afraid to roll up his sleaves and get to work, even though the hammock in the garden is where he would like to be most of all. Not to mention, he's served his nation in the navy. He'd have my full support.

He's been integral in hundreds of treasure finds, too boot, and how many presidents have defeated a cosmic horror? Admittadly, how many presidents have awoken them in the first place... And yes, he did break the Holy Grail, but... Well... Hmm. Still. He'd make a fantastic president. Hail to the chief!
Unfortunately, there is confirmed video evidence of Donald Duck being a member of the NSDAP.

That would probably damage his election chances. Probably.
._.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113497 on: November 14, 2016, 05:04:01 pm »

Personally, I believe that if you vote for a person, you're endorsing their platform, you're endorsing their views, you're endorsing every thing they've promised and said. After all, if they're not lying to you, they're going to try to accomplish everything they promised and practice what they preach. If you say "I voted for Wossname because of one reason and I'm ignoring the other stuff," well, the other stuff still exists. Ignoring something doesn't make it not exist.

In other words, you should never vote for anybody ever, because the only person with your exact views is you. There will never be a politician that doesn't support something that you oppose, so the only way to participate in a republic is to decide what issues are more important.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113498 on: November 14, 2016, 05:07:43 pm »

While sorta' true, "oppose" isn't exactly a binary option. Difference between, "okay, I don't think that will work or may have some negative consequences" and "economic suicide with a side of minority ruination on the rocks". Lotta' stuff you can oppose and live with. Some stuff that's a more questionable proposition. Deciding something's more important doesn't mean you have to consider other things to be completely not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113499 on: November 14, 2016, 05:10:31 pm »

What about Managed Democracy?
You take a survey about your beliefs, and then an algorithm decides which candidate most aligns with your values.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113500 on: November 14, 2016, 05:12:03 pm »

I'm not sure I'm ready for the world's first survocracy, rule by survey makers.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113501 on: November 14, 2016, 05:15:33 pm »

Pirate party. Iirc it's a-happening.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113502 on: November 14, 2016, 05:19:03 pm »

While sorta' true, "oppose" isn't exactly a binary option. Difference between, "okay, I don't think that will work or may have some negative consequences" and "economic suicide with a side of minority ruination on the rocks". Lotta' stuff you can oppose and live with. Some stuff that's a more questionable proposition. Deciding something's more important doesn't mean you have to consider other things to be completely not.

Precisely. You can vote for somebody that supports something you hate because other things they support are more likely to matter, or because there's little chance of pushing through the thing you hate to begin with, or because you think undoing whatever damage they manage to do in that area will be worth the cost if it means you get something else done, or a dozen other reasons. My point is that "a vote for somebody is an unconditional backing of everything that that person believes in" is a fundamentally stupid concept.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #113503 on: November 14, 2016, 05:24:12 pm »

I voted SMOD.

https://twitter.com/smod2016?lang=en

The only candidate with a plan for everything.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113504 on: November 14, 2016, 05:55:33 pm »

Shonus: You have a good argument. I still could never have voted for Trump, however, and had no problem voting for Bernie or Hillary.
Pages: 1 ... 7565 7566 [7567] 7568 7569 ... 11037