Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7451 7452 [7453] 7454 7455 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486483 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111780 on: October 26, 2016, 06:27:09 am »

Might want to look into the RPG Burrows and Bunnies for inspiration. As the name suggests, it's based on Watership Down and painstakingly informs you how weak and pathetic you are. The average strength of a rabbit is 5. The average strength of a human is 40.
Bunnies and Burrows is pretty awesome, but given that Arcvasti referenced Bun Fu I'm pretty sure they're already drawing on it for ideas. Might work better in adventure mode than fortress mode, though; not a lot of variety to keep a fort interesting. Now Redwall could get fun; that universe would very likely work better in videogame form than the godsawful boilerplate of moralising drudge that the books turned into =X 
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111781 on: October 26, 2016, 06:57:53 am »

Hurray I love how Game Companies are starting to do a sort of "Payolla" thing where they buy good reviews...

Not by... actually giving money but by basically going "If you don't give us good reviews, we aren't going to give you review copies". :P

Ugh the whole system be broke anyhow :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111782 on: October 26, 2016, 07:35:25 am »

So, someone I work with, who uses computers and programs on a daily basis, was struggling to answer why computers represent numbers in binary instead of using binary to represent base 10.

Essentially, the question was why we shouldn't just use BCD for everything. And he was struggling with answering it. There are no words.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111784 on: October 26, 2016, 08:13:04 am »

[stuff about anti-trans stuffs that is WTFy]
Eeee >_> Had me reminded of things in one awesome forum-goer's country and the local preacher being all :v about it.
<_<
It still gets to me how divisive the ideas they say, are, compared to the position they're in (and the fact that they most likely are only speaking out of concept rather than actually having met people).

Also that is some weird site o_O It's like, they're totally unaware of history, background, context, and rather only focusing on prejudice and made up consequences. And misuse of quotes, but that seems common with 'attributing these quotes in sprucing up narrative' misuse. x_x (Although for some reason, that link is more only against...one person and the implications because of that, and then brings up already-proven-to-be-wrong viewpoints regarding people who are actually transgender :v Like wow. The whole mental illness stuff. Backing up my WTF: It's like the uneducatedness reinforces their point. >_< It's been disproven for decades that "being transgender" [word as needed] 'is' a mental illness.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111785 on: October 26, 2016, 08:28:58 am »

I love how they just straight-up started the article with a quote by Ayn Rand.
I fail with names ;~; but who is Ayn Rand?
As in, I do read a lot about notable poets in the past, but I always forget names like that.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111786 on: October 26, 2016, 08:30:35 am »

I love how they just straight-up started the article with a quote by Ayn Rand.
I fail with names ;~; but who is Ayn Rand?
As in, I do read a lot about notable poets in the past, but I always forget names like that.

Atlas Shrugged.

For the cliff notes version of her philosophy, play the first Bioshock and pay attention to the storyline.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111787 on: October 26, 2016, 08:40:26 am »

Ayn Rand developed the philosophical school of Objectivism, which is mostly popular with laissez-faire libertarians, but not many others.

Quote from: Randall Munroe
I had a hard time with Ayn Rand because I found myself enthusiastically agreeing with the first 90% of every sentence, but getting lost at 'therefore, be a huge asshole to everyone.'
Source: alt-text here.

Caroline is a ninja.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111788 on: October 26, 2016, 08:41:23 am »

Thanks you dudes! :D
...In which I do notice I'm more tired than usual (but do not feel it, again), because I'm connecting and misconnecting names as if they're classical or modern poets. :I Hooray me reading a lot of poetry and then messing up everyone's names because of syllabication and verse.

Also browsing the comments of that article is just x~x. This feels something more connected to Kardashian-stuff rather than anything else but it's spilling over because it seems connected. That said, I just noticed something about that link you posted, Dozebôm Lolumzalìs. That website may be...a lot less than the first impression I had of them when I clicked to another page and a pop-up happened that went
3 Ways You're Being Lied To
Sign up to our weekly newsletter and find out how you're being deceived by the big gaming sites
._.
That, or the comments and otherwise lead me to think that's more a satire or something site than...something of learning content.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111789 on: October 26, 2016, 10:05:39 am »

... updating vista sp1 to sp2 somehow freed up about 70 gigs of hard drive space, also known as 2-3 times the amount of free space I had beforehand. What were you even doing, windows? I mean, I probably know (page files and whatnot), but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #111790 on: October 26, 2016, 01:02:17 pm »

Make no mistake: the progressives are winning. Twenty years ago a person could openly criticize homosexuality. Today, thanks to the Supreme Court, people who do not enthusiastically endorse gay marriage are branded as bigots, disqualified from high-profile business positions, and generally dismissed as ignorant hicks whose views are outside of the scope of acceptable thought.

Um, no? The SC decision reflected the overall change in mood, not the other way around. Get gud at causality.

Western conservatives are essentially too gentle and tolerant, this kind of thing simply does not fly in most countries

Put the civility away for a second and bring out the rage and shaming - the average equalist rarely understands anything else.

YOU ARE THE POSTER BOY FOR BIGOTEDNESS
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:06:48 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111791 on: October 26, 2016, 01:17:08 pm »

Ayn Rand developed the philosophical school of Objectivism, which is mostly popular with laissez-faire libertarians, but not many others.

Quote from: Randall Munroe
I had a hard time with Ayn Rand because I found myself enthusiastically agreeing with the first 90% of every sentence, but getting lost at 'therefore, be a huge asshole to everyone.'
Source: alt-text here.

Caroline is a ninja.
For a succinct summary of Rand's philosophy: "Fuck you, got mine."

Alternatively, Objectivists are Social Darwinists who are firmly convinced that they are the pinnacle of humanity and that all the money they stole or inherited was earned by the hard work of being as amazing as they clearly are.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111792 on: October 26, 2016, 01:33:23 pm »

There are a lot of stupid things about Objectivism, but the fact that it presupposes that 1% of humans possess 999% of humanity's productive/intellectual power and the rest has -899% of it, so the 1% would be about 10 times better off just by ditching everyone else, is probably the most stupid.

It's pretty attractive for some kinds of people, though.
._.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #111793 on: October 26, 2016, 01:43:30 pm »

The biggest problem with the transgender agenda is that it erodes our right to our own minds and to our perceptions of reality.

u wut m8
man this sure is wonderfull

While I personally agree that Caitlyn Jenner isn't a great role model for transgenderism...

The rest is kinda....

I don't really know how to put it.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111794 on: October 26, 2016, 01:50:57 pm »

And that's why I thought it was satire :P
And then I read the comments.

And then I looked at the site o_O
And the only bit I partly and minorly agree with is the role model-ism going on not being the best, but whoever designated that anyway :v

Poor writing of a spurred article and gigantic leaps of broken logic aside and back to the thread: I've been rewriting and noticing misspellings more lately. I am tired! And yet I don't notice (thanks passion and "iron will" drive to do things), because I've misspelled thesaurus a lot and instead wrote thesis. Like searching 'thesaurus sport' became 'thesis sport', and the mere fact that my thesis is about a sport only had me...several seconds to notice what I was searching wrong, why the search engine was displaying different things that looked correct and what I wanted to search for and why am I writing this.
Included: Writing tone also suffers. Woo. Tiredness. :P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:52:28 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 7451 7452 [7453] 7454 7455 ... 11037