Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7444 7445 [7446] 7447 7448 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487505 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111675 on: October 25, 2016, 09:47:41 am »

I'm... pretty sure you'd still have to lead? Unless the shooting plane's directly behind the other one. Could be the point, I guess.

You wouldn't have to lead nearly as much as your brain tells you that you should if you're used to shooting from a static position.

If you have two (air)planes side by side on the same (geometric)plane, flying in the positive x direction (Okay, that's just confusing, airplanes henceforth and retrospectively), and we assume the speed of the (air)planes is matched precisely, then the only lag you're accommodating for is the air resistance that pushes the bullet in the -x direction as it travels between the two (air)planes- which at close range is nearly negligible. The (air)planes, being powered, will maintain their x velocity, but the bullet will slow down as it flies. 

You have to remember that, from a static perspective, the bullets maintain the (air)planes x velocity at start, and thus will seem to travel diagonally.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111676 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:47 am »

I've got some sorta fucked up natural inclinations that make me walk on the balls of my feet naturally. Although less so these days as I had some therapists help me when I was a kid to cut that shit out. I don't really have a normal to compare it to, but it doesn't seeeem to be that bad? On the other hand I sure don't do a lot of running and stuff, so maybe it'd be an issue if I was more physically active.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111677 on: October 25, 2016, 09:52:16 am »

A human foot works just fine with a digitigrade stance (i.e. standing on the balls of one's feet) for short periods of time, but since the muscles haven't evolved to hold one's weight, fatigue is an issue. I actually find myself to be more agile when running barefoot if I keep my heels off the ground, but I couldn't bear standing like that for a whole day.

I'm the opposite - I experience serious pain when forced by shoes to walk plantigrade for too long, and walk with my heels up at all times otherwise. Been that way since I was a kid.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111678 on: October 25, 2016, 09:56:01 am »

When I run, I try to use most of my foot's surface area because I feel that makes me tire less and gives me greater momentum on each step, and try to not end up only using the front part of my feet. This does help a fair bit, mind you, I feel I can run both faster and longer thanks to this, but the back of my feet hurt a fair bit afterwards.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111679 on: October 25, 2016, 10:06:29 am »

I do that too but never really saw it as a problem?  Trying to think of reasons I do it...

I walked barefoot outside a lot growing up, so that part of the foot grew more protective padding (heel cuts or jabs *SUCK* and take forever to heal)
Helps with cold floors in the morning too!
I bicycled a lot which involves transferring force through the same part of the foot (though proper shoes and pedals mitigate that)
Then I ran cross country in high school lol
And after that I got in the habit of wearing hiking boots everywhere, particularly with a lot of heel support.

And doing all this I never really learned to stretch right, so it's partly a range of motion issue.  Apparently most people can bend their knees with their heels on the ground :P  (Okay I exaggerate, but it is a factor).
Huh no wonder I dream about being a deer.  Digitgrade for life!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111680 on: October 25, 2016, 10:23:51 am »

After playing Morrowind, I've wondered what it'd be like to have digitigrade legs as a biped. All I could think of is "it probably really sucks".

Normal feet was probably a pretty good choice by Oblivion. There's probably loads of reasons why upright humanoids with digitigrade legs would never ever work and be teh lazy, and who'd want to miss out on lovely booties if you can worm your way out of it? Puss in Boots, that's me, Champion of Cyrodiil.

I'll engage in a bit of minor furfriendery here; If hooves = digitigrade (or whatever it's called with hooves involved); if paws = normal feet. That's my general tastes on the matter, at least.

why is my imagination able to imagine large angelic feathery wings as a part of my body

Because it's really, really cool, innit? If you do find a way to develop them, would you mind teaching me? It'd be very useful, hop from the balcony and swoop down to the supermarket.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111681 on: October 25, 2016, 10:32:54 am »

why is my imagination able to imagine large angelic feathery wings as a part of my body

Because it's really, really cool, innit? If you do find a way to develop them, would you mind teaching me? It'd be very useful, hop from the balcony and swoop down to the supermarket.
now let's not get too crazy

I might imagine myself to be all kinds of things, but I still have enough reason within me to know that it's all just imagination and does not actually affect physical reality outside of my neural system

also what kind of petty use for angelic wings is this
._.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111682 on: October 25, 2016, 10:39:33 am »

Blair witch bored the f out of me...  dont like ff movies..
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111683 on: October 25, 2016, 10:40:31 am »

Are you descended from celestial beings, Sergarr? It is possible that you're a sorcerer, and can substantiate your metaphorical physiology with enough willpower.
... or at least, that how it would work if I were god of this world. Damn boring low-magic setting.

I tend to imagine myself having gnarly giant claws, or other vaguely magical ripping-and-tearing implements. This is probably just because I'm an edgelord.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111684 on: October 25, 2016, 10:48:40 am »

I might imagine myself to be all kinds of things, but I still have enough reason within me to know that it's all just imagination and does not actually affect physical reality outside of my neural system

I'd like to also swoop off and do some serious Deus Vulting, of course. But I'd need some baccy and drinks first, wouldn't I?

But then again, I imagine wings would come as part of a sort of mortal deputy angel package, and angels are more or less cosmic horror creatures that play for team mankind. There would be side effects, I wager.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111685 on: October 25, 2016, 10:49:10 am »

Petty? You'd be flying above all the people looking up to you, silently wishing that they too had wings, and you can just see that envy in all of their faces as you fly back with groceries.

...I guess it is still pretty petty.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111686 on: October 25, 2016, 10:53:23 am »

I want this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111687 on: October 25, 2016, 10:56:04 am »

Make the real thiiing

It woukd be really coooool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111688 on: October 25, 2016, 10:56:34 am »

So.

Is it better to let a battery drain completely or to turn it off at <5% power or some other point?

I remember looking this up at some point in my life, but I also remember the distinct feeling my IQ used to be 10-15 points higher before I went all drinkhappy.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111689 on: October 25, 2016, 10:58:30 am »

Depends on the battery. With current Lithium-ion tech, it doesn't matter as the only thing that is important is the absolute number of charges. Older batteries had the tendency to form a "memory" if charged too often when not completely empty, permanently degrading capacity.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7444 7445 [7446] 7447 7448 ... 11037