Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7443 7444 [7445] 7446 7447 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486379 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111660 on: October 25, 2016, 06:53:25 am »

Thats the point of nirvana tho, to herp so hard you become one with the universe and thus cease to exist.
I prefer the brand of semi-nirvana proposed by some yogis, in which you disassociate yourself from the cycle of life but still keep enough individuality to exist apart from the whole universe, turning you into a super ghost thing or something.
Yeah I prefer to exist, in some form or another as well.
The mere thought of non-existence terrifies me.
Well nirvana isn't compulsory but I'd assume if you can recall your infinite past lives like the Buddha did and realize that the universe is an endless cycle of the same thing happening again and again then you'd probably get bored and transcend.

Also nirvana might be more like r/seventhworldproblems than oblivion, but as far as our reality is concerned that's the same as not existing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111661 on: October 25, 2016, 07:04:45 am »

I prefer the brand of semi-nirvana proposed by some yogis, in which you disassociate yourself from the cycle of life but still keep enough individuality to exist apart from the whole universe, turning you into a super ghost thing or something.
I believe that's referred to as CHIM.
Funnily enough, CHIM is likely directly based on that brand of yoga ideal. You can read about vivec's descriptions of it and check up some yogi and spiritualist teachings and find that they are almost word for word identical, only less metaphorical and more direct about it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111662 on: October 25, 2016, 08:37:14 am »

why is my imagination able to imagine large angelic feathery wings as a part of my body
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111663 on: October 25, 2016, 08:40:57 am »

why is my imagination able to imagine large angelic feathery wings as a part of my body

...Why wouldn't it be? That's the kind of thing imaginations does.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #111664 on: October 25, 2016, 08:41:51 am »

imaginations deploy vectors with sick skill

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111665 on: October 25, 2016, 08:42:44 am »

maybe your imagination doesn't imagine the wings, it just usually conceals them and you're sometimes able to overcome your imagination and you're an true angel Sergarr

Do you sexually identify as Angelkin?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111666 on: October 25, 2016, 09:03:14 am »

Oops it looks like I prematurely threw out my post

I mean, yes imagining things like that is normal not-WTF worthy thing and I've done it many times before. What's WTF-worthy is that, when I imaginary-touch them in my imagination, I feel permeating softness pretty happy and can also feel these imaginary-wings tense up in response to electrifying sensation me imaginary-touching them.

I'm pretty sure that imaginary objects are not supposed to feel that realistic, nor they're supposed to be that autonomous from my consciousness.

maybe your imagination doesn't imagine the wings, it just usually conceals them and you're sometimes able to overcome your imagination and you're an true angel Sergarr

Do you sexually identify as Angelkin?
Ehehe~

nah I sexually identify as Sergarr, and I think it's just that my imagination is able to affect me on a stupidly large scale after I broke my mind even more than it was before. I've tried it out with, uh, other not-existent things,
, and, uh, it feels somewhat different, but still pretty happy.

...I want to explore more of these unusual feelings...
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111667 on: October 25, 2016, 09:05:26 am »

I am a skeleton trapped in a human body.
Doot me up inside.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111668 on: October 25, 2016, 09:12:30 am »

I am a skeleton trapped in a human body.
Doot me up inside.
I am an artificial intelligence running on hardware made of meat, created by an out of control swarm of self-replicating bio-machines.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111669 on: October 25, 2016, 09:16:42 am »

I feel like I know the sensation of unsheathing cat-like claws from my fingers.  How could I, though?
Not even joking, I was randomly thinking about that yesterday.  I had just trimmed my nails though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111670 on: October 25, 2016, 09:28:23 am »

After playing Morrowind, I've wondered what it'd be like to have digitigrade legs as a biped. All I could think of is "it probably really sucks".
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111671 on: October 25, 2016, 09:32:49 am »

Try walking on your toes for the rest of your life. Not the same but close.

EDIT:
Also, a WTF.
I spotted LoSboccacc on Reddit asking why people don't lead a target... when they're shooting from a plane at a plane while moving at roughly the same speed in the same direction. :s
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:34:50 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111672 on: October 25, 2016, 09:39:40 am »

I'm... pretty sure you'd still have to lead? Unless the shooting plane's directly behind the other one. Could be the point, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111673 on: October 25, 2016, 09:45:46 am »

Wings would be cool :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111674 on: October 25, 2016, 09:45:55 am »

A human foot works just fine with a digitigrade stance (i.e. standing on the balls of one's feet) for short periods of time, but since the muscles haven't evolved to hold one's weight, fatigue is an issue. I actually find myself to be more agile when running barefoot if I keep my heels off the ground, but I couldn't bear standing like that for a whole day.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 7443 7444 [7445] 7446 7447 ... 11037