Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7404 7405 [7406] 7407 7408 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493147 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111075 on: October 15, 2016, 11:33:18 pm »

This is a name.  All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of hellfire:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Barbon

Nicholas If-Jesus-Christ-Had-Not-Died-For-Thee-Thou-Hadst-Been-Damned Barebone

His dad had a masterwork name as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praise-God_Barebone

"Praise-God's reputed Christian name was "Unless-Jesus-Christ-Had-Died-For-Thee-Thou-Hadst-Been-Damned", a variant of his son's middle name."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:38:04 pm by Reelya »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111076 on: October 16, 2016, 12:01:16 am »

Considering many modern Western names are pretty much the same thing, just in different languages, that doesn't strike me as particularly odd. For example, the name John could be translated to English as God-Is-Gracious (from Hebrew Yochanan). Nicholas Barbon's middle name could possibly be shortened to Joshua i.e. God-Is-Salvation.

My own full name turned out to be pretty badass in English when I looked up the etymologies, but understandably I'm not going to post it here.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:03:36 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111077 on: October 16, 2016, 12:17:36 am »

As was mentioned in the comments, it makes the names of characters like Constable Visit-The-Infidel-With-Explainatory-Pamphlets and Smite-The-Unbeliever-With-Cunning-Arguments from Discworld make more sense.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111078 on: October 16, 2016, 05:29:34 am »

I think Zeus just smote something outside my window. It sounded like a cannon went off. And I think it woke me up to. I'm pretty sure I was not awake a few minutes ago. :o

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111079 on: October 16, 2016, 06:10:33 am »

Now I want to name my child 98-Wilfull-Masks-Accuse-The-Unrepentant

Or Will/Wilfred for short.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #111080 on: October 16, 2016, 06:44:47 am »

As was mentioned in the comments, it makes the names of characters like Constable Visit-The-Infidel-With-Explainatory-Pamphlets and Smite-The-Unbeliever-With-Cunning-Arguments from Discworld make more sense.
Looking too far. Around XVIth century or so this kind of names were used in English by Puritans, such as Mr. If-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111081 on: October 16, 2016, 10:16:12 am »

One of the laundromat TVs has Ancient Aliens on. I'm not close enough to hear, but I can tell it's a load of crackpot crap. The intro looked like "OMG! The Mars Rover took a B/W photo of what may be a vaguely pyramid-shaped rock in the distance! It must be aliens!"

The next part looked as though they were comparing the human brain's shape to the shape of planet Earth, and a 3D model of the neuron map to the galaxy, therefore ALIENS! People make money on this stuff?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111082 on: October 16, 2016, 10:56:21 am »

One of the laundromat TVs has Ancient Aliens on. I'm not close enough to hear, but I can tell it's a load of crackpot crap. The intro looked like "OMG! The Mars Rover took a B/W photo of what may be a vaguely pyramid-shaped rock in the distance! It must be aliens!"

The next part looked as though they were comparing the human brain's shape to the shape of planet Earth, and a 3D model of the neuron map to the galaxy, therefore ALIENS! People make money on this stuff?
I'm certain you hold equally nutty beliefs. If you are bothered by the Ancient Aliens, be comforted by the knowledge that many people are ignorant and dis-informed, so it should be possible to educate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111083 on: October 16, 2016, 11:01:15 am »

Went to a noodle place for lunch.

It's great, but I'm pretty sure they put a mild sedative in the food. After leaving I started to feel drowsy.
I think that's just tobacco.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111084 on: October 16, 2016, 12:18:08 pm »

I'm certain you hold equally nutty beliefs. If you are bothered by the Ancient Aliens, be comforted by the knowledge that many people are ignorant and dis-informed, so it should be possible to educate.

'cept there've been studies that have show that providing people with evidence contrary to their beliefs actually makes them believe their side more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111085 on: October 16, 2016, 12:41:10 pm »

'cept there've been studies that have show that providing people with evidence contrary to their beliefs actually makes them believe their side more.

It still is possible to educate them. It's just that it will be a lot harder and you have to use different methods.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111086 on: October 16, 2016, 12:44:22 pm »

It still is possible to educate them. It's just that it will be a lot harder and you have to use different methods.

Tying them to chairs and hitting them with sticks 'til they relent? :P

Education generally requires consent to really be effective. If someone doesn't want to learn, chances are they're not going to learn.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111087 on: October 16, 2016, 01:19:15 pm »

I think Zeus just smote something outside my window. It sounded like a cannon went off. And I think it woke me up to. I'm pretty sure I was not awake a few minutes ago. :o
Last time we had a lightning strike that close to the house it ignited all of the insulation along our antenna wire.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111089 on: October 16, 2016, 03:13:03 pm »

Hilldog is a smooth talker.
Trumps a smooth criminal.

You been hit by, youve been struck by... take your pick, neither will feel good in the morning.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 7404 7405 [7406] 7407 7408 ... 11037