Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7382 7383 [7384] 7385 7386 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437439 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110745 on: October 10, 2016, 02:11:15 am »

You sure it wasn't an Irvine Welsh story?

Edit: 'The Cruel Bastard and the Selfish Fucker Get It On', that's the one.
More seriously though, that show sounds somewhat interesting. Do you remember if it was any good? 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:14:34 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110746 on: October 10, 2016, 02:25:31 am »

"You're the worst", it's called.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110747 on: October 10, 2016, 02:34:45 am »

Ooh thanks, I'll have to watch it. Even though it sounds like it could get rather depressing as opposed to just awkward, dark comedy. :P
"Terrifyingly real" is part of the review quote featured on its IMDB page. Gosh. The last "terrifyingly real" shows I've watched lately were BoJack Horseman and Wilfred, starring a human horse and a guy in a dog suit who's actually a hallucination, respectively. This sounds pretty good!

Edit: Watched the trailer. Yep, probably depressing. Yep, I'll probably watch it anyway. >.>
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:59:07 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110748 on: October 10, 2016, 04:45:38 am »

BoJack is a show that I laugh a lot watching, and feel incredibly depressed after. It's probably not a healthy show for me.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110749 on: October 10, 2016, 04:54:12 am »

BoJack is a show that I laugh a lot watching, and feel incredibly depressed after. It's probably not a healthy show for me.
I know, right? And the genius part is, it just feels like a dumb, irreverent comedy until you really think about it. Then it hurts us in ways we didn't know we could be hurt.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110750 on: October 10, 2016, 04:59:36 am »

Is it a good hurt? Also why are your avatars so spooky Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110751 on: October 10, 2016, 05:16:19 am »

Is it a good hurt? Also why are your avatars so spooky Yoink
Well, I keep watching the show, so I guess it must be. Although I'm not quite so sure about the second season so far...
As for my avatars, I just like to keep at the cutting edge of avatar innovation. Ain't it lovely?

In a completely unrelated WTF, my housemate(s) just offered me to watch TV with them. I asked what they were watching, and as far as I heard they said "X Files". I was surprised, y'know, I've only seen a couple episodes of that supposed classic myself.
I said something like, "What, are those like super old episodes?" and the guy said something along the lines of, "Nah, new ones."

After a non-committal answer that pre-emptively resolved me of any social guilt from this refused invitation, I began absently playing with my housemate's cat in the lounge/living room. After a short while, I heard music coming from TV speakers- seemingly from the kind of-ostracised houesmate as well, who seems to be mostly keeping to his room- music that was terrible, awful, music that was pop music and other such atrocities.

It then, or slightly after then, belatedly occurred to me that my impaired hearing had caused me to hear "X-Files" when my housemate had in fact said "X Factor". Son of a bitch. It is not bad enough that I live in a household of disgusting rednecks with awful musical taste, now they watch gross reality shows/talent shows, too? Ugh.
I was all drunk and stuff and prepared to actually socialize with these creeps, too.
Didn't expect 'em to just throw a new reason for disliking them at my face.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110752 on: October 10, 2016, 05:25:02 am »

I just noticed that a shortcut to the Google Earth program placed itself on my desktop. I installed Google Earth years ago, but removed the desktop shortcut to save clutter. I have no idea where it came from.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110753 on: October 10, 2016, 07:30:39 am »

Holy cow!

So I am watching a show "A Flower in Prison" and I am just going to say... Torture must be a currency in Joseon because I don't think we get two episodes in a row without it.

Now the women are particularly TERRIBLE at selling torture (yes... they show the torture... They have only skipped the torture scene like once)...

So this one woman gets tortured and she can sell it alright and I was like "Wow, she can really sell it"

Cut back in a few minutes later and she is really wailing and then I am like "Ok ok! I forgive you women! please PLEASE go back to underselling it!"

GOODNESS! I never thought I'd beg a show to go back to bad acting.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110754 on: October 10, 2016, 08:56:03 am »

I know, right? And the genius part is, it just feels like a dumb, irreverent comedy until you really think about it. Then it hurts us in ways we didn't know we could be hurt.    
Seriously!  Though it does have moments of hope, too, which almost make it even more painful.  And then it's also funny.

As for jerk waifus, hm...  Toss up between Naru of Love Hina (She's nice, until she kicks you into the sun!) and Lelouch Vi Britannia (Basically I want Sasuke's job).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110755 on: October 10, 2016, 10:19:44 am »

Windows is literally putting advertisements in the start menu of an OS I paid for.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110756 on: October 10, 2016, 10:26:24 am »

They also put them on the login screen.

In other WTF news, why the hell does no TV show or movie I can find that mentions the A4 missile refer to it as such, even as an aside? They always just use V2, which for something that talks about the space race is a bit strange.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110757 on: October 10, 2016, 10:45:00 am »

Windows is literally putting advertisements in the start menu of an OS I paid for.
Isn't there a thread for this?

You can remove them, by the way.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110758 on: October 10, 2016, 11:52:57 am »

I almost made a post in the politics thread. I think I'm losing my mind.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110759 on: October 10, 2016, 12:06:00 pm »

It's alright. I go to political threads to comfort-cry, mostly. Maybe share some notes and impressions from my point of view that might interest other Bay dwellers. But mostly to cry. It's impotent grief.

...Hold me, while I weep for ze fatherland...
Pages: 1 ... 7382 7383 [7384] 7385 7386 ... 11040