Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7381 7382 [7383] 7384 7385 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431841 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110730 on: October 09, 2016, 04:50:01 pm »

hoo boi

Saw a flier today.  One 'Chief Keef' is performing for the 'Jerk Jam' this weekend.

oh my.  i hope sir assalot makes an appearance too
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110731 on: October 09, 2016, 04:50:54 pm »

Ooooook >_< Economics continues to be very complex

Apparently illegal immigrants create jobs by taking job.

Not that I doubt this (an economically advantageous employee allows companies to expand creating new jobs)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110732 on: October 09, 2016, 04:57:30 pm »

Dey... created mah jerb?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110733 on: October 09, 2016, 05:20:28 pm »

they dont mention that the money poorly integrated illegals make tends to be spent on their own subculture, resulting in a multiple undernorished economies with relatively small overlap.

it creates poverty and poor quality products and predators.  ie capitalism

one on the tenents of politics is controling exactly who has the money ==> influence in society.

and welfare.  howdo welfare for immigrants who are undocumented
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110734 on: October 09, 2016, 05:53:23 pm »

Math instuctor didn't post the video of friday's lecture. How am I to figure it out without video to follow!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110735 on: October 09, 2016, 05:54:52 pm »

Math instuctor didn't post the video of friday's lecture. How am I to figure it out without video to follow!?
Ask your instructor for help in this regard

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110736 on: October 09, 2016, 06:32:20 pm »

Not that I doubt this (an economically advantageous employee allows companies to expand creating new jobs)
I mean the turk err jerbs argument is asinine in the first place. The jobs that were lost were lost to multinationals exploiting cheap labor in SEA, the jobs that migrant workers fill are shitty jobs that most Americans weren't willing to do. Illegal immigrants aren't getting cushy factory jobs with mid-20th century pay and benefits, they're not living high on the hog like the fuckin' Boomers did.

Not to mention that the influx of latin@ migrant workers is pretty much all our fault anyways, ever since Bubba signed NAFTA and U.S. agricorps flooded Mexico with cheap food imports, driving tens of thousands of small-farmers out of business in the process.

Free Trade: Fucking everyone who isn't a wealthy capitalist in an established economic position of power since the death of mercantilism.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #110737 on: October 09, 2016, 09:12:39 pm »

Free Trade: Fucking everyone who isn't a wealthy capitalist in an established economic position of power since the death of mercantilism.

Are there any feasible alternatives you can think of that could easily be implemented?

I'll settle for one out of the two since I can't think of any myself because I don't know shit about economics.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110738 on: October 09, 2016, 09:54:58 pm »

Are there any feasible alternatives you can think of that could easily be implemented?

I'll settle for one out of the two since I can't think of any myself because I don't know shit about economics.

Like most things, there's no right answer and the best approximate is probably somewhere in the middle ground. Strong protectionist trade policy is good for fledgling economies, but once your industries are strong enough to compete internationally it's often a net loss. For developing countries I'd say that South Korea is probably a good model, from what I know of how they transitioned from a pre-industrial economy to a strong post-industrial economy. If they don't do something like that, they tend to end up stuck as primary economies, producing and exporting solely raw materials.

Once you're established you typically still want some degree of protectionism to keep key industries alive, but some degree of competition from free or semi-free trade is also important to keep quality and efficiency standards up. Aside from the poison of labor costs in a global free market, free trade (like all unrestricted capitalism) tends to trend towards minimizing costs rather than maximizing quality -- you don't get great products produced fairly efficiently, you get dirt-cheap crap mass-produced for everyone who isn't rich. You don't get companies building bases of loyal, skilled, experienced employees or Q&A standards for production and materials, you get companies running a continual treadmill of whoever is cheapest using whatever the cheapest materials and lowest standards they can get away with are.

The idea of the free market as a net positive is just as fallacious and ideologically driven as the idea of a total command economy as the same. Both implicitly assume that the responsible parties are ethical and prioritize social benefit when they're typically actually unethical and driven by laziness and greed. That's why mixed economies are best: the state and the companies check the excesses of the opposite parties, which tends to maximize the beneficial aspects of each. Some things are flatly better when run by the state (healthcare, emergency services, military, prisons, &c.), others are flatly better when run by private enterprise (production of luxury goods, entertainment, &c.). In almost all cases monopolies are poisonous and to be avoided, and in those where they aren't they're typically state services with a good degree of oversight. The worst situation is with stuff like private prisons and licensed-out utilities, since you've got stuff that's safest when state-run with high oversight being run by private companies with minimal oversight.

3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110739 on: October 10, 2016, 12:37:32 am »

Damnit, I think I've fallen in love with a fictional character.
I thought this kind of shit only happened to weaboos and literature students. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110740 on: October 10, 2016, 12:45:11 am »

Don't let anyone stand between you and your your pure and perfect waifu, Yoink.

3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110741 on: October 10, 2016, 12:46:45 am »

I thought this kind of shit only happened to weaboos and literature students. >:(
It certainly should. Who's the skirt?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110742 on: October 10, 2016, 01:20:05 am »

Everybody has at least one.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110743 on: October 10, 2016, 01:51:13 am »

It certainly should. Who's the skirt?
Well, I wasn't entirely serious, but: Hannah from Siblings, a cancelled BBC TV series I found the first season of yesterday on Netflix, for some reason.
She's just so, ah, what's the word... so unforgivingly (and, often, unforgivably) awful to pretty much everyone. It's incredibly endearing. Perhaps "fallen in love" was something of an exaggeration, but she and her brother are both such adorably horrible, self-centred people. I certainly have fallen in love with the show itself, and to learn of its tragic cancellation after having watched just the first six episodes was heartbreaking indeed. My heart, it is broken. Broken beyond repair.

I always greatly enjoy this kind of show and this one has British accents (it is always hilarious seeing English folk, oft hailed as the guardians of the English language and the pinnacle of Anglo-Saxon intellectualism*, mispronounce the word "yoghurt"), likeable characters, consistent laughs, a cool setting, snappy outfits, and, and... did I mention British people trying to say yoghurt?! Oh man it cracks me up every time hahaha. xD

* Is that a thing? I don't know, I just made it up. How terribly un-intellectualistical of me.
Shit I'm rambling nonsensically on the internet about some TV show. What am I doing? How have I come to this?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110744 on: October 10, 2016, 02:09:34 am »

There was some other show which had two awful people who began dating because they were too terrible of human beings for anyone else.
But I can't remember the name.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 7381 7382 [7383] 7384 7385 ... 11039