Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7154 7155 [7156] 7157 7158 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476013 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107325 on: August 06, 2016, 10:29:23 pm »

My wrist suddenly, out of nowhere, started hurting much more than normal. So much so that I have to wear my splint and probably couldn't play any games that require a lot of mouse movement. It isn't usually this bad at all.
Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Probably, that's what my mother told me it was the moment I first told her my wrist hurt.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107326 on: August 06, 2016, 11:14:04 pm »

Gotta get up relatively early tomorrow for family reunion...
Considering launching a new ToME2 (roguelike) character before bed
haha, brain come on.  Gotta be more subtle than that about the sabotage!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107327 on: August 06, 2016, 11:46:29 pm »

My wrist suddenly, out of nowhere, started hurting much more than normal. So much so that I have to wear my splint and probably couldn't play any games that require a lot of mouse movement. It isn't usually this bad at all.
Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Probably, that's what my mother told me it was the moment I first told her my wrist hurt.

Carpal tunnel is actually a pretty specific nerve injury that generally involves pain/numbness/tingling in the fingers and thumb. Careful not to mix it up with repetitive strain injuries, which are a more general category and include stuff like tendonitis and a lot of other mixed fun muscle/tendon/nerve stuff.

I'd go into more detail but typing hurts too much right now. >_>

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107328 on: August 07, 2016, 01:06:02 am »

Avitus and Tarkus had really good ones, in different ways.  So many ways to be corrupted.
Thaddeus's was better than I expected, though.  I expected rage like Avitus, but actually no...  It was more like Tarkus, and tied into the end of the original DoW2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCdXPR_s2s

The road to hell...
I like Jonah's better, mostly because it's not "I am evil now!" and instead "was possessed all along".
Of course, there's always the super-spoilery 100% purity traitor. He would be the most awesome if he wasn't also brutally hard.
I think I got tarkus the first time, and then the purity traitor the second time.
Oh, what the hell. It's been nearly eight years. Martellus, right?

Seeing the other badguy endings is actually pretty cool.
(Truthfully I always hated Jonah. Getting to just drop in during the chaos expansion, like the whole Tyranid war wasn't even his problem. The kill team was bonded in blood and battle and the librarian just kicks in like 'howdy fellas'.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:11:00 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107329 on: August 07, 2016, 01:38:33 am »

Fucking Windows taking away my fucking keyboard shortcuts. Backspace no longer makes my browser go back a page, and the alternative shortcut doesn't work.

Thanks Obama.

Edit: oh the alternative does work, but it's a fucking hassle to press. Why the fuck do I want to press alt and the right arrow to go back when FUCKING BACKSPACE IS RIGHT THERE. Jesus fuck man whoever decided this was a good idea needs a brick to the face.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #107330 on: August 07, 2016, 01:42:02 am »

Fucking Windows taking away my fucking keyboard shortcuts. Backspace no longer makes my browser go back a page, and the alternative shortcut doesn't work.

Thanks Obama.
Yeah, Chrome devs disabled it.

Still works on Firefox :P

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107331 on: August 07, 2016, 02:11:11 am »

Carpal tunnel syndrome?

Carpal tunnel is actually a pretty specific nerve injury that generally involves pain/numbness/tingling in the fingers and thumb. Careful not to mix it up with repetitive strain injuries, which are a more general category and include stuff like tendonitis and a lot of other mixed fun muscle/tendon/nerve stuff.

I'd go into more detail but typing hurts too much right now. >_>
Yeah, that seems more likely, I honestly had doubts since my mother tends to just tell me stuff and then act like there's nothing we can possibly do about it.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107332 on: August 07, 2016, 02:16:10 am »

Thanks Obama.

Quote from: idiot dev
The reason we're making this change is that users regularly lose data because they hit the backspace button thinking that a form field is focused. After years of this issue, we realize we're not going to have a better way to solve that problem.

What users? Idiot users. Punish the people who adapt to a problem by changing their fucking behaviour instead of blaming someone else. I don't even know why I'm so furious about this.

Looks like I'll be giving Safari a try. Try that for a change in behaviour.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107333 on: August 07, 2016, 02:46:48 am »

I don't think its entirely idiot users, there have been various websites I have used that try to do funky things with form elements, which screws with some of the keyboard shortcuts.

Speaking of which, when the google homepage finishes loading, it automatically activates the search box (unlike any other website I know of). So if I start typing before the page has finished loading, it moves the cursor back to the beginning of the box and butchers my input.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107334 on: August 07, 2016, 03:01:11 am »

yeah having an extremely common typing key also delete anything you typed on that page is pretty dumb. at least spacebar just scrolls down.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107335 on: August 07, 2016, 03:06:04 am »

Thanks Obama.

The reason we're making this change is that users regularly lose data because they hit the backspace button thinking that a form field is focused. After years of this issue, we realize we're not going to have a better way to solve that problem.

What users? Idiot users. Punish the people who adapt to a problem by changing their fucking behaviour instead of blaming someone else. I don't even know why I'm so furious about this.

I would not consider myself an idiot, yet that happens to me all the time. In what way is that punishing you? You lose how many seconds to move the mouse and click the back button? Whereas people who accidentally hit that key and go back a page (granted, usually it isn't lost if you go forward again immediately) tend to lose how much time?

Then again, I never really use shortcuts anyway. *shrug*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107336 on: August 07, 2016, 03:30:19 am »

Just making it an option would appease everyone
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107337 on: August 07, 2016, 05:32:41 am »

...I didn't even know backspace did that.

I use a five-button mouse, and the two extra buttons work as page-back and page-forward.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107338 on: August 07, 2016, 08:17:27 am »

They... could try to just make a competent browser that doesn't immediately delete everything you typed the moment you leave the page? Or has the option for it, at least. Know opera classic is pretty good at that, and if an old and no longer supported browser can do it...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107339 on: August 07, 2016, 10:16:37 am »

Thanks Obama.

I would not consider myself an idiot, yet that happens to me all the time. In what way is that punishing you? You lose how many seconds to move the mouse and click the back button? Whereas people who accidentally hit that key and go back a page (granted, usually it isn't lost if you go forward again immediately) tend to lose how much time?

Then again, I never really use shortcuts anyway. *shrug*

'Tis my most used keyboard shortcut. I may only lose a few seconds per effort, but that effort is likely to occur multiple times per browsing session.

It was also 2am, I may have over-reacted :P but I didn't because it's a stupid decision. There are multiple alternative (alright, two other) delete keys on a keyboard, and you could also highlight whatever you want to go away.

Backspace was the quickest shortcut to go back a page, particularly since I use the mouse with my left hand. As OW said, making it an option to turn it off would've appeased both sides.

Yes I know it's not a big deal, but it also totally is a big deal.

Pages: 1 ... 7154 7155 [7156] 7157 7158 ... 11037