Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7155 7156 [7157] 7158 7159 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474081 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107340 on: August 07, 2016, 10:42:10 am »

Gotta get up relatively early tomorrow for family reunion...
Considering launching a new ToME2 (roguelike) character before bed
haha, brain come on.  Gotta be more subtle than that about the sabotage!
I didn't play any game, or drink, but I did get seriously ill and failed to make it anyway.
... Well played, but I really regret missing this.  Even if I was dreading the 4 hour drive each way.
Feeling a lot of shame right now, got to push through it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107341 on: August 07, 2016, 11:01:26 am »

'Tis my most used keyboard shortcut. I may only lose a few seconds per effort, but that effort is likely to occur multiple times per browsing session.
Huh. It would've never occurred to me that the backspace would do that. I'm used to being closer to the bottom edge of my laptop keyboard when I'm not typing, so Alt+Left/Right is almost automatic for navigating tab history. Plus my PageDown/PageUp buttons are right by my arrow keys, so Ctrl+(one of those) is really fast for switching between tabs, and then on the other side there's Ctrl+W for closing a tab, Ctrl+T for opening one... the Backspace key is just way too outta the way.

I'm sure there's probably a browser extension that restores its function for you, though. Those usually crop up really quickly after most horrible/great changes =P
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107342 on: August 07, 2016, 11:17:57 am »

I also use alt-left and alt-right, and it's because I got burned by backspace:  In Windows 2000 and XP, probably earlier (and possibly in Redhat Linux), backspace would make you navigate UP a level instead of back.  In Vista and 7 this was subtly changed to back.

This was maddening for a while, especially since it was so similar it was easy to forget sometimes.  Sure it makes slightly more sense, but I don't think they should have changed it after so many years.  Anybody who cares about it has already learned it.

But eh, alt-left/right/up do make more sense anyway.  Easy to browse back for a second then forward again.

As for the clicking time...  Laptop mice suck.  Especially the Thinkpad clitmouse I got used to using, which would literally bruise and abrade my finger.  Keyboard shortcuts save a little time, but they just feel a lot better to me at this point.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107343 on: August 07, 2016, 11:22:32 am »

They... could try to just make a competent browser that doesn't immediately delete everything you typed the moment you leave the page? Or has the option for it, at least. Know opera classic is pretty good at that, and if an old and no longer supported browser can do it...
Well yeah, but the prevalence of Javascript means that it's very hard to make a comprehensive solution.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107344 on: August 07, 2016, 11:25:06 am »

M4 is far superior to Alt-Left or Backspace.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107345 on: August 07, 2016, 11:34:15 am »

^

I have never accidentally deleted a partially-written post with M4.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #107346 on: August 07, 2016, 11:39:08 am »

^

The magazine kinda gets in the way when you type though.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107347 on: August 07, 2016, 12:02:17 pm »

^

The magazine kinda gets in the way when you type though.
Try the M4A1. Types way faster and you can move the magazine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107348 on: August 07, 2016, 12:07:08 pm »

I've always been more a fan of the old ww1 bolt action .22 rifles for typing.  Grandpa passed one down to me to use on his old type writer and it just kinda stuck.
Nom nom nom

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107349 on: August 07, 2016, 12:08:16 pm »

> 2016
> Not posting with a flamethrower
She/they

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107350 on: August 07, 2016, 12:36:01 pm »

You guys are all relics, its all about that railgun typing now.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #107351 on: August 07, 2016, 12:38:26 pm »

> 2016
> Not posting with a flamethrower

>posting with a flamethrower
you tryin to cause a flame war?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107352 on: August 07, 2016, 05:22:08 pm »

Well, today was mentally exhausting. My PC had been shutting down on it's own for two days now, but only after a lot of time. I thought it was dust. And there was copious quantities of dust. After cleaning it, the problem persisted. Check the CPU's thermal paste. Turns out it was time to change the paste, so got that done. Still the shutdowns. Well, turns out my CPU is in its death throes. Got a way weaker CPU borrowed and no shutdowns. Bummer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107353 on: August 07, 2016, 05:44:40 pm »

Battle Girls: Time Paradox is an anime that I'm almost certain nobody cares about. I've never heard anybody talk about it, it's a terrible fantasy adventure with boring episodes and boring characters. It's based on a bloody pachinko machine. It's not even that sexy, despite its main selling point being T&A.

Yet it has probably my favorite opening song ever. Here's the TV cut on some weird music website because they're very diligent about copyright-striking any and all content on any website.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107354 on: August 07, 2016, 06:20:36 pm »

That thing is only playing for one second then stopping.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7155 7156 [7157] 7158 7159 ... 11037