Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7121 7122 [7123] 7124 7125 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480326 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106830 on: July 29, 2016, 06:42:24 pm »

Hormoine

In all fairness that is what most people reduce her role to in the movie. Since they took out almost all her best scenes from the book.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106831 on: July 29, 2016, 06:43:32 pm »

Hormoine
Well, there are quite a lot of fanfics out there where it's a pretty apt nickname...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106832 on: July 29, 2016, 06:44:44 pm »

I personally prefer B'loody Mary Smith.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106833 on: July 29, 2016, 06:51:11 pm »

Spoiler: Welp, this happened (click to show/hide)

It's kind of strange to think that Harry's kid has Ron and Hormoine as an aunt and uncle

It is strange... because Ron and Hermoine aren't James', Lily's, and Albus' uncle and aunt.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106834 on: July 29, 2016, 06:53:12 pm »

Hormoine
Oh come on, you're gonna focus on this and not Neo's repeated use of "Hairy Potter"?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106835 on: July 29, 2016, 06:54:00 pm »

You're a Hairy Wizard!
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106836 on: July 29, 2016, 06:56:49 pm »

The adventure of Hairy and Hormione.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106837 on: July 29, 2016, 06:58:06 pm »

It's kind of strange to think that Harry's kid has Ron and Hormoine as an aunt and uncle

It is strange... because Ron and Hermoine aren't James', Lily's, and Albus' uncle and aunt.
Uh. Harry married Ginny, who is Ron's sister. Ron married Hermione. Ergo, Harry's and Ginny's kids are Ron's and Hermione's nephews and niece.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106838 on: July 29, 2016, 07:16:07 pm »

*redacted because I'm dumb*
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106839 on: July 29, 2016, 07:33:57 pm »

*redacted because I'm dumb*

...Apparently I am too. :-[
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106840 on: July 29, 2016, 07:37:54 pm »

That's okay, we can be dumb together!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106841 on: July 29, 2016, 07:42:35 pm »

I don't know anything about Harry Potter.

Before a couple days ago, I'd heard a lot about Space Engineers but didnt know shit about what you actually did or what it was, but I was curious so I looked at a couple of videos. Now I'm convinced that I need it because it looks so fucking cool, but I keep hearing shit about how the devs barely ever add anything or how it performs badly or how it's wicked buggy. This is less of a "WTF" moment and more of a "WTF DO I DO" moment.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106842 on: July 29, 2016, 07:49:51 pm »

I don't know anything about Harry Potter.

Before a couple days ago, I'd heard a lot about Space Engineers but didnt know shit about what you actually did or what it was, but I was curious so I looked at a couple of videos. Now I'm convinced that I need it because it looks so fucking cool, but I keep hearing shit about how the devs barely ever add anything or how it performs badly or how it's wicked buggy. This is less of a "WTF" moment and more of a "WTF DO I DO" moment.
I play with it modded to shit and back and I've never encountered a bug or glitch that I noticed as such, so I seriously doubt that there's much of an issue in vanilla.

Unless you're talking about multiplayer, not enough people on for me to have any real experience with that.

Just, uh. Fair warning. It's like someone took the most boring parts of all the Elite/Freelancer-esque games and made it into a game, then added construction. It can get really engaging and immersive, but at the end of the day you're spending hours staring at space rocks and welding/grinding bits of hull together. So that you can have a bigger ship with which to poke space rocks and a better base to park it at. The opening bits of a survival save are tense and fun (if you didn't pick any of the pussy-mode starts that give you more than a crap ship/wreck and a few minutes of fuel and air), but that's about it for pressure.

Combat's a joke, to the point that all important AI-controlled ships are booby-trapped to explode if you use their thrusters at all, because it's taken for granted that anyone even mildly competent can successfully board even the most heavily armed ones.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106843 on: July 29, 2016, 07:54:36 pm »

"Wickedly buggy" may be a point of perception, or hardware. I rarely see any of the bugs that some people describe, and may of the complaints appear to result from poor understanding of either the game mechanics or engine limitations.

The rage at the devs is mostly undeserved. In recent months they've basically switched to a bugfix mindset rather than more features. While people seem to be angry at this, prior to that they were angry that they were adding features instead of fixing bugs - often these are the same people. Keen Software House CEO Marek Rosa(?), however, is apparently a tremendous ass who has made extremely poor design choices to fit with his own garbage aesthetics, and the actual dev team doesn't really want to try and go against on account of the fact he signs their paychecks.

Combat's a joke, to the point that all important AI-controlled ships are booby-trapped to explode if you use their thrusters at all, because it's taken for granted that anyone even mildly competent can successfully board even the most heavily armed ones.

I've yet to encounter a booby-trapped cargo ship - I started playing after cargo ships were removed, and have since been re-added. Then again, I've only grabbed three randomly generated ships: two pirate Argentavis-class drone-builders that I disabled via godmode, and a Christine-class explorer ship that was randomly sitting space(probably not an actual cargo ship). None were booby-trapped.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106844 on: July 29, 2016, 08:01:18 pm »

It's main issues are that the game doesn't really give you goals other than "build enough to survive", and the physics can freak out in multiplayer. If you can make some of your own Fun, and you can accept that network play is going to be a bit wonky, it's a great game.
Pages: 1 ... 7121 7122 [7123] 7124 7125 ... 11037