Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7080 7081 [7082] 7083 7084 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476761 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106215 on: July 19, 2016, 08:32:14 pm »

Currently reading A Paradise Built in Hell. It's required reading, because I definitely wouldn't have read more than three pages if I didn't have to. The author has come to the conclusion that the no one noticed how shitty total war against civilians, in the same sentence as newly erected Civil War monuments. Apparently "a best book of the year by the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, New Yorker, San Francisco Chronicle, Washington Post, and Chicago Tribune" doesn't require basic historical knowledge, logic, or any semblance of sense.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106216 on: July 19, 2016, 09:20:45 pm »

Currently reading A Paradise Built in Hell. It's required reading, because I definitely wouldn't have read more than three pages if I didn't have to. The author has come to the conclusion that the no one noticed how shitty total war against civilians, in the same sentence as newly erected Civil War monuments. Apparently "a best book of the year by the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, New Yorker, San Francisco Chronicle, Washington Post, and Chicago Tribune" doesn't require basic historical knowledge, logic, or any semblance of sense.
You're talking about "A Paradise Built in Hell: The Extraordinary Communities That Arise in Disaster" I assume? It's what comes up when google searching "A Paradise Built in Hell".

Seems like the book is geared more towards the feel-good emotional nature of people making the best out of a shitty situation. Who needs logic or history if you want to write a book that makes people feel good, right?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106217 on: July 19, 2016, 09:45:03 pm »

This was pretty cringeworthy to anyone who knows IT.
The augur hurts my soul.  That has knocked the internet and voip phones out in an area for days.  Maybe even weeks depending on how long it takes to get replacement cabling.

"Yea lets just report this as a node outage. No need to go into detail about what actually happened."
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106219 on: July 19, 2016, 10:18:55 pm »

This was pretty cringeworthy to anyone who knows IT.
These images physically hurt me.

Also that new imgur layout is hideous. Good way to keep me from reading the comments section, at least.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106220 on: July 19, 2016, 11:11:07 pm »

They hurt my sides
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106223 on: July 19, 2016, 11:58:07 pm »

...To provide more content of the type given in that comment and point out the source where many of those images came from?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106224 on: July 20, 2016, 12:20:50 am »

Why are there so many stock photos of people soldering motherboards
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106225 on: July 20, 2016, 12:25:13 am »

TECHNOLOGY

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106226 on: July 20, 2016, 03:35:35 am »

So Ramza is interesting (FFT's main character)

Guess what? His official art STILL makes him look like a woman!

Newest model even makes him look like he has a pair of A-cups.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106227 on: July 20, 2016, 04:28:09 am »

Presumably not from now bulging breastceps?
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106228 on: July 20, 2016, 04:47:05 am »

Woke up to one of the detectors upstairs going off. Smoke or Carbon Monoxide, I'm not sure which. Took me a few minutes to zero in on it, by which point it stopped. It started up again, and I found it. I woke up my stepdad to alert him - was actually awake in bed, but hell if I know how he didn't hear it - and as he approached the door doing up the stairs it stopped and hasn't gone off since.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106229 on: July 20, 2016, 04:51:49 am »

Presumably not from now bulging breastceps?

It is one thing to be lithe...

But Ramza has probably become one of the most androgynous characters I've seen where you are meant to be able to identify their gender.
Pages: 1 ... 7080 7081 [7082] 7083 7084 ... 11037