Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6948 6949 [6950] 6951 6952 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469332 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104235 on: June 15, 2016, 11:18:07 am »

I'm sure there must be a cockandballs sculpture somewhere which is considered a great work of art.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104236 on: June 15, 2016, 11:24:55 am »

Fun fact about Black Square: it was originally named “Negroes battling in a cave”, and was, most likely, a reference to another picture by a French artist, named "Negroes fighting in a cellar at night".

I'm not making this up.
._.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104237 on: June 15, 2016, 11:26:24 am »

Looking in more detail apparently the winning cheetos are specifically shaped (as in not random) and are specially marked.  An example given is one that looks like the statue of liberty. 

Still it's a cheeto though, and the example cheeto still has the proportions you'd expect from a cheeto so it still doesn't seem easy to spot.  How closely do they think we examine our cheetoes when eating them?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104238 on: June 15, 2016, 11:27:45 am »

Malevich said art depicting nature “resembles something alive as much as skirts resemble a woman.”

Fuck off, dead guy.

How closely do they think we examine our cheetoes when eating them?

Very closely, with your tongue and your teeth, of course.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104239 on: June 15, 2016, 11:32:43 am »

In all fairness when the paintings were made "Negro" was yet to be considered an offensive term.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104240 on: June 15, 2016, 11:35:57 am »

How closely do they think we examine our cheetoes when eating them?

Very closely, with your tongue and your teeth, of course.
I've yet to find one that tastes like a work of art, though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104241 on: June 15, 2016, 11:40:07 am »

In all fairness when the paintings were made "Negro" was yet to be considered an offensive term.
And it was not just "not offensive", it was widely considered to be an actual progressive and scientific term from the race theory, which undeniably proved that there were "lesser races", and that stupid backwards unscientific religion was dumb for trying to treat them as equals to the White Anglo-saxons.

I'm not exactly sure on the last one, but I'm, like, almost certain that there was at least one person who used racism to bash Christianity for trying to treat converted Africans just like any other human beings who were Christian.
._.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #104242 on: June 15, 2016, 11:51:35 am »

In terms of global Christianity you could use examples to make it sound progressive on race or horrible on race.  It all depends on location or denomination or even what the local priest/pastor thinks.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104243 on: June 15, 2016, 12:03:20 pm »

In terms of global Christianity you could use examples to make it sound progressive on race or horrible on race.  It all depends on location or denomination or even what the local priest/pastor thinks.
Yeah.  There are modern examples, even.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104244 on: June 15, 2016, 12:20:16 pm »

I'm sure there must be a cockandballs sculpture somewhere which is considered a great work of art.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #104245 on: June 15, 2016, 12:33:06 pm »

This game
http://www.achrongame.com/site/index.php
Woah, what? How the hell do they pull that off?
They run several instances of game at the same time, plus an overarching engine to fit them together.

The multiplayer game strategy is quite borked, though. It mostly revolves around who manages to teleport units so far back in time that the enemy is unable to respond to a horde of units destroying their base. Most of the time, whoever does that wins.

Also, oh god the pathfinding is really atrocious. It's like, Warcraft 2 level of bad.

I'm so glad I saw this post. now I have a new fun game to play.... once download is complete.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104246 on: June 15, 2016, 12:41:39 pm »

Good luck with the pathfinding!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104247 on: June 15, 2016, 12:48:04 pm »

On the one hand, got flirted with by someone who was cute, adorkable, and even more socially awkward than me. On the other hand, she was a pathological liar who kept aping senpai-pls-notice-me mannerisms. Let's hear it for cognitive dissonance.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104248 on: June 15, 2016, 12:51:44 pm »

On the one hand, got flirted with by someone who was cute, adorkable, and even more socially awkward than me. On the other hand, she was a pathological liar who kept aping senpai-pls-notice-me mannerisms. Let's hear it for cognitive dissonance.

Careful, she might be a yandere. ;)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104249 on: June 15, 2016, 12:53:12 pm »

Or other -dere.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 6948 6949 [6950] 6951 6952 ... 11037