Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6946 6947 [6948] 6949 6950 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468198 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104205 on: June 14, 2016, 01:39:36 am »

Ok one last Voltron thing. It was the part of the episode that drove me nuts.

So at one point they need to repair a console but they are too big to do it. So a bunch of mice they established were preserved get up and do it.

So... we are on an alien world and a bunch of mice suddenly do something far beyond their capability and understanding. What could it be?
1) Were they genetically engineered mice specifically created to perform repairs in the extremely likely case that there are no engineers
2) Are they an alien race that just looks like mice
3) Are they people turned into mice?
4) HECK are they just exceptionally trained mice?

If you voted for any of these you are wrong. You see the Mice gained a psychic connection after being around one of the characters long enough and could sense their desires... said character isn't psychic.

---

Why the HECK do shows sometimes chose the worst explanation for things possible?

TMNT 2006 for example answered the question of: "How does Splinter know Ninjitsu" by

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why? WHY!?!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104206 on: June 14, 2016, 01:40:13 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104207 on: June 14, 2016, 01:56:55 am »

Ok one last Voltron thing. It was the part of the episode that drove me nuts.

So at one point they need to repair a console but they are too big to do it. So a bunch of mice they established were preserved get up and do it.

So... we are on an alien world and a bunch of mice suddenly do something far beyond their capability and understanding. What could it be?
1) Were they genetically engineered mice specifically created to perform repairs in the extremely likely case that there are no engineers
2) Are they an alien race that just looks like mice
3) Are they people turned into mice?
4) HECK are they just exceptionally trained mice?

If you voted for any of these you are wrong. You see the Mice gained a psychic connection after being around one of the characters long enough and could sense their desires... said character isn't psychic.

---

Why the HECK do shows sometimes chose the worst explanation for things possible?

TMNT 2006 for example answered the question of: "How does Splinter know Ninjitsu" by

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why? WHY!?!

Just reject their explanation and substitute your own. (Or quit watching)

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104208 on: June 14, 2016, 02:09:47 am »

Well, mice are the most intelligent life on Earth, didn't you know?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104209 on: June 14, 2016, 03:25:13 am »

xD If there were more then 2 I might actually do my own dedicated server.

So to add to the "The Descendants is secretly horrifying" theme.

The story is that the future king implemented a system where several children from the Villain Island would get to attend school. Which also has a class called "Remedial Do-goodery" or some crud.

So... while this isn't forced. We are having children from a unique culture (the villain culture) being taught to dislike and revile their home, parents, and loved ones. While also having such a HUGE "uplifting" of their food, technology, and resources that it makes it impossible for them to really go back there.

Hmm it sounds so familiar... Canada you didn't do something similar did you? OHH WAIT!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104210 on: June 14, 2016, 08:13:51 am »

Well, mice are the most intelligent life on Earth, didn't you know?
So long, and thanks for all the cheese?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104211 on: June 14, 2016, 08:50:59 pm »

Am I the only one who hates all these american suburban houses? Because all I see is gaudy designs, same designs and wasted space.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104212 on: June 14, 2016, 08:58:13 pm »

I think there's pretty much a genre to hating them.  The "American Dream" - that silly ideal house with a huge lawn and 2.5 kids, a safe distance away from the city but close enough for all the benefits.  It gets derided kinda a lot.

Personally I don't care for it either, though.  Possibly because it was my parents' dream, so mine has to be different.  Specifically, I feel far more comfortable in a "habitation block" as my dad would call it.  It's certainly not that I like being closer to other people...  I think it's actually the comfortable sameness and anonymity.

When people come to visit, I often have to remind them of my haven's alphanumeric.  I like that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104213 on: June 14, 2016, 09:04:01 pm »

Am I the only one who hates all these american suburban houses? Because all I see is gaudy designs, same designs and wasted space.
I hate the new ones. Older houses are nice.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104214 on: June 14, 2016, 09:13:30 pm »

I think its just the still-born engineer in me crying out to fill all these useless space with something useful.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104215 on: June 14, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »

Experimenters shook boxes in front of 30 domestic cats with and without an accompanying rattling sound. Some flipped boxes yielded a dropped object, the others did not.

Only two of the four scenarios -- a rattling box yielding an object and a silent box yielding nothing -- complied with physics. Rattling boxes without a falling object and silent boxes with a falling object both defied physics.

During the experiment, cats stared longer at rattling boxes, suggesting they rightly anticipated an object based on sound. They also stared longer when a flipped box yielded unexpected results -- results incongruent with the laws of physics.

I think I know what the cats were thinking:
We have found a witch! May we burn her?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104216 on: June 14, 2016, 11:21:18 pm »

Suburbs are a crime against humanity, yes.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104217 on: June 14, 2016, 11:30:01 pm »

I'm a bit torn between urban and rural living. In an urban setting I don't have to travel far for anything I could want, but there's not much that makes me happier than the freedom you can only have out in the country. Plus I identify a little better with the rural crowd. Suburbs manage to combine the worst of both, with long distances to services, a lack of free movement, and a lack of privacy.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #104218 on: June 14, 2016, 11:34:58 pm »

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104219 on: June 14, 2016, 11:37:05 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6946 6947 [6948] 6949 6950 ... 11037