Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6857 6858 [6859] 6860 6861 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468183 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102870 on: May 25, 2016, 06:44:22 pm »

Jade Empire. Basically KOTOR in the aforementioned Asian fantasy setting, but it's more of an action-RPG than a behind-the-scenes turn-based thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102871 on: May 25, 2016, 06:56:40 pm »

I'll look at my compatibility settings for it in a bit and - wait, what do you mean no compatibility settings?

Edit: Fixed phone typo
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:01:48 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #102872 on: May 25, 2016, 06:59:12 pm »

My reddit account got hacked and used to spam somehow. Darnit gotta change passwords all over the place now.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102873 on: May 25, 2016, 07:03:09 pm »

My reddit account got hacked and used to spam somehow. Darnit gotta change passwords all over the place now.

I hope you learned the terrible depth of your mistake.  ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102874 on: May 25, 2016, 07:03:44 pm »

I'll look at my compatibility series for it in a bit and - wait, what do you mean no compatibility settings?

I can run the launcher with compatability settings but not the executable for the game.

Not only that, I Google-Fu'd a bit, and was told about the shortcut tab in properties to get it to run as administrator. Of which there was not one in the executable file's properties.

I had to create a shortcut to the executable file and go to the shortcut tab in that file's properties to get the thing running as an administrator. Bloody hell.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #102875 on: May 25, 2016, 07:06:15 pm »

I hope you learned the terrible depth of your mistake.  ;)

Nope. Am lazy. Will probably figure that out sometime later in the week.
It's FEF, not FEOF

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102876 on: May 25, 2016, 07:07:11 pm »

Now to play the tutorial for the 7th time now that the game runs smoothly and I can make saves. It's lucky I like punching Jing Woo in the face.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102877 on: May 25, 2016, 09:06:18 pm »

This art portfolio. "Draw a portrait of your favourite comic book hero or villain. Do not include works of pre-existing or copywritten characters, such as Disney, Looney Tunes, Anime or Manga characters."

Okay. So either I'm going to set up a poll to crowdsource the shittiest OC possible or I'll just do a Hitler.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102878 on: May 25, 2016, 09:16:58 pm »

I vote poll
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102879 on: May 25, 2016, 09:18:16 pm »

I'll look at my compatibility series for it in a bit and - wait, what do you mean no compatibility settings?

I can run the launcher with compatability settings but not the executable for the game.

Not only that, I Google-Fu'd a bit, and was told about the shortcut tab in properties to get it to run as administrator. Of which there was not one in the executable file's properties.

I had to create a shortcut to the executable file and go to the shortcut tab in that file's properties to get the thing running as an administrator. Bloody hell.

Odd. The shortcut to it that Origin made for me is for the exe itself, and my settings for it appear to just be run as admin and disable dpi scaling:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, I only have it on Origin because EA gave it away for free. I died repeatedly on the beach and quit forever because I couldn't advance and replaying the annoying thing a dozen times isn't my idea of fun these days.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102880 on: May 25, 2016, 09:38:51 pm »

Odd. The shortcut to it that Origin made for me is for the exe itself, and my settings for it appear to just be run as admin and disable dpi scaling:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, I only have it on Origin because EA gave it away for free. I died repeatedly on the beach and quit forever because I couldn't advance and replaying the annoying thing a dozen times isn't my idea of fun these days.

Strange that your one has all the tabs and mine doesn't. The launcher executable has that for me, but that doesn't have anything to do with the actual game executable's permissions and such. Ah well, I got it working.

I have the Special Edition on CD in a fancy metal case. The beach was rather challenging, I recall. The early game is quite nasty just 'cause you have bugger all in the way of health and you're pretty much thrown into it with the bandit attack - as I'm sure you noticed. It's worth a playthrough, though; that's not representative of the game as a whole, thought there are a handful of challenging fights throughout that reach similar levels of "WTFWASTHATSHIT".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102881 on: May 25, 2016, 09:46:46 pm »

This art portfolio. "Draw a portrait of your favourite comic book hero or villain. Do not include works of pre-existing or copywritten characters, such as Disney, Looney Tunes, Anime or Manga characters."

Okay. So either I'm going to set up a poll to crowdsource the shittiest OC possible or I'll just do a Hitler.
See, what I want to know is how it can be a comic book character if it's not in a comic book at all. Since everything actually published in a comic book would have been copywritten in one way or another. And anything that's your favorite would be pre-existing. Wouldn't the correct answer just be a... hell, blank page?

Or wait, wait. Waaaiiiiit. You could maybe get away with copyleft ones? It's still run afoul of the existence issue, but at least it'd be half on point.

... any way you can ask whoever's asking for the portfolio how they expect that prompt to be physically possible? Because I'm actually curious, now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102882 on: May 25, 2016, 10:02:45 pm »

I don't know how that works either, but I just realized Hitler technically existed at one point, so half that joke is null. Quitting school to go off to rule over a struggling European nation is still on the table though. Just with no genocide this time.

The other few things it requires is an observational/real-life drawing, a perspective drawing of a kitchen from the exterior of the building, two creative pieces of art created using computer software of any sort, and two examples of artwork from any medium.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:04:34 pm by BlackFlyme »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102883 on: May 25, 2016, 11:33:57 pm »

My browser apparently doesn't ask for any confirmation when you hit the "close other tabs" button. I just hit that by mistake instead of "close tab". Urgh.
There is also no keyboard shortcut for "reopen last closed tab"... yeah. That was tedious.
I actually had some possibly-actually-important tabs open for a change, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #102884 on: May 25, 2016, 11:50:22 pm »

Has anyone ever baked anything in a college/University dorm other than a custard pie to throw at someone for some stupid prank?
I make homemade pizza a lot. Cheap, hearty, tasty and with little active cooking involved, it's a good recipe.

Many comics use religious, mythological or otherwise public domain characters. Pick one you like and search for a comic that ever used that character as a hero or villain, then ignore the comic and draw your own interpretation of the character.

A drawing of Jesus would technically qualify.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:52:02 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6857 6858 [6859] 6860 6861 ... 11037