Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6823 6824 [6825] 6826 6827 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432657 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102360 on: May 17, 2016, 08:25:50 pm »

-snip-
I was more referring to the prospect of you chucking the eggs
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #102361 on: May 17, 2016, 08:29:36 pm »

Maybe you should mind your own business and let people eat what they want?
Uh, or maybe not?

But for someone to go out of their way to buy cage eggs- which are not any cheaper than free-range eggs, mind you- either they're an absolute scumbag or they are deliberately trying to piss me off for some reason. Either way, they're no friend of mine.

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't give a shit about the issue and just grab a carton of eggs without noticing -or caring- if it conforms to your moral compass that means absolutely nothing to them.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102362 on: May 17, 2016, 08:30:44 pm »

So if he doesn't buy the cage eggs, you can use your druidic magic to undo this horrible fate already done to the hens a few days ago before someone else inevitably buys them because they're eggs, which people eat all the time?
When did I say that? I said he should not have bought them in the first place. I have at least some expectations of the people living with me.
Read my posts before replying to them, please.

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't give a shit about the issue and just grab a carton of eggs without noticing -or caring- if it conforms to your moral compass that means absolutely nothing to them.
Then they don't deserve to live.

At least not in my house, anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102363 on: May 17, 2016, 08:38:52 pm »

So if he doesn't buy the cage eggs, you can use your druidic magic to undo this horrible fate already done to the hens a few days ago before someone else inevitably buys them because they're eggs, which people eat all the time?
When did I say that? I said he should not have bought them in the first place. I have at least some expectations of the people living with me.
Key question - Did you inform them of your disdain for cage eggs?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102364 on: May 17, 2016, 08:39:49 pm »

Admitedly if people pulled their act together and all decided to not buy caged eggs then chickens wouldn't be kept in cages.
There is a variety of eggs availble ranging from Caged (where it's basically as bad as you can imagine) to organic (where the chicken fucks around tall grass and lives in fear of eagles that might swoop in and kill it) and in between enviroments.
As far as EU markings go it's:
0 - Organic.
1 - Chickens are mostly outside but return to the hall at night (freerange).
2 - Chickens spend their lives inside the building but are not forced into cages.
3 - Chickens are in cages 24/7 + a load of not fun things happen to them (debeaking ETC)

As far as i'm concerned 2 is good 3 is savagery and 0-1 is paying extra for a clear(er) conscience.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:45:52 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102365 on: May 17, 2016, 08:43:09 pm »

Oh, go soak your head Yoink. You're giving vegans everywhere a bad name with your holier-than-thou attitude.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102366 on: May 17, 2016, 08:47:39 pm »

This is the WTF thread, come on.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102367 on: May 17, 2016, 08:51:24 pm »

Oh, go soak your head Yoink. You're giving vegans everywhere a bad name with your holier-than-thou attitude.
A: I'm not a vegan, and B: it's just common sense.
You should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror if you think needless cruelty is so great.

As far as i'm concerned 2 is good 3 is savagery and 0-1 is paying extra for a clear(er) conscience.
Actually, where I live at least, free range is usually the same price as cage eggs. Unless you go with the absolute cheapest no-name brands which will probably give anyone food poisoning, perhaps... I might check next time I'm at the supermarket.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102368 on: May 17, 2016, 08:58:03 pm »

See, that's exactly what I mean.

Not immediately hating someone for buying/not buying a certain brand of eggs =/= thinking that needless cruelty is great.
As far as I'm concerned, your roommate is by far the more rational one. They've bought a carton of eggs. You're the one raging, contemplating throwing the food out, and making noises about them not deserving to live and inventing wild conspiracy theories.

So again, go soak your head. That's about the most polite way to say what I really want to say.

I live with a bunch of deep-frying, bacon-gnawing maniacs and the fridge seems to usually be filled with a variety of dead stuff. I don't complain.
This is why I assumed you were vegan. I also think you're lying about that last sentence, but let's ignore that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102369 on: May 17, 2016, 09:06:27 pm »

This argument doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so we should probably stop.

Still, I expected better from you, Sirus. Then again, I don't really know you at all apart from the fact that you're a popular Bay12er.
inventing wild conspiracy theories
What wild conspiracy theories did I invent?
If you're talking about the idea of them doing this on purpose to piss me off, I don't actually believe that. I simply offered that as an unlikely alternative to them being an absolute scumbag. An act of kindness, leaving at least the faint possibility of them just being a psycho with a grudge against me as opposed to something worse.

That's about the most polite way to say what I really want to say.
Now that I can relate to. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102370 on: May 17, 2016, 09:07:08 pm »

I'm almost 100% certain that cage is the absolute cheapest even in the EU where caged chickens get better treated than their american counterparts (as in they get larger "furnished" cages (basically some hay and actual space to move inside but obviously not too much).
If freerange and caged eggs are the same price then i'd be suspicious of just how freerange those freerange chickens really are.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #102371 on: May 17, 2016, 09:09:33 pm »

I'm almost 100% certain that cage is the absolute cheapest even in the EU where caged chickens get better treated than their american counterparts (as in they get larger "furnished" cages (basically some hay and actual space to move inside but obviously not too much).
If freerange and caged eggs are the same price then i'd be suspicious of just how freerange those freerange chickens really are.
Yoink's in Australia IIRC
If you're talking about the idea of them doing this on purpose to piss me off, I don't actually believe that. I simply offered that as an unlikely alternative to them being an absolute scumbag. An act of kindness, leaving at least the faint possibility of them just being a psycho with a grudge against me as opposed to something worse.
uh, yoink?

maybe they don't realize how badly cage chickens are mistreated?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102372 on: May 17, 2016, 09:17:39 pm »

uh, yoink?

To be honest, I don't even know for sure it is the new guy. I just hope so.
I really, really hope it's either him or the other housemate I don't like, because otherwise the eggs belong to one of the people I thought were my friends.

But this is just about Terrified thread material at this point anyway. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102373 on: May 17, 2016, 09:20:58 pm »

uh, yoink?

To be honest, I don't even know for sure it is the new guy. I just hope so.
I really, really hope it's either him or the other housemate I don't like, because otherwise the eggs belong to one of the people I thought were my friends.

But this is just about Terrified thread material at this point anyway. :-\
Can't you just communicate with them instead of rudely trash talking them behind their backs in Bay12? I mean, come on, why are you working yourself up over eggs? I don't consciously think about what happens to the food I buy unless it gets recalled, I just look in the carton for cracks, look at the grade, and think about how i'll scramble them, and that's probably the norm.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102374 on: May 17, 2016, 09:23:09 pm »

Yoink, look up Hanlon's Razor and get back to me. Or don't. Frankly I don't know why I'm still bothering with this.

So hypothetically, what would you do if one of the other roommates had brought home the Evil Eggs of Pure Malice?

Pages: 1 ... 6823 6824 [6825] 6826 6827 ... 11039