Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6752 6753 [6754] 6755 6756 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438636 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101295 on: April 26, 2016, 07:08:59 am »

Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.
The women are obviously just pretending to be men to avoid all the fawning geeks in desperate search of a girlfriend.
Because that's what the internet is like right?

Also amazing edge here. So edgy it might as well be an axe.
http://imgur.com/gallery/OnyRL
So edgy i think "All hail shadow" should be blasting full volume in the background.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:33:55 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101296 on: April 26, 2016, 07:31:09 am »

So, out of curiosity I clicked the forum stats button...
Male:Female ratio = 12.9:1
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? nearly 13 dudes to one gal? There can't be that many males as opposed to females here (Male here, BTW)
Don't forget the guys who have their profile set to Female
* Cinder ejects an octopus out of their mouth
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101297 on: April 26, 2016, 07:33:56 am »

The women are obviously just pretending to be men to avoid all the fawning geeks in desperate search of a girlfriend.
Yeah that's obviously the case, it couldn't be that Dwarf Fortress is an incredibly niche thing that mostly appeals to guys, right?

* Cinder ejects an octopus out of their mouth
That's actually not my fetish
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101298 on: April 26, 2016, 07:38:01 am »

TFW a police officer is casually strolling down the street and carrying an AK like it's a bag of produce. Makes you feel that much more safe and secure when people are taking their job seriously.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101299 on: April 26, 2016, 07:46:38 am »

Yeah that's obviously the case, it couldn't be that Dwarf Fortress is an incredibly niche thing that mostly appeals to guys, right?
Are you trying to imply that women can't play dwarf fortress and as such are not in the community?
Sim City and The Sims are popular among females so there is no reason women wouldn't like DF.
Self promotion below.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101300 on: April 26, 2016, 07:47:43 am »

He never said that...

TFW a police officer is casually strolling down the street and carrying an AK like it's a bag of produce. Makes you feel that much more safe and secure when people are taking their job seriously.
I remember being in Indonesia and seeing a lot of cops/security guards standing/sitting around with what looked like MP5s.
It was... kinda jarring, since I'd never seen a (presumably) real automatic gun of any kind before, as far as I can remember. :o   
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:49:25 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101301 on: April 26, 2016, 07:53:57 am »

He never said that...
*I know. I'm just shitposting for some questionable fun. (I think i'm going to stop now tho. I'm losing braincells too fast for my comfort.)*
Y'all just gynophobic and got EXPOSED!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:04:30 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101302 on: April 26, 2016, 08:04:15 am »

I don't think there's been lot of fawning on the forums to justify girls masquerading as men :v, though we do seem to have a rather large amount of females that are actualy trans, which is kinda odd, given that whenever trans stuff gets discussed in this forum, it almost always gets shot down, either because of arguments or because people are afraid arguments will happen :v

Anyway, for a good while my gender was set to blank on the forums because I was too lazy to change it, and nobody seemed to care. Of course that may just people nobody cares about me ;~; /crievertim
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:06:07 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101303 on: April 26, 2016, 08:11:30 am »

I remember being in Indonesia and seeing a lot of cops/security guards standing/sitting around with what looked like MP5s.
It was... kinda jarring, since I'd never seen a (presumably) real automatic gun of any kind before, as far as I can remember. :o   
Police with SMGs? Yeesh, that can't be safe. I suppose that's why they're given the guns in the first place... because as every American knows, the best way to stop people getting shot is to give them guns.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101304 on: April 26, 2016, 08:14:30 am »

I don't think there's been lot of fawning on the forums to justify girls masquerading as men :v, though we do seem to have a rather large amount of females that are actualy trans, which is kinda odd, given that whenever trans stuff gets discussed in this forum, it almost always gets shot down, either because of arguments or because people are afraid arguments will happen :v
That's actually a complicated matter because trans people don't really want to be identified as trans.
If Joe got operated and became Jane then he (now she) wants to be Jane rather than "Joe who became Jane" (which is basically what you mean when you say trans woman).

Also i'm a hypocrite because i did just that a few posts up.
And i don't think people argue about trans on B12. Shutting topics like that down is probably a preemptive measure.
Self promotion below.

cottontailcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101305 on: April 26, 2016, 08:20:27 am »

Ii assumed the fawning thing was meant to be amusing. Mostly because the opposite is as likely a reaction I think???

I think it's an accurate representation -- which i assume -- or guys are just more forward about it. I just started comsci and the ratio there is more like 30:1. :/

Yeah, I imagine using trans as if you're referring to a gender is rather offensive. And gender convos are always fraught. Mostly i think because people's identities get threatened and i reckon that's one of the best way tomake a person pissy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101306 on: April 26, 2016, 08:40:39 am »

That's actually a complicated matter because trans people don't really want to be identified as trans.
If Joe got operated and became Jane then he (now she) wants to be Jane rather than "Joe who became Jane" (which is basically what you mean when you say trans woman).

Also i'm a hypocrite because i did just that a few posts up.
And i don't think people argue about trans on B12. Shutting topics like that down is probably a preemptive measure.

It's because gender politics is one of the things where too many people are too emotionally involved to detach for the sake of argument.

Also rofl:

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101307 on: April 26, 2016, 09:02:54 am »

cannot compute
Black lives matter.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101308 on: April 26, 2016, 09:05:50 am »

Yeah, I imagine using trans as if you're referring to a gender is rather offensive. And gender convos are always fraught. Mostly i think because people's identities get threatened and i reckon that's one of the best way tomake a person pissy.

I don't get that impression, but I've only really talked in depth with one trans person. Also, if nobody was willing to go public and talk about their experience or fight for their rights, wouldn't that just make it easier for people who hate trans people to marginalize them in laws (even more than they already are), or even just to prevent the laws from being improved?

Also if you're transitioning IRL and not, like, moving to another state at the same time, everyone you know is going to know for Really Obvious Reasons, so...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101309 on: April 26, 2016, 09:24:39 am »

He never said that...

How did you get so far without seeing one? I can understand people who haven't seen snow better
Pages: 1 ... 6752 6753 [6754] 6755 6756 ... 11040