Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6664 6665 [6666] 6667 6668 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450034 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99975 on: April 04, 2016, 04:08:45 am »

On top of that, many people claim beer tastes better from a can.
* Avis is shocked speechless

* Avis is appaled by the barbarity

Brb voting for Zhirinovsky

This is the low that your leaders have driven you to - to think that a human being may be induced to drink beer from a can and like it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep at night now

Brb petitioning the beloved president to perform nuclear mercykill on Australia

Actually scratch that, I am also petitioning the despised and hated brown president, I am sure that in this case he will understand

God, how absolutely and inexcusably barbaric.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99976 on: April 04, 2016, 04:39:37 am »

I've actually never seen a bar that sells canned beer. Sometimes they have adjoining bottle shops that sell, well, bottles. Cans are a supermarket thing here.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99977 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:26 am »

Guinness comes in cans and not bottles usually doesn't it? I always see it being poured from the can into a glass though.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99978 on: April 04, 2016, 05:00:58 am »

That's normally on tap AFAIK. Pretty sure I've seen cans but they're certainly not common around here. Drinking Guinness from a can is basically an insult to the beer, though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #99979 on: April 04, 2016, 05:10:29 am »

Bars here generally sell cheap beer in cans - Miller, PBR level stuff. I've gotten a tall can of PBR for $2.50 at a bar before. Anything better is usually in a bottle. There are exceptions - I've noticed a couple smaller breweries that don't make bottles, I assume because they've only got the canning equipment. I think this is getting more acceptable but it's still not common.

Taps have a more limited selection. A typical one would have 1-2 cheap beers (gotta fill those pitchers somehow), then 4-8 nicer ones. The majority of a bar's beer menu is usually in bottles, but there are plenty of beer bars that try to have a wide selection of things on tap.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:12:55 am by penguinofhonor »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #99980 on: April 04, 2016, 12:11:37 pm »

(I split out the derail and moved it to quarantine.  I'll now be reading it and doing whatever else.)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #99981 on: April 04, 2016, 12:15:42 pm »

Cinder was right :O

Really would love to grow my hair long >.> Really not liking how everytime I take advantage of altitude and gravity, my hair whips back down to slap my forehead like tiny bristles, or even if I sharply turn to the side. :I

How do people do their hair so well <_<

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #99982 on: April 04, 2016, 12:16:18 pm »

Big Brother is watching you.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99983 on: April 04, 2016, 12:17:39 pm »

Stop caring, let it grow as much as you want it. My girlfriend is fine with her being long even though it has consistently got in the way of kissing and has tried to choke me to death more then once while sleeping :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #99984 on: April 04, 2016, 12:23:40 pm »

Stop caring, let it grow as much as you want it. My girlfriend is fine with her being long even though it has consistently got in the way of kissing and has tried to choke me to death more then once while sleeping :v
.-.
...How does that work now?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99985 on: April 04, 2016, 12:26:22 pm »

Noes, Toady took away my shameless advertising :(

I put some soda pop into a water bottle with a straw that you pop a button to rotate out a rubber drinking tube.  The soda pop was puressurize by the device as the gases escape, and champange over my keyboard and about 10 feet out.  I was ripped, but no damage seems to have been sustained other than a few keys feel . . . off now.  Like they stick to the sides or something.  The worst is that the spacebar is amoung them.  I keep trying to rapidly depress the keys, hoping to undo my horrible mistakes :(
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99986 on: April 04, 2016, 12:28:52 pm »

.-.
...How does that work now?

It is long, it is thick, it really likes to mysteriously crawl on top of my face while we sleep, and it may or not be an avatar of yog sothot.
IE it just somehow gets into my mouth, which is weird, considering I don't snore or even sleep with my mouth open :v

It also ocasionaly stabs me in the eyes, but its a small price to pay, all things considered :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99987 on: April 04, 2016, 12:30:34 pm »

Noes, Toady took away my shameless advertising :(

I put some soda pop into a water bottle with a straw that you pop a button to rotate out a rubber drinking tube.  The soda pop was puressurize by the device as the gases escape, and champange over my keyboard and about 10 feet out.  I was ripped, but no damage seems to have been sustained other than a few keys feel . . . off now.  Like they stick to the sides or something.  The worst is that the spacebar is amoung them.  I keep trying to rapidly depress the keys, hoping to undo my horrible mistakes :(

Going to need to open up and clean the keyboard; once that sugar dries, you ain't going to be able to do anything with the spacebar :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99988 on: April 04, 2016, 12:52:19 pm »

Mine's kinda oily and bone-straight, so your mileage may vary. I trim it myself, wash it well every few days, towel it dry, and brush it afterwards. I don't do much with it... maybe a part to one side, or arrange it with my glasses so I've got a tuft in front of my ear, but nothing fancy. It tends to fluff up and sorta feather out when it's the length it is now (not-quite shoulder length). I've never had it longer than this, but I'm going to try to keep growing it out for a bit to see how I like it. Maybe I'll get frustrated by the face-whipping too, but we'll see!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:16:35 pm by Solifuge »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #99989 on: April 04, 2016, 12:56:19 pm »

Don't think I've actually ever seen beer sold in a can at a bar here. And only rarely is it advertised in a can. Beer is a pretty massive cultural icon here though*, and for some reason a big part of that seems to be drinking it from a bottle or a glass.

*The Dutch, and to a lesser extent the various Nguni peoples, the latter being sorghum beer (I think) rather than barley or whatever.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 6664 6665 [6666] 6667 6668 ... 11040