Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6639 6640 [6641] 6642 6643 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458338 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99600 on: March 31, 2016, 06:17:53 pm »

Look.. If I had a superweapon, or ANY sort of weapon at all.. Wouldn't I already have used it by now?

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99601 on: March 31, 2016, 06:22:29 pm »

Of course not, you'd need to wait for the exact right moment to use it....
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99602 on: March 31, 2016, 06:23:53 pm »

But preemptive strikes are the best ways to deter your enemies. :v

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99603 on: March 31, 2016, 06:25:10 pm »

Nah, that just makes 'em mad.

Best way to deter enemies is make them think you're their friend.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99604 on: March 31, 2016, 06:26:35 pm »

11 NEW REPLIES!? *post anyways*

I think issuing demands never seems to work out for the people doing the demanding.

The response that I have heard is that "asking nicely hasn't worked."

I haven't seen any of it personally, so I won't try to judge anyone involved or say they're doing it wrong, or claim to know better than them what they need.

I just don't think universities have any financial need to be accommodating to any students who are making demands. As long as the number of applicants is above the number of people a university can accept each year, they'll always be able to easily replace anyone who threatens to walk with their money (or financial assistance). The only other way I can imagine a university could be "punished" would be a social media campaign, and I can't figure that being likely to harm them unless it causes financial problems (say, someone threatens to pull out of a deal to give a large donation in exchange for a building named after them, for example). That could happen to some, I suppose. I'm not sure how likely it is, given some of these demands are literally things like "we want to be segregated" ...

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99605 on: March 31, 2016, 06:26:50 pm »

Do they walk around in public being constantly afraid that someone is going to violently lash out at them with no warning?
Uhhhh, yeah? Like, yooooo, you do realize that that's a legit fear for many women, minorities and lgbt folk, don't you?
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99606 on: March 31, 2016, 06:26:59 pm »

Not if you cripple them enough in the first strike. :v

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99607 on: March 31, 2016, 06:27:44 pm »

Not if you cripple them enough in the first strike. :v

That means everybody else thinks you're bad and takes you down. Not a good idea :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99608 on: March 31, 2016, 06:30:05 pm »

Why cripple when you can kill? Don't give them any of that mercy bullshit that stories are so proud of.

I like the way you think. :v
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:33:32 pm by Ultimuh »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99609 on: March 31, 2016, 06:36:35 pm »

Websites seem to be striking back against adblockers. A couple sites won't load when I have my adblocker on, but when I turn it off, they load fine.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99610 on: March 31, 2016, 06:41:00 pm »

Do they walk around in public being constantly afraid that someone is going to violently lash out at them with no warning?
Uhhhh, yeah? Like, yooooo, you do realize that that's a legit fear for many women, minorities and lgbt folk, don't you?
And yet the autists of the world, a definite minority, feel no such fear.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99611 on: March 31, 2016, 06:46:30 pm »

Websites seem to be striking back against adblockers. A couple sites won't load when I have my adblocker on, but when I turn it off, they load fine.

Even uBlock?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99612 on: March 31, 2016, 06:48:21 pm »

Sure, they don't...
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #99613 on: March 31, 2016, 06:51:09 pm »

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/25748/

wat?
I never really understood people who feel that they need a "safe space" that they can't find or make on their own. Do they walk around in public being constantly afraid that someone is going to violently lash out at them with no warning? And if they feel so scared, how do they ever manage to work up the courage to demand a "safe space" in public and in public daylight? How are they not paralyzed by the fear of the possibility that merely daring to ask for some form of privilege is going to provoke horrific acts of violence from others? Then again, my definition of "safe space" largely concerns my changes of getting physically or sexually assaulted in a given area, so what chance do I stand at understanding oversensitive tumblr-dwelling twats who scream "rape" if you look at them funny?
Believe it or not, black people don't feel as safe in public as white people do in America.
Spoiler: pic unrelated (click to show/hide)
...because they can present as normal in public?  Also speak for yourself, I know a ton of mentally ill people that feel that they'll be fired or treated differently if their employer finds out.  Including people on the spectrum.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99614 on: March 31, 2016, 06:52:33 pm »

Even uBlock?

I don't know. I use Ghostery.
Pages: 1 ... 6639 6640 [6641] 6642 6643 ... 11040