Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6603 6604 [6605] 6606 6607 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456564 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99060 on: March 23, 2016, 09:55:38 am »

i disagree
Sure, you can say that i is a square root of -1, but for any real or complex numbers other than non-negative real numbers, there is no canonical such root, because -i is just as valid a square root of -1 as i is. If you try to extend the domain of the sqrt function beyond the non-negative real numbers, there will always be violations of the identity sqrt(a)sqrt(b) = sqrt(ab).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99061 on: March 23, 2016, 09:57:18 am »

Looking at currentyear's post history, they joined yesterday, started posting in the upper boards, then started posting mostly in the lower boards five hours later. Suspicious, but vaguely possible.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99062 on: March 23, 2016, 10:29:15 am »

CURRENTYEAR had several acccounts registered etc.  I just clipped it out since there was too much there to figure out what should be kept.  Doubt this is the last of it, the usual, etc.  Please try to stay on topic etc.
Technically it's vague whether it was a sockpuppet of a regular poster, but I get the impression it wasn't.  Didn't seem to be any of the main posters in that thread, at least.  Might have been someone from outside the thread who wanted to opine anonymously, but I get the impression they were someone new.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99063 on: March 23, 2016, 10:43:25 am »

Thats like going to mcdonalds and ordering a fancy lobster dinner.
The McLobster is an exquisite culinary experience, you philistine 0_o

(That this exists, and is not in fact a fever dream I once had, is my WTF for the day)
Once upon a time, lobster was considered a poor man's food. If McDonalds or equivalents of it had existed at the time, they definitely would've served it. We have come full circle.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99064 on: March 23, 2016, 10:46:27 am »

Once upon a time, lobster was considered a poor man's food. If McDonalds or equivalents of it had existed at the time, they definitely would've served it. We have come full circle.
Wasn't it considered inhumane to feed lobsters to prisoners?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99065 on: March 23, 2016, 10:48:11 am »

It was also inhumane the other way round.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99066 on: March 23, 2016, 10:49:40 am »

I think not, but I do remember that they found it displeasing. I also remember that servants made a point to specify in employment agreements that they would not eat lobster more than twice per week. I also want to say that soldiers likewise protested being served lobster, but my memory is fuzzy.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99067 on: March 23, 2016, 10:55:45 am »

There's an old law in Finland that says farmhands may not be given salmon to eat on every single day of a week. Since nowadays most workers buy their own food and salmon isn't particularly cheap anymore, the law doesn't come up very often.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99068 on: March 23, 2016, 10:57:25 am »

And cereals were apparently thought of as disgusting poor man's food. Prisoners tended to end up eating them.

Then again, *that* cereal won't be like cornflakes or something.
Cereal still is either mid or low-tier breakfast food, though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99069 on: March 23, 2016, 10:58:37 am »

And cereals were apparently thought of as disgusting poor man's food. Prisoners tended to end up eating them.

Then again, *that* cereal won't be like cornflakes or something.
I assume it'd be oats?  Or maybe gruel?
Or maybe corn!  Oats and corn, animal feed- until the modern day where one is absurdly popular and unhealthy and the other is a symbol of healthiness.

Grits are just great, though.  Best thing to come out of the American Civil War.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99070 on: March 23, 2016, 11:38:09 am »

Grits are just great, though.  Best thing to come out of the American Civil War.
hang on, best food, or best thing of any kind?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99071 on: March 23, 2016, 12:34:35 pm »

So I had a most bizarre dream of coming home in the school bus and Donald Trump sitting next to me, and getting the feeling Donald Trump always say next to me - and he was an asshole in the sort of "weird kid who doesn't know he's being an asshole" kinda way - and I stood for this situation because I felt like I was doing everyone else a favour taking the flak.

What the hell brain.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99072 on: March 23, 2016, 12:38:32 pm »

He was your yandere sempai.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99073 on: March 23, 2016, 12:51:45 pm »

The latter. Better than the end of American slavery (sorta, kinda), modern music, the South getting their teeth kicked in, and everything else.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99074 on: March 23, 2016, 01:07:49 pm »

The latter. Better than the end of American slavery (sorta, kinda), modern music, the South getting their teeth kicked in, and everything else.
Grits: Better Than Emancipation

Man, now there's a marketing slogan!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6603 6604 [6605] 6606 6607 ... 11040