Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6582 6583 [6584] 6585 6586 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448891 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98745 on: March 19, 2016, 06:29:13 am »

So I got Bravely default today, I'm enjoying it, first RPG I've played in a while, that's for sure, but I'm actually getting irritated by the fact that my thief character is doing the same amount of damage with his normal attacks as my primary damage dealer by virtue of getting up to seven attacks in a row, it's surprisingly annoying to me.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #98746 on: March 19, 2016, 07:11:51 am »

He made that before the catears fad IIRC, actually, which is interesting.
I didn't make it, it's from some webcomic someone linked here a while back. I just loved the concept of a girlcat, considering the saturation of the avatars having it the other way round.

And yep, that's me on Taleworlds. I'm guessing you've been checking out Solid & Shade BHK, since that's mostly where I've been posting lately.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98747 on: March 19, 2016, 07:14:51 am »

I didn't make it, it's from some webcomic someone linked here a while back. I just loved the concept of a girlcat, considering the saturation of the avatars having it the other way round.

That... was me, as I  recall?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #98748 on: March 19, 2016, 07:29:58 am »

That... was me, as I  recall?
I don't know, possibly? I vaguely recall that it's more likely it was you that someone else. I'd have to dig through a ton of shitposts to check.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98749 on: March 19, 2016, 07:35:12 am »

How much do shitposts weigh? How many would it take to make a tonne?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98750 on: March 19, 2016, 07:47:27 am »

You'd need to take the purity of each shitpost in question so you can determine the weight of the shit in each post.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98751 on: March 19, 2016, 07:48:11 am »

So I'm reading this quite serious book on statistical method, and then I see this:
Various names have been used to describe such a model including na¨ıve Bayes, idiot’s
Bayes
and independence Bayes.
what
._.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98752 on: March 19, 2016, 07:48:53 am »

0.27 lb on average, but there's signifigant variation depending largely on the make and model.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98753 on: March 19, 2016, 08:59:40 am »

It's the expected value of how many times you'll get punched if you recite the shitpost to a random person on the street.
If you're British it's how much you'll get mugged for.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98754 on: March 19, 2016, 09:39:15 am »

So I'm reading this quite serious book on statistical method, and then I see this:
Various names have been used to describe such a model including na¨ıve Bayes, idiot’s
Bayes
and independence Bayes.
what

It turns out that academics have a sense of hunour. Who knew? I'm reminded of a part in my Computer Science textbook talking about security and stuff. There's the * Principle, which is called the * Principle because the writers of a paper on it couldn't think of a good name and went with * as a placeholder. Needless to say, when the time came to publish the paper they still hadn't come up with a good name and so the * Principle is with us to this day.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98755 on: March 19, 2016, 09:45:04 am »

Yep.
Halt and Catch Fire (the instruction, not the random TV show) is another good one.
Here, have this random list.
http://www.cirsovius.de/Firmen/Uni-Chaos/FUN/opcodes.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:47:14 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #98756 on: March 19, 2016, 10:11:23 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98757 on: March 19, 2016, 11:31:27 am »

Apparently CaptainMcClellan got banned...two weeks ago. Did anyone even notice?

I had played a few forum games with the guy ages ago, and he seemed fine back then. I see the Toad removed some posts on the day of the ban, so it makes me wonder what happened.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98758 on: March 19, 2016, 11:35:07 am »

It turns out that academics have a sense of hunour. Who knew? I'm reminded of a part in my Computer Science textbook talking about security and stuff. There's the * Principle, which is called the * Principle because the writers of a paper on it couldn't think of a good name and went with * as a placeholder. Needless to say, when the time came to publish the paper they still hadn't come up with a good name and so the * Principle is with us to this day.
i fucking knew it
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98759 on: March 19, 2016, 11:35:28 am »

Apparently CaptainMcClellan got banned...two weeks ago. Did anyone even notice?

I had played a few forum games with the guy ages ago, and he seemed fine back then. I see the Toad removed some posts on the day of the ban, so it makes me wonder what happened.
He literally asked for it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6582 6583 [6584] 6585 6586 ... 11040