Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6579 6580 [6581] 6582 6583 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446325 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98700 on: March 17, 2016, 10:18:43 pm »

You fell for the Evony ploy?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98701 on: March 17, 2016, 10:26:26 pm »

Pretty much, except Sword of Chaos actually delivers on its promise.

God, I just realized that I haven't seen an actual Evony ad in 4+ years.

I'm sad now. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98702 on: March 17, 2016, 10:27:52 pm »

Sword of Chaos.

The advertising is deviously clever; they put in unnecessary censorship to make it look like the game is much more risque than it actually is. I guess they were going for "Surely there can't be boobies in an Android game!?" reaction... and it worked, since I ended up playing the game. :P

Just to be clear, the game is pretty lame by MMO standards, and I wouldn't seriously recommend it. But as mobile MMOs go, it's not offensively bad.
Looking at the ads... those girls have boobs bigger than their heads. Holy crap.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98703 on: March 17, 2016, 10:36:44 pm »

John (Roy Dupuis) and Kathleen (Kristin Lehman) Strauss are a couple attempting to uncover the secret to John's rare blood disease. Along the way, they encounter Dr. Marlowe (Rutger Hauer), who is intrigued by the case. Little do they know that the island which they are about to set foot upon is home to the Van Dam family, mutant-like creatures who have become deformed and bloodthirsty from centuries of inbreeding. Their mutation began with their relative Eva Van Dam, who had an incestuous relationship with her twin brother. Also, they are fully functioning hermaphrodites, capable of reproducing with themselves. They need to survive on (dead or alive) human flesh.
John eventually discovers that he is in fact a Van Dam, who was born normal looking, and was therefore allowed into normal society. His rare blood disease stems from the fact that he needs human flesh and sex with his siblings in order to function properly.

Not saying at all that the director of that movie has a bisexual incestuous cannibalistic midget fetish, but, eehh...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98704 on: March 17, 2016, 10:45:20 pm »

Sword of Chaos.

The advertising is deviously clever; they put in unnecessary censorship to make it look like the game is much more risque than it actually is. I guess they were going for "Surely there can't be boobies in an Android game!?" reaction... and it worked, since I ended up playing the game. :P

Just to be clear, the game is pretty lame by MMO standards, and I wouldn't seriously recommend it. But as mobile MMOs go, it's not offensively bad.
Is that the one with the obviously added censorship sticking out in its youtube ads? I assumed it was some rubbish junk mobile thing from the fact it was trying too hard in the 5 seconds of ad I saw on my tablet.

Game of War fire something on the otherhand has pretty interesting video ads, but according to reviews is boring and/or p2w so I didn't bother trying it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98705 on: March 17, 2016, 11:03:22 pm »

Deep fried green tea ice cream is the greatest dessert our species has invented, bar none.

Clearly you have to never had an Irn-Bru ice lolly.

Also, fuck you auto-correct.
I'm convinced that you folks made Irn-Bru your national nonalcoholic beverage solely as an excuse to drink more booze.

Like the old days where the only alternative was water that might kill you, except worse.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98706 on: March 17, 2016, 11:08:58 pm »

I've always pronounced it like urn-brew. But it's supposed to be pronounced like iron-brew, I've been told.

I'm not sure if I like it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98707 on: March 17, 2016, 11:10:55 pm »

Looks like urn-bruh to me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98708 on: March 17, 2016, 11:13:27 pm »

I've always pronounced it like urn-brew. But it's supposed to be pronounced like iron-brew, I've been told.

I always figured it was called "urn brew" because it tastes like death.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #98709 on: March 17, 2016, 11:31:54 pm »

I always figured it was called "urn brew" because it tastes like death.

You imbibe death often, yes?

Also, you're Australian (unless, of course, you're not)

That's important to this for some reason.

It's pronounced aye-rn broo, anyway. And it's the fucking Ambrosia.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98710 on: March 17, 2016, 11:35:51 pm »

Depends on its temperature. The problem is it's been so long since I've had one that I can't remember if it's better warm or cold.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98711 on: March 18, 2016, 12:02:35 am »

Mythbusters Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman were at my university today for a symposium.

They mentioned this story, in pretty much exactly the same way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziQWDnFSPt8
They additionally mentioned something about Steven Colbert's reaction to what the other mouse must have been thinking after the first one's death, and that they fed Killer to their pet boa constrictor after.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98712 on: March 18, 2016, 04:23:08 am »

My old stomping ground seems to have changed a fair bit since last time I had an actual look at it.
Then again, most times when I'm here I'm just going to the one bar... this time I went on a short mission to acquire a burrito. (I succeeded, by the way. It is delicious. As much as I was considering drinking on an empty stomach to save money, this is probably for the best.)

I can't shake the feeling that people are acting weird, but I think I can safely put most of that down to my anxiety.
Not all of it, mind. The Valley is always a bit of a freakshow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #98713 on: March 18, 2016, 04:35:39 am »

Sword of Chaos.

I actually bothered watching the 30 second video ad of that just now, and it seems they put a lot of effort into... bounciness. Also, the first 5 seconds of the clip just seem to be zoomed in on a running girl's scantily clad boobs, so it seems like some top quality entertainment right there.

/s
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98714 on: March 18, 2016, 05:04:09 am »

I couldn't help but think throughout that whole trailer "Oh my god! What's wrong with your face?!?" I could barely even look at the bewbs as my eyes were drawn to that... Thing.
Pages: 1 ... 6579 6580 [6581] 6582 6583 ... 11040