Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6578 6579 [6580] 6581 6582 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446334 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98685 on: March 17, 2016, 08:07:04 pm »

Seems to be a bit of an oxymoron. I want my ice cream cold, unless it has some variety of crumble served with it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #98686 on: March 17, 2016, 08:13:41 pm »

Near as I can tell checking, the ice cream is mostly still cold,* there's just at-most some caramelization of the alcohol on the outside, which is... well, if you like caramel or related substances on your ice cream, it'd probably be a good thing. Subtle, from accounts, but definitely noticeable.

Mind, you could have mostly the same effect just glazing the stuff with caramel or whatever, but that's not nearly as entertaining.

*You wouldn't have much more of an effect than using hot chocolate syrup/straight up melted chocolate, so far as I'm aware of the physics involved, which I can attest still leaves the ice cream very much cold. It just has delicious warmy bits in with it. Is good. Have to eat it a bit quicker if you don't want it to go slurry, but the taste will probably make that a non-issue :V

E: I kinda' want a hot fudge sundae now :-\
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:17:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98687 on: March 17, 2016, 08:19:32 pm »

There's also fried ice cream, apparently.

As in, deep-fried.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #98688 on: March 17, 2016, 08:21:18 pm »

Yup. I've had it with fried chocolate as the shell, iirc. Pretty good. Not really that different from ice cream with that kinda' solid chocolate coating, if my memory's working right (which it may not be, it's been a fair few years), but still different.
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98689 on: March 17, 2016, 08:33:37 pm »

I'm using wordpad (temporarily, long story) and... just wow.
ctrl-backspace adds an unknown character, but that's not so uncommon.  Really dumb, but not that weird.
But I just realized that every time I save:

The window scrolling resets so the cursor is at the top
Sometimes the cursor jumps left a few characters??
Possibly related:  All line wraps get cemented with newlines

what the fuck, just why

And in IE, ctrl-K pops up a clone of the current tab instead of going to the search bar.  WhY
And in Python IDLE, undo is ctrl-z as normal, but redo is ctrl-shift-z??
Also Python IDLE gets the indentation type wrong under certain circumstances.  Which of course makes it refuse to run.  argh

Also I hope I get some last minute clarification back on this assignment, though it's my fault for putting it off so long.  It'll be fine honestly, I just want it to be consistent with the others.

(I already installed Firefox in this vpc, gonna go ahead and install notepad++ too.  Because the added-newline thing is just unacceptably bad.  WHY, WHYYYY)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #98690 on: March 17, 2016, 08:54:34 pm »

Somewhere in the depths of microsoft's HQ, the poor lone bastard that's been stuck doing wordpad development for the last couple decades just smiled the smile of the one joy they have in life.
Ask not!
Ask!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98691 on: March 17, 2016, 09:17:39 pm »

Gotta have hard surfaces.

Ill sleep on anything if Im tired, and matresses arent uncomfortable, but Ive definitely a hard matress person.

And firm pillow.  You keep your fluffy pillows that make you feel like you could suffocate in them.  Gimme a small pillow
I don't use "firm pillows" so much, but I definitely share your views on fluffy ones. I prefer mine to be flat and understuffed... as skinny as I am, basically, but without the aforementioned bones.

While we're on the topic of sleep-related WTFs, drooling is kinda gross.
I hate it when I drool in my sleep. Sorry, futon. :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98692 on: March 17, 2016, 09:29:12 pm »

Deep fried green tea ice cream is the greatest dessert our species has invented, bar none.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98693 on: March 17, 2016, 09:34:08 pm »

Deep fried green tea ice cream is the greatest dessert our species has invented, bar none.
Purple yam ice cream too ._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #98694 on: March 17, 2016, 09:35:51 pm »

Clearly you have to never had an Irn-Bru ice lolly.

Also, fuck you auto-correct.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98695 on: March 17, 2016, 09:38:56 pm »

Now I want a Maxibon. 
They even have a new iced coffee flavour so I could satisfy two cravings at once...

Also, whatever happened to Tack? Did he leave us or something? :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98696 on: March 17, 2016, 09:45:05 pm »

He just posted today, so I doubt it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98697 on: March 17, 2016, 10:06:24 pm »

I just played a shitty mobile MMO for two hours. I kept telling myself that I was going to stop playing it any minute now, that I was getting bored, that it was exploitative garbage that sold itself on sex appeal alone. But I kept telling myself "Just one more stage..."

Guess I have a new time waster. There's even a power-saving mode that turns down all the graphics!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98698 on: March 17, 2016, 10:09:05 pm »

*blink*
Which one?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98699 on: March 17, 2016, 10:12:00 pm »

Sword of Chaos.

The advertising is deviously clever; they put in unnecessary censorship to make it look like the game is much more risque than it actually is. I guess they were going for "Surely there can't be boobies in an Android game!?" reaction... and it worked, since I ended up playing the game. :P

Just to be clear, the game is pretty lame by MMO standards, and I wouldn't seriously recommend it. But as mobile MMOs go, it's not offensively bad.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6578 6579 [6580] 6581 6582 ... 11040