Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6480 6481 [6482] 6483 6484 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445463 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #97215 on: February 25, 2016, 09:33:50 am »

liberal crime squad didn't exaggerate about AM radio, what the hell

It's more than most people will accomplish in life, dude.
Yeah well I got like 100 upvotes on a reddit post I made once

I got 2569 on a comment once for calling a school principal skeevy for not letting in gay dudes but letting in gay gals
I was once a tolerated namefag on 4chan for a few months. Top that.
I'm pretty sure that the smallest accomplishment would top anything done on 4chan, of all places. All 4chan has done was prove the GIFT theory correct.
I beg you pardon, /tg/ gets shit done. We battled the Furry Friday, fought our way into having our own board, we made tons upon tons of fan rulebooks and codexes, we built whole roleplaying systems, homebrew universes and games (even computer ones, check out Chapter Master), vast amounts of draw...ings (we can't use the proper, technical term here, apparently, because some sensitive people get very offended) and writ...ings (HELP I'M BEING OFFENDED). Also basically half of the HFY comes from there. 4chan is bad, but apparently sometimes you can find diamonds even in shit.

Also, being a tolerated name... person (MUH OFFENDATIONS) on 4chan is like being the king of sewer rats, it's certainly something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97216 on: February 25, 2016, 09:45:51 am »

/tg/ also has a wiki, doesn't it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #97217 on: February 25, 2016, 09:46:33 am »

Ladies and gentlemen, straight out of left field, we have um ... Utah's senate trying to repeal the 17th amendment passed in 1913. For those of you asking "What is the 17th amendment and why should we care," notice that "those of you asking" ... is all of you.

It says you vote for the US senate instead of your state legislature. That's right, a state legislature is making a blatant power grab to let it and not you (the voter) decide who sits in the US senate.

In a shocking turn of events, no not that republicans are trying to kill the popular vote, but that a black man is making a state's rights argument....

But, what's even better, yes, even better, is this fine piece of mental gymnastics where the guy says, "It's about bringing the power back home to the people...."

By taking away THE PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO VOTE for senate....

I just ... that's so wonderful, the bella loco. The beautiful crazy. It's marvelous, just marvelous.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97218 on: February 25, 2016, 09:47:26 am »

Also, being a tolerated name... person (MUH OFFENDATIONS) on 4chan is like being the king of sewer rats, it's certainly something.
Yeah, that's how I'd describe it. And for the record, I was only using my name while working on a homebrewed system and setting on /tg/. To go around with a name or trip in every thread you go to and still be tolerated, that's like being an emperor of the sewer rats of several large cities.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #97219 on: February 25, 2016, 09:48:54 am »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #97220 on: February 25, 2016, 09:50:36 am »

Ye.
Yeah, that's how I'd describe it. And for the record, I was only using my name while working on a homebrewed system and setting on /tg/. To go around with a name or trip in every thread you go to and still be tolerated, that's like being an emperor of the sewer rats of several large cities.
You would proably be Moot.
Or Duke. ALWAYS BET ON DUKE.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97221 on: February 25, 2016, 09:51:50 am »

Bullet resistent couch.

what

That would go wonderfully in my backyard bomb shelter.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97222 on: February 25, 2016, 10:00:46 am »

Bullet resistent couch.

what
The WTF factor is that this isn't from America.

Ye.
You would proably be Moot.
Or Duke. Because Duke gets shit done.
Neither Moot nor Duke. And in any event, I don't believe I've seen a name or trip that was worn everywhere. I've seen a few that are always welcome in a certain kind of thread, but those individuals either drop the names or trips when they go into different threads or simply don't go into other threads.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #97223 on: February 25, 2016, 10:12:07 am »

Bullet resistent couch.

what

Seems pretty useless. Most couches are too short to give much protection unless you're actively taking cover, so it won't help if you don't know you're going to get shot at.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97224 on: February 25, 2016, 10:14:58 am »

Its easier to be a tolerated namefag if you actualy make content that people like, like Duke, or happens to be a camwhore everyone seems to like, but thats nearly impossible and always temporary, and a gateway to a whole lot of drama and it'll make you into a huge target. Even then, though, its mostly restricted to a few threads or boards.
But ye, 4chan still gets shit done at times, though these days its mostly restricted to fa/tg/uys and some /k/ people, I haven't bothered with 4chan in a long time, though.

Anyway, here's a picture of the prime minister of canadia.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97225 on: February 25, 2016, 10:49:22 am »

He looks like an undersized Stephen Fry, I'd say.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97226 on: February 25, 2016, 10:57:03 am »

Truer words were never spoken.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97227 on: February 25, 2016, 11:16:26 am »

Bullet resistent couch.

what

Seems pretty useless. Most couches are too short to give much protection unless you're actively taking cover, so it won't help if you don't know you're going to get shot at.
Unless someone wants to shoot your back underestimates your couch and simply blasts away assuming the bullets will go through it instead of aiming at your head.

Of course that works only if you sit on the couch with your back facing the shooter... yeah not the most useful product but it might indeed save your life if the stars and planets align correctly on the day of summer solstice.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #97228 on: February 25, 2016, 11:27:30 am »

Would probably help a little bit against random drive-by shootings, I guess. But, yeah, not useful for most people.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97229 on: February 25, 2016, 11:30:56 am »

Would probably help a little bit against random drive-by shootings, I guess. But, yeah, not useful for most people.
If you live in a place where random drive-by shootings are commonplace, then the price of that sofa is better spent on a one-way ticket to Fuckthatville.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 6480 6481 [6482] 6483 6484 ... 11040