Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6450 6451 [6452] 6453 6454 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445794 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96765 on: February 18, 2016, 03:33:00 pm »

Yep
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96766 on: February 18, 2016, 03:34:23 pm »

I tried to make use of one of those once outside of class and ended up uninstalling the program and writing things down in notepad++ isntead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96767 on: February 18, 2016, 03:36:38 pm »

Yeah, as far as I can tell they serve no purpose beyond possibly teaching 2nd and 3rd graders to organize their thoughts in a way they can see in a more concrete way than a written outline.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96768 on: February 18, 2016, 03:41:39 pm »

Has anybody heard of mind mapping? Or worse, been forced to do it for an assignment?

It is literally the dumbest thing ever. The concept of mind mapping is like... drawing a floor plan for a house before you walk in. It's totally unhelpful, mostly guesswork and conjecture, and you'll have to throw it out when you start working anyway. In this case, writing a persuasive speech for my Public Speaking class.

If somebody has an actual use case for mind mapping that wasn't forced upon them, my head will pop.

It's pretty much brainstorming, but for a single person and on paper. Might be helpful (and potentially amusing) if you go into automatic writing mode. The whole point if I understand correctly is to try and get your thoughts flowing by what amounts to word association. Not a plan by any means, just an attempt to tabulate any options that come to mind.

For a speech, for example, you'd try and get the issues you'd like to address into a diagram to see how they interconnect and how you can segue from one to the next, maybe.

Really, though, it's kind of like introducing a new standard in the hopes of simplifying things. It seems like a great idea in theory, but the fact you need to expend extra effort to get it to work in the presence of other standards defeats the entire point.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:51:23 pm by Harry Baldman »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96769 on: February 18, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »

I'd say it's more like the brainstorming that got mocked in that one episode of South Park, where the person is just shouting unrelated ideas and going off on a tangent while doing nothing to actually solve the problem.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #96770 on: February 18, 2016, 06:10:40 pm »

I'd call it a marginally less useless variety of procrastination.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96771 on: February 18, 2016, 06:20:36 pm »

I'd call it a marginally less useless variety of procrastination.
Misread "procrastination" as "procreation" and become really confused for a moment.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #96772 on: February 18, 2016, 06:23:16 pm »

Pfftthahahahahaha
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96773 on: February 18, 2016, 06:45:39 pm »

The book we're studying in French class reads like a bad erotic fanfiction. Like. Wow. This shit is terrible. Really terrible. Like. Bluh. I need to cleanse my brain, preferably with fire.

What little I remember from my french classes 15 years ago makes me certain that almost all french literature reads like bad erotic fanfiction.
I don't actually remember much of the books we were forced to read, but I remember that the usual reaction among my class was pretty much always along the lines of "the fuck did I just read, I don't even".
apparently books where french ladies dance naked around their office (as in floor of a skyscraper where a company operates from) in the middle of the night while hallucinating are considered literature so pretty much

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96774 on: February 18, 2016, 07:27:00 pm »

The French have made cultural bank by pretending that obtuse weirdness is high art.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96775 on: February 18, 2016, 07:29:11 pm »

Huh, I thought that sort of sentiment was only widespread here vis-a-vis visual arts. Huh.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96776 on: February 18, 2016, 07:30:46 pm »

The French have made cultural bank by pretending that obtuse weirdness is high art.
Look at this cultural philistine, not warbling French impressionist pictures of filmographic contrapuntal Adlerian analyses of the mind from a postconstructionist viewpoint of the turquoise pigment

BEGONE! I must watch observe more Cocteau to recover from your cultural barbarism

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96777 on: February 18, 2016, 07:37:14 pm »

BEGONE! I must watch observe more Cocteau to recover from your cultural barbarism

Kind of Ironic given that Cocteau was against the sort of high-society high-art garbage that was coming out at the time.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96778 on: February 18, 2016, 07:39:27 pm »

Knowing LW, that's probably intentional.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96779 on: February 18, 2016, 07:40:15 pm »

LW:Meta since ever.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6450 6451 [6452] 6453 6454 ... 11040