Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6343 6344 [6345] 6346 6347 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433723 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95160 on: February 03, 2016, 01:06:25 pm »

[FOXINESS INTENSIFIES]

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95161 on: February 03, 2016, 01:17:26 pm »

I couldn't not share this
So....as someone who doesn't reddit, and doesn't otaku, and is constantly naive about how fucked up entire Internet subcultures can be.....am I reading this correctly in that people are arguing that it's immoral to have a "relationship" (whatever that can possibly mean in this cntext) with more than one fictional character, or just real-life polyamory?

Hold my dwarf, I'm going in.

E: They are refuting fictional polyamory. It's immoral to have more than one fictional 'waifu'. It was apparently started by a member of the community coming out as having more than one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:20:12 pm by BlackFlyme »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95162 on: February 03, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »

I'm sure many would find this creepy but I actually think it's kinda sweet?  Unhealthy but sweet.
I don't agree that they should get bent out of shape about the polyamory though, it's not like every mod speaks with absolute authority for the whole community.

why do I have an opinion on this
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95163 on: February 03, 2016, 01:23:06 pm »

That 'thread' led to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/waifuism/comments/43up4h/a_farewell_to_the_reddit_waifu_community/

Which I only know because someone elsewhere linked to https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/43y843/waifu_wars_polyamory_vs_monogamy/ last night and I was a little curious.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95164 on: February 03, 2016, 01:26:52 pm »

For some reason I'm totally with Vocaloid Mayu on this. At least up 'til the point she says all the stuff against her and polyamory is bigotry...

This is like a crappy soap opera. It always bothers me when I get caught up in them :'(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95165 on: February 03, 2016, 01:44:12 pm »

I just spent, I don't know, a ridiculous amount of time kicking an unconscious goblin around a room in DF adventure mode.
They were rather aerodynamic, but I had to remove most of their clothing because most of the flight-related injuries were being deflected by cloaks and tunics and trousers and such, which I thought was rather unsportsmanlike of 'em. Eventually they hit a wall with enough force to burst. I think I need a new goblin.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95166 on: February 03, 2016, 01:49:50 pm »

That 'thread' led to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/waifuism/comments/43up4h/a_farewell_to_the_reddit_waifu_community/

Which I only know because someone elsewhere linked to https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/43y843/waifu_wars_polyamory_vs_monogamy/ last night and I was a little curious.

Just so I have this straight: the bugaboo is that some people are offended that someone in the waifu community simultaneously loves two non-existent things?

I......I can't say anything else without probably pissing off someone on these boards.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95167 on: February 03, 2016, 02:04:10 pm »

i'd say that the internet is essentially camelot (that is, a silly place), but then i'd probably have to fend off all the people who waifu rin instead of saber or something
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95168 on: February 03, 2016, 02:07:15 pm »

TBH the people who genuinely take the waifu crap seriously rather than as a maymay are messed up. Not morally, but in terms of their perspective on relationships and reality. It's basically an adult having an invisible friend that they're having an imaginary relationship with.

Like, as a joke, sure? As shorthand for "I really like this character," certainly. But the whole unironic "muh pure sweet 2D waifu" thing weirds me out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95169 on: February 03, 2016, 02:10:06 pm »

i mean, it's weird, but if it makes their lives better and they're cool with it i'm not going to judge them too harshly

it's not like they have a kitchen tile fetish or something

god, 4chan has ruined me for civilized conversation
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95170 on: February 03, 2016, 02:12:35 pm »

Oh, yeah, live and let live since there's nothing ethically wrong with it, but I'm not going to self-censor for shit like this.

3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95171 on: February 03, 2016, 02:15:03 pm »

it's not like they have a kitchen tile fetish or something

To be fair, to an outsider, that is exactly what it looks like.

I'm all for enriching one's life through fandom, but there is definitely a limit. When people's identity becomes totally defined by their fandom, I can't help but look askance.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95172 on: February 03, 2016, 02:17:37 pm »

This is a kinda weird topic, I'd say. But then again, thats what happens in this thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95173 on: February 03, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »

At least we're discussing "what" fetishes instead of "whyyyyyy" fetishes.

Though we could be discussing WRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY fetishes...

3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95174 on: February 03, 2016, 02:23:19 pm »

I've realized that I currently have about 7 copies of a 1.6 GB folder and 4 copies of a 7.0 GB one, across three different computers (one of which is almost dead, though, so it probably doesn't count).

i think i'm kind of a little bit too paranoid with backuping those two

then again, this is the only way to be sure that you won't lose the precious-irreplaceable-but-mostly-still-garbage data
._.
Pages: 1 ... 6343 6344 [6345] 6346 6347 ... 11039