Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6222 6223 [6224] 6225 6226 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433682 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93345 on: January 06, 2016, 02:34:42 pm »

Every now and then I consider FG&RP, then realise it isn't really my kind of crowd, and decide not to try. Maybe someday I will.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93346 on: January 06, 2016, 02:36:46 pm »

You avoid much of the mary sue-types by avoiding the free-form RPs. Being an amazing person who is amazing at everything is much more difficult when there are numbers and rules explicitly limiting your character's capabilities :V
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93347 on: January 06, 2016, 02:43:59 pm »

You avoid much of the mary sue-types by avoiding the free-form RPs. Being an amazing person who is amazing at everything is much more difficult when there are numbers and rules explicitly limiting your character's capabilities :V
It certainly helps cut down on it, though it doesn't always eliminate it. It depends on the person, really.

But the freeform rps tend to be pits of shitposting and mary-sues, yeah.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93348 on: January 06, 2016, 02:49:44 pm »

Hardcore vore doe never fails to crank me up.

By hardcore you mean the weird kind of vore or the downright creepy one?

As for chakats...
The universe they come from has a bunch of other weird races... like foxtaurs (for some reason there are both plain anthropomorphic foxes and taur foxes).
What are foxtaurs?
A race with a 10 to 1 female to male ratio and a notable Foxtaur (Garek if i remember his name right) was gang raped by a pack of females before Goldfur (The authors self insert) saved him from his own people and married the poor sot... and the poor guy learned that his new mate has both female and male bits a bit too late.

There is also a race of herms that got progressively stupider the older (up to a point they become drooling sex obsessed idiots) they got... with the only way of slowing that proces is getting yourself pregnant and... well you can guess how that goes.

Foxes (anthros not taurs) have sex drive hormones in their blood instead of hemoglobin (not literally but close) and survived a nuclear war because they bred so fast.

Literally every race has something "wrong" with them when it comes to sex in that universe... there is even one human "cursed" by some fertility god that made him able to impregnate races that are completely incompatible so he did the logical thing and started sleeping with EVERYTHING making him the Shepard before Mass Effect was even conceived.

There is just so much shit to talk about every time someone mentions chakats...

Truth is... it's not just chakats. It's the entire universe made up around them.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #93349 on: January 06, 2016, 02:54:13 pm »

As for chakats...
The universe they come from has a bunch of other weird races... like foxtaurs (for some reason there are both plain anthropomorphic foxes and taur foxes).
What are foxtaurs?
A race with a 10 to 1 female to male ratio and a notable Foxtaur (Garek if i remember his name right) was gang raped by a pack of females before Goldfur (The authors self insert) saved him from his own people and married the poor sot... and the poor guy learned that his new mate has both female and male bits a bit too late.

There is also a race of herms that got progressively stupider the older (up to a point they become drooling sex obsessed idiots) they got... with the only way of slowing that proces is getting yourself pregnant and... well you can guess how that goes.

Foxes (anthros not taurs) have sex drive hormones in their blood instead of hemoglobin (not literally but close) and survived a nuclear war because they bred so fast.

Literally every race has something "wrong" with them when it comes to sex in that universe... there is even one human "cursed" by some fertility god that made him able to impregnate races that are completely incompatible so he did the logical thing and started sleeping with EVERYTHING making him the Shepard before Mass Effect was even conceived.

There is just so much shit to talk about every time someone mentions chakats...

Truth is... it's not just chakats. It's the entire universe made up around them.
Hardcore vore doe never fails to crank me up.

By hardcore you mean the weird kind of vore or the downright creepy one?
Judging by the amount of stuff you know about Chakats universe, I don't really think we use the same definition for "weird" and "creepy".
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93350 on: January 06, 2016, 03:02:54 pm »

Judging by the amount of stuff you know about Chakats universe, I don't really think we use the same definition for "weird" and "creepy".
Read 3 chapters because a (chakat) friend asked me to... and checked TV Tropes (Because i was curious and TV tropes is TV tropes).
Self promotion below.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #93351 on: January 06, 2016, 03:04:49 pm »

Judging by the fact you have Chakat friend, I don't really think we use the same definition for "weird" and "creepy".
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93352 on: January 06, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

Judging by the fact you have Chakat friend, I don't really think we use the same definition for "weird" and "creepy".
Translation: Kot is asking you to be more specific when saying "weird" and "creepy", and has a speech impediment that keeps him from admitting that he wants to know more about Chakats and is afraid to look things up for himself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93353 on: January 06, 2016, 03:12:56 pm »

Translation: Kot is asking you to be more specific when saying "weird" and "creepy", and has a speech impediment that keeps him from admitting that he wants to know more about Chakats and is afraid to look things up for himself.
Oh i didn't understand at first!
TV Tropes is the best SFW place to learn about the wonders of Bernard Doves amazing penmanship!
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/ChakonaSpace
Self promotion below.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #93354 on: January 06, 2016, 03:13:46 pm »

Well, while an Inquisitor can totally order someone to go check out Chaos stuff, it's certainly not a popular thing to do, since it either makes people go crazy or turns them into horrible hermaphrodite animal whatevers, and the only thing harder than killing them is their cocks, so I have to make allusions so in the end I can burn him on a stake with clean hands.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #93355 on: January 06, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »

It certainly helps cut down on it, though it doesn't always eliminate it. It depends on the person, really.

I deliberately avoid them for that reason, heh. The former is the same reason I've been avoiding the "user above you" threads as of late.

Somehow the one game I have that could be classified as a "freeform" seems to usually be more on the side of
just plain odd or ridiculous
than sues and self-inserts, although I wouldn't say it's totally free of them. I'd chalk it up to being a horrifying mixture of established settings and intentional weirdness, though.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93356 on: January 06, 2016, 05:06:50 pm »

Hey!  That's not at all true!  Most of the time!  At least, there aren't Mary Sues!  Except for that one guy!  And he doesn't count!

Yeah, the shitposting is a thing though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93357 on: January 06, 2016, 05:53:04 pm »

All of this shit is collectively why I stopped trying to participate in FG&RP. I remember one game of mine that I dropped like a box of burning coals after I made the mistake of giving my players agency in creating their character and got back a coinflip decision between a furry Marty Stu with powers that were apparently whatever the person who designed (and I use that word loosely) it wanted and a munchkined to hell and back dictator of the equivalent of a city-state. Those when I'd pretty clearly set things up for a fun low-level sword-and-sorcery sort of adventure.  ::)

I don't think it's just my perception, either; a year or three ago I distinctly remember there being more quality games and almost none of the one-line spam "roleplay".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93358 on: January 06, 2016, 05:54:38 pm »

Yikes.
I hope I'm never so far off the deep end as to make either of those for that sort of setting...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #93359 on: January 06, 2016, 05:59:25 pm »

All of this shit is collectively why I stopped trying to participate in FG&RP. I remember one game of mine that I dropped like a box of burning coals after I made the mistake of giving my players agency in creating their character and got back a coinflip decision between a furry Marty Stu with powers that were apparently whatever the person who designed (and I use that word loosely) it wanted and a munchkined to hell and back dictator of the equivalent of a city-state. Those when I'd pretty clearly set things up for a fun low-level sword-and-sorcery sort of adventure.  ::)

I don't think it's just my perception, either; a year or three ago I distinctly remember there being more quality games and almost none of the one-line spam "roleplay".
Well, I'll be putting on my snorkeling equipment because I'm going on a forum dive, gonna see if this strain of 'weirdosinii rollplayerynesst' is new or if it's been going on for a while.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 6222 6223 [6224] 6225 6226 ... 11039