Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6187 6188 [6189] 6190 6191 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456416 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92820 on: December 28, 2015, 03:22:27 pm »

The calendar says December, the weather says April.

Never before have I been so glad to see a weather forecast for 32o weather.
You've got 32 degree weather?
Envy.  Much envy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92821 on: December 28, 2015, 03:25:17 pm »

What hemisphere are you in? It's currently cold, cloudy, and rainy in Texas, USA with a high of ~40oF (~4oC) and is pretty much the standard winter weather around here.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92822 on: December 28, 2015, 03:29:00 pm »

meanwhile, slightly to the east, the high today is 77. It is very windy (tornado watch!), but it won't top off below 70 again until friday :-\

And we've got some upper 80s in south florida :V
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:32:56 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92823 on: December 28, 2015, 03:40:33 pm »

The pressure is written on the tire somewhere, probably 50-60 PSI for a mountain bike.  Sometimes 40 but eh.

That... seems like a lot. I do have a compressor with a gauge, but I'm not sure if I actually trust the readout. The tire felt pretty inflated when the thing read 20 PSI, and my old bike was usually good around 24 PSI. I generally play it by feel.

I'll probably take another go at it next week or so, assuming winter doesn't realize it's supposed to be winter and catches up by dumping 10 feet of snow all at once. It's an especial pain in the ass to mount it, since I had to raise the seat to get the basket attachment onto it.
Ah no, trust me, you want 30 at the very least.  I don't remember seeing a tire rated less than 40, even on mountain bikes.  40 is probably enough.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92824 on: December 28, 2015, 04:05:07 pm »

What hemisphere are you in? It's currently cold, cloudy, and rainy in Texas, USA with a high of ~40oF (~4oC) and is pretty much the standard winter weather around here.
Northern Kentucky. We've had 50-70 degree temperatures and rain for weeks now. Our typical average temperature on Christmas Day for decades has been in the 30-45 degree range, often with snow; this year it was 54 degrees.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92825 on: December 28, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »

Shopping for pants is hard when stores only seem to have ones designed for guys with legs like giraffes.

Everything only seems to come in slim, skinny, and circulation-blockingly tight. And are all oddly long. I'm not a long-legged person.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92826 on: December 28, 2015, 05:07:57 pm »

And I have the exact opposite problem. :V Almost nobody in my area sells sufficiently long, narrow-waisted pants.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92827 on: December 28, 2015, 05:25:18 pm »

Yeah, at least when trousers are too long you can roll up the hems - kinda hard to roll down a hem that isn't there.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92828 on: December 28, 2015, 05:27:12 pm »

Yeeaah... if you're short legged, it would probably pay off to learn how to hem pants, or at least have someone nearby to call on with the ability. Or just roll with oversized pants, I guess. I'll admit, I do that a fair bit. Been too lazy to learn to hem.

Though option for the waist and whatnot, at the very least slacks do come with elastic waists. I've got... one of those, at the moment. Need more. Massively more comfortable and less trouble than pretty much all my other social leg covering devices.

Jeans do, too, actually, but they mostly seem to be gender focused on women in that case, which may or may not be a problem. And fairly uncommon regardless. Still, they're out there. When you can't have properly fitted clothes, remember technology can ease the pain.
Ask not!
Ask!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92829 on: December 28, 2015, 06:08:54 pm »

I can never find long enough pants, myself.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92830 on: December 28, 2015, 06:10:54 pm »

I don't recognize myself in the mirror anymore o_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92831 on: December 28, 2015, 06:17:35 pm »

They did] warn you when you went in for facial reconstruction and full frontal tattooing, siru. I realize the voodoo hobo queen was very persuasive, but there are consequences...
Ask not!
Ask!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92832 on: December 28, 2015, 06:29:28 pm »

I don't recognize myself in the mirror anymore o_o
You mean metaphorically, right? Because otherwise you're bound to be having some serious neurological issues...

Even metaphorically, this seems more like terrifying thread material.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92833 on: December 28, 2015, 06:32:40 pm »

Merely an exaggeration. I haven't shaved or had a haircut in about two years, until today. The sight of my cleaned-up head is still a bit strange to me, though the lack of hair blocking my eyes when the wind blows is something I can live with :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92834 on: December 28, 2015, 06:35:35 pm »

Shopping for pants is hard when stores only seem to have ones designed for guys with legs like giraffes.

Everything only seems to come in slim, skinny, and circulation-blockingly tight. And are all oddly long. I'm not a long-legged person.
I often encounter the opposite problem: pants which are both very long and very thin at the waist can be hard to find.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6187 6188 [6189] 6190 6191 ... 11040