Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6185 6186 [6187] 6188 6189 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454365 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92790 on: December 27, 2015, 12:55:08 am »

You could compromise and have a lock with a spiky bit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92791 on: December 27, 2015, 02:19:53 am »

I could just tape some razorblades to the door handle so it can only be safely opened from the inside. :P

In other WTF news: suddenly my house has filled with people. People I'm okay with, so it's not a problem- just kind of unexpected.
They are planning on playing some serious SSB. I just wish I had more booze in the house, drunken SSB is a fun time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92792 on: December 27, 2015, 02:23:47 am »

I literally started pushing a pile of books against the door when I lived with the frat boys. Words no worky. Gained an appreciation for headphones and loud music as well. Hell is bad housemates (this was the place where I had to wash my dishes in the bathroom because the kitchen sink was always full).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #92793 on: December 27, 2015, 10:47:58 am »

Edit: Ugh, it was annoying enough how people seem to interpret me responding to a knock on the door with "What?" as meaning "Come in," but now they seem to think there is no need to knock at all before barging in. At this rate I will have to boobytrap my fucking bedroom door. Maybe some punji stakes or some sort of swinging spike trap.
Clingfilm and swinging buckets full of lubed dildoes
It's the only (legal) way

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92794 on: December 27, 2015, 02:23:53 pm »

What happened to the Ameripol thread?

Never mind, I am CAPTAIN TIMING, whose skills at asking things at the wrong moments are unparalleled.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:26:57 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #92795 on: December 27, 2015, 03:15:22 pm »

I thought I knew what a bad movie was. How wrong I was. Today I saw Death in Venice. I keep seeing praise for it, but... it is terrible. It is literally two hours of a pedophile staring at a tennager, who stares back. Then the former dies.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92796 on: December 27, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

Did he die in Venice?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #92797 on: December 27, 2015, 03:58:09 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92798 on: December 27, 2015, 06:53:28 pm »

I thought I knew what a bad movie was. How wrong I was. Today I saw Death in Venice. I keep seeing praise for it, but... it is terrible. It is literally two hours of a pedophile staring at a tennager, who stares back. Then the former dies.
It's fine as an opera. I think it was originally that, at least.

Why on earth they thought they could make a smooth transition from opera to film, I have no idea ::)
One wheel short of a wagon

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92799 on: December 27, 2015, 07:02:46 pm »

Where I live, it was 84 degrees Fahrenheit 30 minutes ago, and now it is hailing marble sized chunks of ice.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92800 on: December 27, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »

Where I live, it was 84 degrees Fahrenheit 30 minutes ago, and now it is hailing marble sized chunks of ice.

From was I've seen, the two are not mutually exclusive.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92801 on: December 27, 2015, 07:43:41 pm »

Yeah, that happened in Belgium last summer. 30 degrees to hailstorm in an hour.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92802 on: December 27, 2015, 07:59:17 pm »

From was I've seen, the two are not mutually exclusive.
No. The temperature dropped to about 40 degrees once the storm hit.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92803 on: December 27, 2015, 08:20:40 pm »

Eh, from what I understand it's not really that unusual. Not common, but not a terrible surprise. Have to remember hail forms pretty high up, iirc, and just 'cause it's warm near the ground don't mean it is way on up there.

... that said, increases in unusual weather have kiiiiinda' been predicted, sooooo...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92804 on: December 27, 2015, 08:35:26 pm »

Eh, from what I understand it's not really that unusual. Not common, but not a terrible surprise. Have to remember hail forms pretty high up, iirc, and just 'cause it's warm near the ground don't mean it is way on up there.

... that said, increases in unusual weather have kiiiiinda' been predicted, sooooo...

I would think that hail is a bit more common in warmer weather. When it's warm, water vapor rises higher before it starts to cool down and condense, giving it more timer to get cold and more likely to freeze. More water rises as well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 6185 6186 [6187] 6188 6189 ... 11040