Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6145 6146 [6147] 6148 6149 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448041 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92190 on: December 18, 2015, 03:20:35 am »

When I went to South Korea, one of their import rules was that you could not have any communist paraphernalia with you. One guy was very upset he could not bring his Soviet flag beach towel.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92191 on: December 18, 2015, 04:47:22 am »

Canada is selling eight million bottles of air to China.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92192 on: December 18, 2015, 05:33:49 am »

Canada is selling eight million bottles of air to China.

A thousand-year supply of air? The way they're running things, it'll last about a hundred.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92193 on: December 18, 2015, 05:41:07 am »

More like ten. If we're lucky.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92194 on: December 18, 2015, 05:41:46 am »

It was more the fact that Canadians are making a lot of money by selling air. AIR.

A
I
R

And here I was thinking it would be politicians who would make people pay for air.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92195 on: December 18, 2015, 06:32:10 am »

For some stupid fucking reason Australian websites refer to straightening irons as "hair straighteners"- searching for straightening irons pulls up a bunch of overseas sites. Learn how to fucking English you miserable fucking bogans. I suppose the real WTF here is just how angry this makes me.

I think I shall have to order one from the US instead just to avoid this travesty of language.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92196 on: December 18, 2015, 06:36:10 am »

M8, hair straighteners is the thing they're called. Why don't you move to America if you love it so much?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92197 on: December 18, 2015, 06:40:43 am »

"Hair straightener" is disgusting lowbrow slang. That's as bad as... calling something you don't like "literally Hitler" or whatever.
And I probably would move to America if I could afford it. Not because I "love it so much," but because it is at least better than here.

Edit: Also, don't you dare "M8" at me you chav. You are from Britain, right? If not, switch 'chav' for 'bogan'.
My impressionable housemates picked up the awful habit of saying "mate" all the time whilst I was away for a month and a half in September and I am still trying to beat it out of them. Ugh. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:44:23 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92198 on: December 18, 2015, 06:53:00 am »

it is at least better than here.

Unless you live in one of the places we're bombing/covertly encouraging along the path to unpleasantness, that depends on your point of view, economic standing, and how much you mind our hilariously-bad gun laws. :/
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92199 on: December 18, 2015, 06:53:09 am »

For some stupid fucking reason Australian websites refer to straightening irons as "hair straighteners"- searching for straightening irons pulls up a bunch of overseas sites. Learn how to fucking English you miserable fucking bogans. I suppose the real WTF here is just how angry this makes me.

I think I shall have to order one from the US instead just to avoid this travesty of language.

Learn English
English
ENGLISH! Not AMERICAN! AMERICA IS NOT ENGLAND! ENGLISH=ENGLAND!

Also, what the hell is a straightening iron? Sounds like something you'd use in metallurgy. Whereas 'Hair Straightener' is exactly what it says on the tin.

Go and eat a peanut butter and jam sandwich if you're so American.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c2/a4/a8/c2a4a8f9f9937ffe813675ddc50fb105.jpg

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92200 on: December 18, 2015, 07:00:24 am »

American English, British English, and probably Australian, Canadian, etc., English are all dialects of English.
Not to forget AAVE either.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92201 on: December 18, 2015, 07:00:38 am »

Learn English
English
???

I am quite confused right now... I have no idea what you are trying to say.
For the record, I am not American. I simply prefer to see/hear English used correctly- it is the only language I can speak fluently, so forgive me if I am a little overprotective of it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92202 on: December 18, 2015, 07:02:41 am »

Yeah, but of those Australian english is the bestest dialect. British English I can kinda understand, but the yanks? The bloody Yanks still call that bastardisation 'English'?

Oh, nearly forgot Canada. I guess they're pretty cool guys.

Learn English
English
???

I am quite confused right now... I have no idea what you are trying to say.
For the record, I am not American. I simply prefer to see/hear English used correctly- it is the only language I can speak fluently, so forgive me if I am a little overprotective of it.
Yoink used confusion. It's super effective.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92203 on: December 18, 2015, 07:08:23 am »

I don't get what you guys are so hung up on. "Correct" English from England is... well...

Let's just say this:

English = Norman + Saxon + Latin + Celtic + Norse + ~1000 years of linguistic orgies
England = Country ruled by a German Queen of Scotland
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92204 on: December 18, 2015, 07:11:39 am »

Australian English is horrible.
I mean, most of the time it's not too extreme, but you still hear "mate" and "g'day" being heedlessly thrown into polite conversation.
It's disgraceful. At least I don't talk to people very much. Still, it's always a gut-punch when someone I otherwise like and respect suddenly goes and drops the M-bomb when I'm attempting to converse with them. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 6145 6146 [6147] 6148 6149 ... 11040